What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

Haven't heard this yet...it's a 1956 reissue in NM condition. Should be a good historical listen. I am cleaning the set as we speak.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 266
Unpleasant distorted electric guitar. Why pay big bucks to put together an audio system
to listen to distorted music?

Your discontent is not shared by me. I actually enjoy the album quite a bit and it's a wonderful pressing.

Unpleasant distorted electric guitar. Why pay big bucks to put together an audio system
to listen to distorted music?

Because it is their form of art - just like a Picasso compared to a Rembrandt.

There are guitarists who claim never to use a phaser or a wah-wah pedal. There are other guitarists who rely on the distortion of a particular headamp to deliver the sound that they want. I'm sorry you don't like the music.

Gary, I share your taste for that album. Great chops by that trio. Like I told you as the S.F. seminar, if I hear another person draw the line at live, unamplified blah, blah, blah, my head is going to explode. That vinyl would look great, framed, hanging on the wall.

Explanation and criticism accepted. Different strokes for different folks.

There are guitarists who claim never to use a phaser or a wah-wah pedal. There are other guitarists who rely on the distortion of a particular headamp to deliver the sound that they want. I'm sorry you don't like the music.

Gary, I share your taste for that album. Great chops by that trio. Like I told you as the S.F. seminar, if I hear another person draw the line at live, unamplified blah, blah, blah, my head is going to explode. That vinyl would look great, framed, hanging on the wall.

Ron, we share a great love of music, and I'm proud to call you friend.

Here's another album with lots of wonderful distortion - Dan Briggs on Bass with 7 pedals!

Trioscapes.jpg

+1.

Although I think most good players who know what sound they are looking for on any particular day know how to get it....and IF that means a wah or a phaser or ?? then that's what they use.OTOH, some know how to play the particular pedal a lot better than others:D.
Nowadays, I believe it may be more about playing the amp than anything else....at least it is for me.

New Smoke Fairies LP:

Smoke-Fairies_Promo-Cover_web.jpg

Black Keys "Turn Blue"

220px-Black_Keys_Turn_Blue_album_cover.png

Edit:

I'm on my second copy of the Smoke Fairies LP and it is a strong early contender for worst pressing of the year. Limited dynamics, noisy and warped; other than that a real winner. I guess I'll buy the CD.

Last edited:
Ron, we share a great love of music, and I'm proud to call you friend.

Here's another album with lots of wonderful distortion - Dan Briggs on Bass with 7 pedals!

View attachment 15932

Saw Trioscapes again the other night. Incendiary live band. New album coming in September. I discussed the upcoming vinyl with Dan Briggs. I emphasized LESS COMPRESSION. He understood so we'll see. Jaimie King, the engineer, has a good set of ears. I've worked with him a number of times in the past. He works with so many death metal bands that I think its just a matter of him thinking a bit outside the box.

New tunes are smokin'

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing