Whole Home Audio

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
I am endeavoring to setup a decent whole-home system. My primary system (MSB Select->Boulder 3010->Boulder 3060->Wilson Alexx) won't work in this home. The whole home has in-ceiling speakers and is currently run by Control4 amps. I am contemplating the Marantz separates (AV10/AMP10) to replace the Control4 stuff but the Trinnov (as well as StormAudio and Lyngdorf) is also interesting. I would appreciate any insights you might have from experience...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I am endeavoring to setup a decent whole-home system. My primary system (MSB Select->Boulder 3010->Boulder 3060->Wilson Alexx) won't work in this home. The whole home has in-ceiling speakers and is currently run by Control4 amps. I am contemplating the Marantz separates (AV10/AMP10) to replace the Control4 stuff but the Trinnov (as well as StormAudio and Lyngdorf) is also interesting. I would appreciate any insights you might have from experience...
hi PK,

hope all is well. for whole house seamless use I think you should visit the AVS Forum as that is where the control experts and high level users hang out. best to go to the High End sub forum there and poke around or ask questions. some here do know about it, but there are no discussions going on so hard to know who has a deep knowledge. and the whole home control subject changes so fast that the cutting edge for it needs those hard core guys to answer questions.

ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000.86

personally as of a few years ago the top level performance for Home Theater processors was Trinnov. but for whole home control and integration that is a separate category which i never looked deep into. Kalidescape is likely the best movie whole home source which I use but only in my dedicated home theater. never been looking for answers to your particular question. only observed others going down that road.

your 'use case' sounds very interesting.

best regards,

Mike

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
If you’re up for changing the in-ceiling speakers, the IC6’s on this page are about as good as you can get. They require the matching dedicated amps which have built in processing to precisely match with the speakers, and, to get the sort of sonics you’re looking for require subs too (there are nice in-room and in-wall subs in the same line):

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing