iOS7 Now Available For Download

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
You know what's annoying, Steve? Apple users! You hear the same things over and over again - don't need a fast CPU, that is, until Apple release a 64 bit CPU which is the fastest on the market then suddenly it becomes a point of honour. What else? Don't need live wallpapers (available on Android since 2.0)? Everybody seems to be having kittens over the 3D effect wallpaper in iOS7. Witness also the passionate defence for skeuomorphic design ... that is, until Forstall was given the sack and iOS7 copies Android and WinMo with a more modern flat design. Automatic OTA app updates? Nope, don't need that either. Suddenly with iOS7, it is trumpeted as a great feature. Apple users also say they don't need a big screen. That is, until Apple released the iP5 then they were all praising the larger screen. Wait till you hear the excited bleating when Apple releases the rumoured 4.5" iPhone.

Apple's limitations are made out to be features, until Apple themselves releases a new OS with the limitation removed, then Apple users run around as if Christmas has come early. If Apple users don't have it, they claim they don't need it. Wait until Apple gives you a choice to install a third party keyboard, or third party dialler, or enable true app sharing. Then it will be welcome to 2002. Even my old O2 XDA could do all that.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I honestly can't remember anybody saying automatic updates are not needed. Really. On the contrary, I remember when a US Senator joked about this very thing on that hearing that Tim Cook (or was it Schiller?) participated... Not having automatic updates was a nuisance, and EVERYBODY knew that. Now, since we're talking about automatic updates, care to talk about how many Android users can automatically update to the latest version of the OS? I know how many did just that on the iOS side...

The whole skeuomorphic thing predates Forstall, and it was Steve's thing. Forstall just ran with it. And again, it was always polarising, never a consensus (either way).

You paint Apple fans as delusional, and I find that a small minority are indeed a bit crazy over their appreciation for all things Apple. But you seem to have us here at WBF confused with those. We tend to be a bit more critical than your average forum out there, and that includes smartphones too.

Apple always had the lead in perceived speed, which is what matters in the end. That speed is achieved through a number of things, software and hardware. So, having a very fast octa-core CPU is meaningless, if your software is crap, like Android is. Add the various third-party UI layers of gunk, and all of a sudden octa-core is the minimum required to get sub-iPhone performance levels. Perhaps that's where you get the idea that Apple users don't give a sh*t about fast processors (I still don't).

Hardly anything you say matches reality, only your own reality, where Apple is the devil incarnate, and its customers are out to get you.

If you have an irrational dislike for Apple, that's fine. You just don't like them or their products, and that's your prerrogative. But don't make up a whole reality around yourself to justify your dislike.

alexandre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing