iOS7 Now Available For Download

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Updated the other day on both phones. I changed the text to bold so it looks much better. It turned off my Bluetooth devices. Found that out while I was driving. Had to go back into settings and turn it back on.
What I don't like is what it did to the Calendars. I want my old Calendar layout back!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
No bold type here yet. Thought I'd give it some time, and actually I find it very readable and the whole look is growing on me. Very clean and open. Haven't quite adjusted to the icons yet.

Tim

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The only issue I have with iOS7 is the very small type-in area for SMSes, which now includes a Subject, equally small. I can't make any of them larger

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I uploaded iOS7 via iTunes, no problem. But I'm not sure there's much going for OS7 unless I'm missing something. In the previous system, if you look at your emails in list form, you can swipe them to delete them in one action. You can't do that in OS7. It's a 2 step process. Edit/ then delete. What a waste of time. Same for messages. As far as looks, I have no problem with them. The cosmetics are pleasant enough. But what functional improvements are there? It reminds me of iTunes. I almost wish I never upgraded past iTunes 3. They seem to have removed useful features with every incremental upgrade. By the time we get to iTunes 37, we'll probably have to sing our own songs.

marty,

I can still swipe an email (from right to left), then pick Move/Trash. I believe in iOS 6 you were still required to confirm the action, so that was also a 2 action process.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
A friend of mine downloaded iOS7 to his 4S phone and he absolutely hates it. He hates the white screen and the small font and icons. He wishes he never downloaded it and says he can't go back unless he jailbreaks his phone.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just switched. Still getting used to it. While I'm not crazy about the icons, I like the new feel and looks. I particularly like the easier access to settings via the command center as well as the iPad type double click for multitasking.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Different strokes I guess. I particularly like the new calendar.

Tim

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
A friend of mine downloaded iOS7 to his 4S phone and he absolutely hates it. He hates the white screen and the small font and icons. He wishes he never downloaded it and says he can't go back unless he jailbreaks his phone.

Please advise him to use iTunes next time, and take a backup first before upgrading - it's then trivial to restore the old OS.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I'm in no rush to change. I wish I had never updated the OS in my iMac. It made my scanner obsolete and it now needs to be replaced. Do we really need another reissue of "Kind of Blue"?
This is good to know, i updated my phone (5) and iPad (2) without a problem, but instinct told me to hold off on updating the 'Big Mac.' Are you using an HP scanner with wireless printing capability?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
This is good to know, i updated my phone (5) and iPad (2) without a problem, but instinct told me to hold off on updating the 'Big Mac.' Are you using an HP scanner with wireless printing capability?

I have a wired HP LaserJet 3055 which is about 4 years old. It's an all-in-one copier/printer/scanner/fax. My kids finally got me to buy an iPhone. When I did, I told the salesman that I wanted my iMac to synch with my new iPhone. They said no problem as long as I updated from my old OS. I had to go from what ever I had to snow lepard then finally to mountain lion. After buying and loading disks, downloading from iTunes etc etc, my phone is not synched to my iMac and my HP unit is not compatible with the latest OS. HP no longer supports this model. So now I have to buy a new all-in-one. Nothing but hassle and expense and many conversations with HP and Apple.

In hindsight, I should have just kept my old OS and not worried about synching my new phone. The Apple kid assured me all would be fine. I no longer believe what I hear in that store.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I have a wired HP LaserJet 3055 which is about 4 years old. It's an all-in-one copier/printer/scanner/fax. My kids finally got me to buy an iPhone. When I did, I told the salesman that I wanted my iMac to synch with my new iPhone. They said no problem as long as I updated from my old OS. I had to go from what ever I had to snow lepard then finally to mountain lion. After buying and loading disks, downloading from iTunes etc etc, my phone is not synched to my iMac and my HP unit is not compatible with the latest OS. HP no longer supports this model. So now I have to buy a new all-in-one. Nothing but hassle and expense and many conversations with HP and Apple.

In hindsight, I should have just kept my old OS and not worried about synching my new phone. The Apple kid assured me all would be fine. I no longer believe what I hear in that store.
Thanks for that. My Mac desktop is about a year old. I bought a new HP printer/scanner that was supposed to be compatible, but the discs provided were outdated. It took me a couple hours on the phone with HP to download the proper software and configure everything. I can print wirelessly from my iPad downstairs, or even from my phone (if I activate the wifi on the phone). It all works well, thus, am reluctant to upgrade the OS on the big daddy Mac if it means the printer/scanner won't continue to work. I guess i could run a test first from the iPad, which is running on IOS 7.2 and see if it prints. We should all get a personal IT guy with this stuff. It isn't intuitive, at least for me.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
That's weird about the HP printer drivers. My Brother multifunction laser is 5+ years old and the drivers still receive updates. Hard to believe they dropped Mac support so soon.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
You should have a CD with Snow Leopard, since it wouldn't update online, so you could go back and re-install it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing