Artists that you just don't/can't connect with!

Expect a visit from Tupac's ghost at around 03:00 Oceania time. ;) ;) ;)

The only Smiths song I ever really liked was "How Soon is Now?"

Oh yeah...REM. They were OK enough that I owned 1 record - Monster - until I picked up a Richard Thompson tribute record featuring REM covering "Wall of Death." They shouldn't have done it. Remember, years ago, when Linda Rhonstadt would occasionally cover a Warren Zevon tune and, while it may have been lovely, it just sounded like she didn't get the dark humor? "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" completely devoid of irony?

It's like that, only whiney, whiney like an annoying teenage girl with a spot on her new dress. Just awful. I haven't been able to listen to REM since without hearing that awful whine. I can barely look at pictures of Michael Stipe. OK...I exaggerate for effect, and I'm sure at this point you're either offended or amused. I'll hope for amused. :) But I really can't stand that cover.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing