Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
agree. just common sense.

of course, my whole life has been the relatively large ticket retail business. so i live the dealer perspective even though i'm not in the hifi business.

lot's of customers who are a pleasure to do business with. and a few you just have to pass on.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
as someone that has been a dealer for a very very very long time I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Sadly today there is far more of the later which hurts the good guys out there are both levels. It may be a hobby for many but for a few its the way they pay their bills.
I too am a consumer and I personally don't shop for items I don't want or cant afford. I give respect and hope that I get it in return.
The whole going to one place and spending a lot of time and then calling around to save a few dollars and buying elsewhere is IMO just plain wrong. There are a lot of good dealers who want to earn your business and are willing to help and then there are those who's business is just stealing sales from the ones that did the work by selling for less and doing no work at all. My job as I see it to help make my clients systems make them happy and satisfied and produce great music in their homes. Price/dollars is not and should not be the deciding factor. I hear so many stories about people that bought expensive stuff all over the country and YET no dealer ever was in their home even when offered.
My last thought I ALWAYS do my research on Where to buy before I ever go to buy. We all have choices on where to spend our cash and I believe this is just as important as what you buy.
I want to buy from places that know more than me the other way round. I did a lot of research on what dealer I wanted to do business with BEFORE I bought my car. The few bucks difference was never important,
Best of luck out there , its Halloween and there could be some audio horror stories

Reactions: barryr1

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
It's somewhat ironic that the OP is posted by Elliot, a high end retailer, who cited a reference from the Vinyl Anachronist which mentioned another high end retailer, Doug White of "The Voice That Is", in Philly. I've known Doug for over 40 years and a finer gentleman you will not find in this business. As far as Elliot Goldman, well, I've known him for several decades as well and there's a story to tell about the ends that he will go to for his customers as I am currently discovering. (Happy to share those details in the near future). The point is, there are some awfully talented and wonderful retailers out there. Alex and Fabio at Alma Music and Scott Warren at Supra Hi-Fi are also on my short list of great dealers who I have purchased from. These guys should be supported!! Not everything good is on Ebay! Help put their kids through college!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing