Your lastest music purchases!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Blood on the Tracks is a great, great album. I have an early pressing with the full mural on the back, haven't listened to it in a while, but remember it sounding pretty good. Desire is also great, as is Planet Waves (though they sound drunk).
I just bought a reissue of the Louvin Bros 'Satan is Real' and have a dozen or so records that have arrived from various sources in the last week - unfortunately, the weather here is stormy, so I keep pulling the power to my system.

We're expecting more t-storms tonight, but luckily not the 126mm they received on Toronto proper on Monday night. Most rain since 1954. Few people at work has flooded basements knee-deep.

Anyway.....the album sounds terrific so far. Not a huge Dylan fan, but I wanted this album as I heard so many great things about it. Looks like MoFi did a wonderful job on it as well.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Wow. We have Whart in Texas I presume and John in Canada, and me in Indiana all experiencing bad storms. We actually lost power for awhile today. The sun is shining right now and the temperature did decrease by around 20 degrees once the storms rolled through.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Wow. We have Whart in Texas I presume and John in Canada, and me in Indiana all experiencing bad storms. We actually lost power for awhile today. The sun is shining right now and the temperature did decrease by around 20 degrees once the storms rolled through.
MEP, i'm up in NY right now, and since I have been back here, it has stormed roughly 35 out of 40 days- crazy lightening/thunder/torrential downpours, like the tropics. Central Tx is usually just hotter than hell and no rain. (I'll take it!)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
MEP, i'm up in NY right now, and since I have been back here, it has stormed roughly 35 out of 40 days- crazy lightening/thunder/torrential downpours, like the tropics. Central Tx is usually just hotter than hell and no rain. (I'll take it!)

Bill-I was wondering whether you were in NY or TX. Our spring/summer has been very unusual this year. We normally start off with a wet spring and then go into a drought. This year we have just continued to have tons of rain and severe thunderstorms. The farmers were late getting their crops into the ground and the corn is around 4 weeks behind where it normally should be right now.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's been rain, rain and more rain here since early spring, and as the temps rise the severity of the storms have grown into sometimes scary proportions. I'm actually quite surprised we haven't seen more power outtages...thankfully.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Blood on the Tracks is a great, great album. I have an early pressing with the full mural on the back, haven't listened to it in a while, but remember it sounding pretty good. Desire is also great, as is Planet Waves (though they sound drunk).
I just bought a reissue of the Louvin Bros 'Satan is Real' and have a dozen or so records that have arrived from various sources in the last week - unfortunately, the weather here is stormy, so I keep pulling the power to my system.

You might like this:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...ing-that-youre-hoping-on-live-tv-1956.323119/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing