What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

Reactions: NorthStar

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

rando

Sep 22, 2019
This would appear to be one the fruits that silently grew during naïve's year or so incommunicado during the sale to their French distributor, Believe Group. It looked dire when Rinaldo Allesandrini set up a youtube channel that garnered less than a thousand views total in six months. Understatement would be saying I was only slightly relieved to see this and a Vivaldi Edition in the press release announcing a commencement of activity. Live performance of these works from arte.tv France is preserved on youtube.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Second disc from Ëvoe Music I've enjoyed in recent months. This selection garnered a bit more attention and awards than "The Heart of Europe."

Very nice Rando... many thanks for the recommendation, listening now and it’s a beautifully spirited performance. Just lovely.

Reactions: rando

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Chopin: Concerto No. 2, Andante Spianato et Grande Polonaise Brillante
Artur Rubinstein, Symphony of the Air, Alfred Wallenstein

Grand polonaise here is the full, with orchestra version
A beautiful choice accwai. Chopin with either Rubinstein or Moravec is just stellar... this is the epitome of grace and beauty. If anyone ever wants to know what wondrous flow in music is I’d suggest they have a listen to this... just so beautiful, it sings.

Last edited:

andolink

Jul 28, 2016

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
Reactions: rando and NorthStar

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
J. S. Bach: ’ Vereinigte Zwietracht der wechselnden Saiten’, BWV 207

andolink

Jul 28, 2016
A recording not to be missed by anyone with an appreciation for Baroque viole music - -

Antoine Forqueray: Pièces de viole avec la basse continuë Paris, 1747

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Albéric Magnard: String Quartet in E minor, Op. 16
Quatuor Elysée

I've run into the small problem of not owning a vast music collection containing, especially vinyl, albums the small active contingent in attendance on WBF bring attention to. Thus I receive more likes and commentary than capability to assess allows me to return. Not to say being armed with impeccable references is troublesome.

The four disc box containing your Magnard disc is not presently in my library. Artis Quartet recording of this work is. Following it was Bottesini's 1st and 2nd Double Bass Concertos; Gran duo concertante and Tchaikovsky's 'Variations on a Rococo Theme' from this Dynamic release.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
71c5gTgpixL._SS500_.jpg

I had enjoyed this CD for 30 years.

It sounds more intimate with headphones while Lansche 4.1 speaker driven by SET give more spooky presence out of plasma tweeter.

With Stax 009S driven Carbon amp using Dave and Mscaler as source, it sound very natural and musical with nuanced details.

With Sennheiser hd800s after eq out of Dave direct, it sound fresh with well 3 D positioning of piano sound on the back.

Recently I am immersed in testing headphones.

It is a lot of fun.

Thomas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing