The Sonic Orbiter is an awesome product you may have not heard of before

Jeager2

Jul 28, 2023
I wanted to take a moment and mention one specific component that I’ve loved in my system for years that few people seem to know about. It’s called a Sonic Orbiter mine specifically is the now discontinued Optical version. What is it? It’s a way to store and play your music at high fidelity in a variety of ways. I use it personally as a Logitech Media Server. It can also work as a Roon Ready endpoint. Tidal and Qobuz work fine.
i use the iPeng app on my phone and iPad. You can configure and test everything from a web browser easily.
Have a look at them and consider it. This comes with my highest 5 star endorsement!
You can find a few videos on YouTube or look directly at their site here:
smallgreencomputer.com

best wishes audiophiles!

Reactions: KrellFan1

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
I wanted to take a moment and mention one specific component that I’ve loved in my system for years that few people seem to know about. It’s called a Sonic Orbiter mine specifically is the now discontinued Optical version. What is it? It’s a way to store and play your music at high fidelity in a variety of ways. I use it personally as a Logitech Media Server. It can also work as a Roon Ready endpoint. Tidal and Qobuz work fine.
i use the iPeng app on my phone and iPad. You can configure and test everything from a web browser easily.
Have a look at them and consider it. This comes with my highest 5 star endorsement!
You can find a few videos on YouTube or look directly at their site here:
smallgreencomputer.com

best wishes audiophiles!
I also have a Small Green Computer - the ST15 and it’s a fabulous music server. Built like a tank with a terrific web interface fully supportive of Roon and many other apps. I also bought Andrews’s LPS and it’s fantastic.

I see you are using what I presume is Squeezebox server? I’m thinking of using it with Roon and just wondering how you like it compared to Roon RAAT.

And I too can easily recommend SGC’s products. They offer tremendous value with good support provided by Andrew.

Attachments

• version=1&uuid=F569C312-69F6-49BD-A571-D2760050FDBF&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
    version=1&uuid=F569C312-69F6-49BD-A571-D2760050FDBF&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 10

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing