Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0 >>>>Rhapsody.Audio

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Yes it’s only 14 feet wide. The Cunterpoint or a totally different experience than the Courante.

Sure the Courante would be fine in this room unless you heard the Counterpoint.

I just happen to be used to large scale systems so it’s my preference.
Bob, could you show a closeup of the Cunterpoint, please ! ;)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Pretty small room for the large CPs. Wouldn´t the Courante be suitable enough? Do the CP give you any advantage vs. Courante in this smaller room?
In the room through the door between the CP's is this system. I need the CP's to compete with the scale of sound that the BotticelliX deliver and the CP's do offer very similar scale, which I crave.

IMG_1505.jpg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We will be showing the Bayz Audio Courante speakers, driven with a Pilium Alexander pre/Achilles stereo amp in Room 1603 at Axpona. The system will be wired with Nordost Odin2 and Odin QKORE signal grounding.

We will be playing the Taiko Audio Extreme with the latest Esoteric digital front end. We will also be playing R2R using a King/Cello tape pre and playing Tape Project and Acoustic Sounds first generation tapes.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I found the final resting place for my Counterpoints. I LOVE the way they sound in this room/position. ROOM full of sound, not just a wall of sound.
I44MG_1869.jpg

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
These Bayz Audio speakers really sound great with an Audionet Humboldt Integrated amp !

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We are having an amazing experience at Axpona 22 with the Bayz/Pilium/Extreme/Odin2 set up.

The room has been completely full pretty much all the time for the last two days. I was impressed by the number of young people that have been at the show versus the past shows that I have been out in the US.

YT video someone posted yesterday at this link.

Attachments

• F4020F57-1B04-4B4B-9131-98FFB6E29954.jpeg
    F4020F57-1B04-4B4B-9131-98FFB6E29954.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What a great follow up week to Axpona22. Zoltan Bay and his lovely wife Andrea are spending the rest of the week with me at my place in Brooklyn. Lot's of VERY interesting conversations and listening sessions. Zoltan is a very special person. I am honored.
Image-77.jpeg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The guy on the
What a great follow up week to Axpona22. Zoltan Bay and his lovely wife Andrea are spending the rest of the week with me at my place in Brooklyn. Lot's of VERY interesting conversations and listening sessions. Zoltan is a very special person. I am honored.
View attachment 92091
The guy on the left is Richard Gere?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
From the TAS Axpona show report, in $30K and UP speakers - "The Best" catagory-

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/axpona-2022-loudspeakers-30k-and-up

Best​

As in the past, the $48k, two-way (electrostatic-like membrane tweeter, Egyptian papyrus cone woofer), carbon-fiber-bodied, Steam Punk-looking Bayz Courante were doing their marvelous omni-thing, driven by an Esoteric DAC and a Pillium amp and preamp. In a much smaller room, the sound was quite wonderful—like all radials, a little less focused at stage center than direct radiators, but so open and natural than all else was forgiven.
Image-82.jpeg
Image-81.jpeg Image-80.jpeg Image-79.jpeg

Attachments

• Image-78.jpeg
    Image-78.jpeg
    741.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I was in bobs room many times. It was a room to go back to in cleaning up my hearing from bad rooms. very cool sound. Fast and never unnatural
I have heard big brothers to the show model
it’s a wonderful sound non fatigue at a good volume. just fun to wonder how this amazing sound can be produced in this really cool style. pilium to me produces great music
bobs room was packed and sometimes I was just inside the door where it still was a wow.
great setup work bob you really know how to make any room work for you. A talent a buyer can depend on.
ps esoteric is a smart choice always seems to stand out

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I was in bobs room many times. It was a room to go back to in cleaning up my hearing from bad rooms. very cool sound. Fast and never unnatural
I have heard big brothers to the show model
it’s a wonderful sound non fatigue at a good volume. just fun to wonder how this amazing sound can be produced in this really cool style. pilium to me produces great music
bobs room was packed and sometimes I was just inside the door where it still was a wow.
great setup work bob you really know how to make any room work for you. A talent a buyer can depend on.
ps esoteric is a smart choice always seems to stand out
Muchas gracias Al:)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Another Bayz/Pilium/Taiko/Esoteric Axpona report-

https://hifichicken.com/axpona-2022-americas-largest-hifi-showcase

Bayz Audio, Esoteric, Pilium Audio​

To continue with unconventional speakers Bayz Audios Speakers are an omnidirectional design, creating a 360-degree circle of music. At the show, they were powered by a massive Pilium Archilles amp as well as a Preamp from Pilium. The sound did not seem to come from the speakers themselves but from the room. Listening offered a very cool sensation of almost sitting in the sound stage, not so much in front of it. As for tonality, the speakers sounded pretty neutral, the bass was tight and impactful, the midrange was lush, and the top end was not too bright. Beyond the great sound, the speakers are lookers as well. The Pilium electronics provided plenty of clean power to really get the most out of the speakers.
AA2U9772-2048x1365.jpg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
New Bayz Audio Counterpoint installation with a Pilium Leonidas, which arrived yesterday from Budapest Hungary to their new home. The electronics set up is temporary. The electronics will eventually move to a side wall of the room.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 7.58.54 PM.jpeg

Then adding a Pilium Elektra DAC to the mix. We will also add the Taiko Audio Extreme to the system in a few days.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 8.07.52 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bayz/Kondo system-

PHOTO-2022-09-10-18-24-36.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing