Transparent Cables = lower volume

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
I wonder how many sales they would have if they comercialized not a "cable" that improves sound, but a "Box" (attached to cable) that improves sound....

Who would want to put yet another box in their system of a "mistery circuit" that enhances the sound of your system? or even more than one!

Say you have SUT conected to your Phono stage, then to your line stage, amplifier and speakers.... that is 4 mystery boxes!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I wonder how many sales they would have if they comercialized not a "cable" that improves sound, but a "Box" (attached to cable) that improves sound....

Who would want to put yet another box in their system of a "mistery circuit" that enhances the sound of your system? or even more than one!

Say you have SUT conected to your Phono stage, then to your line stage, amplifier and speakers.... that is 4 mystery boxes!

While MIT, Transparent and a few other networked cables aren't the only game in town, they are certainly among the best. There's gotta be a reason that so many respected high-end companies use cables from these companies.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
-- Strange; you are both writers for Positive Feedback, and I know a lot of pro audiophiles, audio writers/reviewers who use various other brands of cables. :b

Strange did you read post #43?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Bob. It's a big audio land out there, of course you are going to have some prefer other brands of cables. Please do not take any offense but I would hope by now that you know that synergy can play an important factor in playback reproduction and that may have some impact on what cable goes in a particular system. I'm not a pro reviewer and I do not work for any audio magazine, yet in my reference rig I use Transparent cables as well. It wasn't for business reasons. They are in there because the have earned the right to be there.

Tom

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
While MIT, Transparent and a few other networked cables aren't the only game in town, they are certainly among the best. There's gotta be a reason that so many respected high-end companies use cables from these companies.

Here's post #43 Myles, your post, which I read three or four times. ...And which I totally grasped.

Now, my own reply to your post was just that, no more no less; unless you read something else in it that I am not aware of. Perhaps you should also reread it, and only for what it says, not what you think it says. :b

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Here's post #43 Myles, your post, which I read three or four times. ...And which I totally grasped.

Now, my own reply to your post was just that, no more no less; unless you read something else in it that I am not aware of. Perhaps you should also reread it, and only for what it says, not what you think it says. :b

No the operative term is "aren't the only game in town." In fact, I use both networked and non-networked cables.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Distrotion is perceived as louder.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
"Love is blind, and lovers cannot see, The pretty follies that themselves commit"

Shakespeare.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- "What I can read are only words written on a piece of paper (or post)." - Bob (me) :b

* And I did read that Mit and Transparent, and few other cables of high pedigree
AREN'T the only game in town.
And that, I got that right from the very first read. ...Myles. :b

And my reply was 99% humoristic, but it seems that it did not strike the right chord somehow; not my fault if you read something else. ..And I thought that I made myself very clear with this: ;)
Sensitive audio people, we all are; you, I, them, and her.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing