My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I have not seen any comparasions with players like Taiko, Pink Faun etc. Anyone had chance to hear these brands?

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I haven't had the opportunity to hear the Pink Faun. Would love to as it seems like a sweet unit. I have heard the Taiko on a few occasions but not in my system.

Bogan88

Aug 11, 2020
Heard Taiko but different system and room so cannot comment.

But as I said from my first post, I've had my Masterpiece for a few years and haven't had any urge to upgrade/change.

It's absolutely a top tier server and the continual software upgrades from the company shows they take care of their customers. The power supply is a tour de force!

I still think at their price point you are getting a huge bang for your bucks. Which makes their lower models an even bigger bargain.

Highly recommended (still).

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Awesome, it must be really good then.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I listened to most of the top streamers. In the end, I felt that the Pachanko was right there. It had just a touch of warmth to it that ultimately made me decide on it.
nice to see you made a choice Patrick

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
I have to echo @Bogan88. Even as I listen to different units I have yet had the urge to switch to something else.

I have the Constellation Masterpiece with Diretta Target and Stellar LPS.
is Diretta an interface?

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
thanks. Saw that, but I'm a little thick. Is it software, hardware or both? Just curious.

Pachanko website doesn't seem to mention it. Perhaps I missed the info.

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
is Diretta an interface?
Diretta's solution involves close coordination between a Host and a Target, using predictive data transmission at consistent intervals to stabilize power consumption and enhance audio player performance. This process is akin to USB synchronization but with the Host controlling the pace, eliminating the need for complex buffer and flow control systems. This allows for isolated connections like fiber optics and simplifies processes compared to protocols like UPnP and AES67.
Diretta's primary focus is on optimizing sound quality while minimizing impact on analog components. This is achieved through processing averaging and power consumption stabilization - something existing protocols struggle to accomplish - and now through Diretta, there is a solution to this challenge.
Imagine an audio player as the Target ( e.g Soulnote Z-3, SPEC RM-UB1, Oliospec Canarino) - a device dedicated to delivering pristine sound quality - and a server as the Host ( e.g Pachanko Labs with Roon, Audirvana) - responsible for managing storage and data delivery - These two entities are conceived with contrasting philosophies, both designed with distinct principles.
In the case of the Target, the design ethos is one of elegant simplicity. Unnecessary complexity is stripped away, opting for a streamlined approach akin to specialized hardware processing, reminiscent of the efficiency found in Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). This deliberate simplification allows for seamless harmonization between the player and its supporting infrastructure.
By carefully calibrating the Host and Target to work in tandem, Diretta endeavors to strike a harmonious balance between high-performance audio reproduction and the minimization of digital intrusions.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Diretta's solution involves close coordination between a Host and a Target, using predictive data transmission at consistent intervals to stabilize power consumption and enhance audio player performance. This process is akin to USB synchronization but with the Host controlling the pace, eliminating the need for complex buffer and flow control systems. This allows for isolated connections like fiber optics and simplifies processes compared to protocols like UPnP and AES67.
Diretta's primary focus is on optimizing sound quality while minimizing impact on analog components. This is achieved through processing averaging and power consumption stabilization - something existing protocols struggle to accomplish - and now through Diretta, there is a solution to this challenge.
Imagine an audio player as the Target ( e.g Soulnote Z-3, SPEC RM-UB1, Oliospec Canarino) - a device dedicated to delivering pristine sound quality - and a server as the Host ( e.g Pachanko Labs with Roon, Audirvana) - responsible for managing storage and data delivery - These two entities are conceived with contrasting philosophies, both designed with distinct principles.
In the case of the Target, the design ethos is one of elegant simplicity. Unnecessary complexity is stripped away, opting for a streamlined approach akin to specialized hardware processing, reminiscent of the efficiency found in Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). This deliberate simplification allows for seamless harmonization between the player and its supporting infrastructure.
By carefully calibrating the Host and Target to work in tandem, Diretta endeavors to strike a harmonious balance between high-performance audio reproduction and the minimization of digital intrusions.
Thank you. Does the Diretta (hardware + software) do any oversampling or is that done only within the DAC?

sonner

Oct 1, 2022
New Hampshire
sonneraudio.com
I have not seen any comparasions with players like Taiko, Pink Faun etc. Anyone had chance to hear these brands?
Top 11 Best Sounding room in High End Munich 23 using Pachanko's entry level model (Mini SE) says it all. As a loudspeaker manufacturer, we have a free will to use any brands to show the best of our products. Very pleased with the performance and reliability of Pachanko server and will be using Pachanko's higher end model in High End Munich 2024. Action speaks louder than words.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I will be there.
Do you intend to demo with Roon or Audirvana?
Thx
Clearly this is a question for Sonner. But I have Roon, Roon w/HQPlayer, and Audirvana on my Masterpiece. It is pretty simple to switch back and forth between them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing