The Initial Impact of the K22 & K41 On My Life

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
@KrellFan1
You don‘t need room measurements to use HQPlayer… ;)

HQplayer can be used in Roon as a player/zone, so interface is still Roon.
Sound of this „Solution“ in the Antipodes-dashboard is up to 9.

I use this also (and at the moment) for my favorite radio-Station „Radio Paradise“ and Qobuz-streaming.

But for intensive listening session I stop Roon and use HQPDcontroll as interface with the local files on the SDD within the K50.

The GUI of HQPDcontroll is simple - but as a complete album listener it works for me:
View attachment 121987

View attachment 121988

Maybe helpful is this Thread:
https://antipodes.support/t/hqplayer5-embedded/1533/17

atb, Tom
Thanks for the info Tom, and much appreciated! So I see from the Player dashboard I can select Roon/HQPlayer OR simply select standalone HQPlayer that will run the native app I see you've screenshotted in here? Do I have that right? As I recall there is fee is sorts they charge after "free trial." If it sounds THAT good would be happy to pay up but imagine no harm no foul to try it out if as simple as it seems? Don't know why I was left with the impression I needed room measurements but of course take you at your word! ;) And BTW, which sounds better to you? Roonw/HQPlayer or "HQPlayer(Auto)? And maybe it was DSP I was thinking required measurements ... Thanks again!

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Depending on your HQPlayer settings, this might not be an apples-to-apples comparison. HQPlayer is essentially a DSP engine. There is no pure passthrough that allows one to put it on equal footing to the other players that allow the DSP to be disabled.

When I set HQPlayer as close as possible to no processing, Squeeze still sounds significantly better to my ears.
I actually just selected HPQ (Auto) and was directed to a log in page. So, per my other post it does appear one has to have an account with HQPlayer. I will check I tout an possibly investigate it. Cheers!

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I did not notice when downloading the few files I bought from the Qopbiz store that I was presented with the option. Perhaps my bad that I overlooked but seems to be it is not presented upon placing into the cart.
The cool thing about the Qobuz download store is that you can download again.

Your Squeeze settings look correct.

Reactions: KrellFan1

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I actually just selected HPQ (Auto) and was directed to a log in page. So, per my other post it does appear one has to have an account with HQPlayer.
You can log in with admin/admin as username/password. Note that in trial mode, HQPlayer must be restarted every 30 minutes.

Reactions: Rexp and KrellFan1

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
The cool thing about the Qobuz download store is that you can download again.

Your Squeeze settings look correct.
Thx, and looked correct to me also, and yet... Went to Roon and sounds about the same - meaning downloaded file V Qobuz . Weird, right? While at Roon I played a 4424 bit file and sounded good...until I played the same form Squeeze. Substantial improvement to be sure.

Maybe I'll shoot Mark Cole an email and see what he may suggest. Ic a send him a full screenshot though really do not want trouble him during the holidays with a remote session. It can certainly wait. :) Best,

tom539

Dec 28, 2021
Thanks for the info Tom, and much appreciated! So I see from the Player dashboard I can select Roon/HQPlayer OR simply select standalone HQPlayer that will run the native app I see you've screenshotted in here? Do I have that right?
No - the HQPDcontrol is a stand alone APP, which has to be installed from APP-store.
As I recall there is fee is sorts they charge after "free trial." If it sounds THAT good would be happy to pay up but imagine no harm no foul to try it out if as simple as it seems?
As @kennyb123 already posted - you con try HQplayer as long as you want in Trial Mode with Admin/Admin - it „only“ has the be restartet every 30 min.

Here you can find „everything“ you need:
https://antipodes.support/t/anyone-else-out-there-using-hqplayer-through-roon/132/27

And BTW, which sounds better to you? Roonw/HQPlayer or "HQPlayer(Auto)? And maybe it was DSP I was thinking required measurements ... Thanks again!

see my post above:
„But you definitly should test the „HQPlayer“ - for me the sound raised to 9 for „HQ-Player with Roon-Server“ and Even to 10 for „HQ-Player (Auto)“ + disable Roon-Server + controll with „HQPDcontroll“-APP from iPAD.“

atb, Tom

Reactions: KrellFan1

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
No - the HQPDcontrol is a stand alone APP, which has to be installed from APP-store.

As @kennyb123 already posted - you con try HQplayer as long as you want in Trial Mode with Admin/Admin - it „only“ has the be restartet every 30 min.

Here you can find „everything“ you need:
https://antipodes.support/t/anyone-else-out-there-using-hqplayer-through-roon/132/27

see my post above:
„But you definitly should test the „HQPlayer“ - for me the sound raised to 9 for „HQ-Player with Roon-Server“ and Even to 10 for „HQ-Player (Auto)“ + disable Roon-Server + controll with „HQPDcontroll“-APP from iPAD.“

atb, Tom
Thx, Tom; will check it all out and revisit. Sorry but had a cardio procedure last week and still a bit foggy. I think the surgeon re-wired my brain to some degree. I'll start by downloading the app and all sb clear once that is done . ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing