Ron Resnick Launches Audio Cafe LLC, a New Clarisys Audio Dealer

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
Ron : On vocals do voices appear above the middle of the speakers , if so does the height vary on loudness ?
It certainly doesn’t for me. Vocals are not positioned the same for every recording and do not vary based on loudness.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Sorry, thought I saw a Danish mailing address but checked again.

Hegel Music Systems
PB26, Blindern, 0314 Oslo, Norway
info@hegel.com

Thanks for correction.
Yes, it's not Danish, please don't blame us Danes for Hegel or Electrocompaniet, we have enough audio crap we are guilty of ! ;)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Thanks for replying perhaps it’s a line source with individual drivers thing.
mine do this I’ve said it but some don’t comment lol.
I’ve heard Clarysis a few times very nice do have the apogee sound liked them every time.
Thanks for commenting

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Audiohertz2,
I don't know what size room you consider to be small, but my room is 17 X 25 X 8 and the Minuets are perfect for this room. I play Classic Rock music at large sound levels.
A bigger speaker would not only look out of place but is not necessary.

ozzy

The bigger speaker is not to play louder , but produce the same with lower THD , for better quality drive and balance ..

Regards

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I still contend that my Minuet sounds excellent in my room, and I am very happy with their size and performance. That being said with my ISO-Acoustic Titan footers which while still using the Minutes original footers they now are about 3.5" taller. This now puts the height from floor to speaker top to be 56". They are now among the tallest/largest speakers I have ever owned.

Those of you who have only heard the Clarisys speakers in a dealer's showroom or at an audio show should hear them in a home environment.

ozzy

Attachments

• Audio System 3-21-24.jpg
    Audio System 3-21-24.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
I still contend that my Minuet sounds excellent in my room, and I am very happy with their size and performance. That being said with my ISO-Acoustic Titan footers which while still using the Minutes original footers they now are about 3.5" taller. This now puts the height from floor to speaker top to be 56". They are now among the tallest/largest speakers I have ever owned.

Those of you who have only heard the Clarisys speakers in a dealer's showroom or at an audio show should hear them in a home environment.

ozzy
Great looking system Enjoy. I'm looking forward to hearing these speakers at Ron's, but I will get to hear the Auditoriums first!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Ozzy,

What do you find to be the sonic effect of the diffusers on the front wall behind the speakers?

Are the diffusers positioned to line up directly behind the speakers?

It looks like the speakers are not toed-in. If this is correct, why do you prefer no toe-in over some toe-in?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Ron,
I have now removed the diffusors. I think the soundstage is better with just the bare wall behind the speakers. BTW, the Minutes are about 5 feet from the front wall.
I think the speakers sound best with no toe-in. But I am sitting about 12 feet back from them.

ozzy

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron,
I have now removed the diffusors. I think the soundstage is better with just the bare wall behind the speakers. BTW, the Minutes are about 5 feet from the front wall.
I think the speakers sound best with no toe-in. But I am sitting about 12 back from them.

ozzy
Interesting. Thank you for this update!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Here is my Audio Café website:

If you'd like to meet in person and listen to music on Clarisys loudspeakers feel free to make an appointment, and let's do it!

We can play tape, vinyl and digital!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron,
I think the speakers sound best with no toe-in. But I am sitting about 12 feet back from them.

ozzy

Can you pull them further into the room? Eight or 9 feet in the room and then sit 8 feet from them?

I have mine about 6 1/2 feet into the room now.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Here is my Audio Café website:

If you'd like to meet in person and listen to music on Clarisys loudspeakers feel free to make an appointment, and let's do it!

We can play tape, vinyl and digital!

Very nice website, Ron! Both visuals and content. Well done!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Can you pull them further into the room? Eight or 9 feet in the room and then sit 8 feet from them?

I have mine about 6 1/2 feet into the room now.

Toggle signature
Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer
Ron,

Curious, what do you think I would gain from bringing them out into the room further? More depth, soundstage?

I ask this because to move them out more into the room would require jacking them up, removing the Gaia Titan footers and spiked feet, and then reattaching them.

ozzy

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing