Your lastest music purchases!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
My latest vinyl order that just shipped.

Miles Davis Quintet / Great Prestige Recordings 45 rpm Gray/Hoffman rematered Box set
Sonny Rollins / A Night at The Village Vanguard (mono) Classic Records
Lee Morgan / Candy Classic Records
Hank Mobley / Soul Station Classic Records
Kenny Burrell / Midnight Blue Classic Records
Miles Davis / In Person At The Blackhawk San Francisco Kevin Gray remastered

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Picked these up today:
George Benson - W&.JPG
PF - WYWH 2011 001..JPG

I initially wasn't going to pickup the PF-WYWH vinyl, but I've heard so many different opinions that I decided I wanted to check it out for myself.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Bought some CD's off Amazon UK today:

Many thanks in particular must go to Lloyd, Lee and Frantz for their wonderful direction concerning these classcial recordings. I picked the Starker dics on a recommendation, but the Yo Yo Ma I'm kinda just taking a chance on. I've heard him before and do like his playing, so I thought why not.

31CIxoMh3eL__SL500&#.jpg
51-STQ1kI1L__SL500_.jpg

I picked these two as I love Jose Feliciano and have nothing on CD by him (only vinyl).
515986jZo9L__SL500&#95.jpg
51aHrjDClHL__SL500&#9.jpg

All in all they cost me just shy of $12 a piece ($47.22 CDN including S+H)...I can live with that.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I went to my nearby Manifest today and picked up the following;

Manfred Mann's - The Roaring Silence
Dan Folgelberg & Tim Weisberg - Twin Sons of Different Mothers
The Doors - The Essential Doors Hits
Olivia Newton John - Magic
America - A Horse with No Name
The Eagles - Hotel California [Somehow lost my original]
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Bang!
Tommy Bolin - Private Eyes
Patricia Barber - Companion
Autograph - Sign in Please

Then ordered a couple more that they didn't have in stock. I do love this hobby!!! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just bought these this morning from a member over at the SH Forums.

Classic Records - 180-gram

APP - I, Robot..jpg APP - Turn of a Fr.jpg

Can't wait to get them! :D

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just bought this for $25 from a good friend. It's MINT! Nice!

Dire Straits - Lo&#.jpg

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Bought some CD's off Amazon UK today:

Many thanks in particular must go to Lloyd, Lee and Frantz for their wonderful direction concerning these classcial recordings. I picked the Starker dics on a recommendation, but the Yo Yo Ma I'm kinda just taking a chance on. I've heard him before and do like his playing, so I thought why not.

View attachment 3197
View attachment 3200

I picked these two as I love Jose Feliciano and have nothing on CD by him (only vinyl).
View attachment 3199
View attachment 3198

All in all they cost me just shy of $12 a piece ($47.22 CDN including S+H)...I can live with that.

Hi John...did you ever post what your thoughts were of the Bach Cello suites? Just curious ;)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi John...did you ever post what your thoughts were of the Bach Cello suites? Just curious ;)

Hi Lloyd!

No I never did, but I'm glad you reminded me as I did promise. The review will probably be very short as I'm really quite new to Classical and don't know what I should be looking for as far commenting on aspects of the music.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Quite a few, the ones that come to my mind are:

David Gilmore - Live at Gdansk
Esperanza Spalding - Junjo
Esperanza Spalding - Radio
Dead Can Dance - A Passage in Time
Thrombone Mighty

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
http://thepillbugs.bandcamp.com/ in 24/96

Beatlesesque alt-pop, well worth it, and I doubt you'll hear much (if any) current pop/rock sound like this.

Wow, this band is great. I purchased this, but all I got was the same old 16/44 ALAC files, even though the link said they'd be 24/96... I've already written to the site, as I haven't received a receipt for the purchase...
Anyone else having trouble fetching the 24/96 files?

alexandre

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just bought two lovely albums from repeat artists for me:

Human Again (Deluxe Edition)
Ingrid Michaelson

I discovered Ingrid Michaelson on a Borders video event (local bookstore in US). Lovely music as always although she is maturing in her style from earlier albums.

Viktoria [Import]
Maria Mena

Maria was a discovery in this forum and a great one. Another young female artist here.

I have only listened to them in my car so no feedback on sound quality. But the music itself is highly recommended.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm pumped...big time pumped!

I just scored a deal for 2 of the original Billy Joel SACD's from Sony (which are OOP) for $100. A guy on the SH Forums was selling them, but reluctant to ship to Canada. It took a few emails to convince him, but I did.

The Stranger and 52nd Street...........sweet, sweet, sweet!

BL - The Stranger&#3.jpg
BJ - 52nd Street &#83.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This time on vinyl......Picked it up after work today and hope to give it a spin after dinner.

Billy Joel - The &#.JPG

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA

This is the new Friday Music release that just occured on 4/10. The first one that I got was badly warped. It's replacement arrived today. As I mentioned on another forum it does not set any standards as an audiophile quality pressing. Yes, I think it is better than any of the original versions that I have and it's better than the 90's CD, but it really lacks any true sense of slam and dynamic range. Bass extension is decent and voicing is very good, but there is a real lack of separation of instruments and the top end just does not really sparkle that well. In the end, I guess it's just limitations within the master itself. Well, it was worth a shot I guess.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
They finally arrived!

001..JPG

Absolutely MINTY condition. Not a single scratch on the discs. Score!:D

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, John. Will you please let me know what your observations are with regards to the sound quality on the BJ "The Stranger" SACD?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing