The Desert Trip

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I started a thread in the music section several days ago regarding this concert but now that it is all booked it is indeed happening and IMO if you are a product of the 60's and 70's this will be the concert of all concerts. In fact virtually every hotel room in the Coachella Valley has been rented or the asking price is 3-4x a multiple of norm. I am told that each act is getting $6-7M for their performance and ticket prices are in the ozone. Tickets go on sale at 10:00 tomorrow and I am betting they will be sold out

The event takes place Oct 7-9 with the following performers

Friday Oct 7

The Rolling Stones
Bob Dylan

Saturday Oct 8

Paul McCartney
Neil Young

Sunday Oct 9

Roger Waters
The Who

Tickets are not cheap but this is a once in a lifetime venue

My fingers will be on the telephone tomorrow at 10:00

Any one else planning on attending

www.deserttrip.com

http://www.desertsun.com/story/mone...-spike-prices-sell-out-mega-concert/83898656/

Tickets available for 1 day or all 3 concerts

when we go to Coachella, renting a house (or condo) is preferable - check VRBO for that weekend, should be plenty of options.

I'm definitely a (musical) product of the '60's and '70's, but this holds no appeal for me at all. Maybe if it were 1969, or even 1979... I could detail my reasons if they aren't obvious. :p

I was a big fan of most of those artists "back in the day". But ... I would have zero interest in attending such a concert today. Why? I have learned that "going back" never, EVER works for me. Class reunions, visiting old neighborhoods, even reconnecting with best friends form my college days always falls far short of expectations. Certainly listening (on a musical playback system of any quality) to old favorites can bring back either fond or sometimes painful memories, but the excitement of what those groups represented 50 years ago has long since past for me. Given those shows have sold out pretty much says, apparently, that I am in the minority!!

I was a big fan of most of those artists "back in the day". But ... I would have zero interest in attending such a concert today. Why? I have learned that "going back" never, EVER works for me. Class reunions, visiting old neighborhoods, even reconnecting with best friends form my college days always falls far short of expectations. Certainly listening (on a musical playback system of any quality) to old favorites can bring back either fond or sometimes painful memories, but the excitement of what those groups represented 50 years ago has long since past for me. Given those shows have sold out pretty much says, apparently, that I am in the minority!!

Tickets went on sale at 1000. A second weekend was added almost immediately. I got on at 1008 and in spite of waiting in the queue for my turn both weekends were completely sold out.

Hi Steve,

I looked into it, too. Hadn't realized the second weekend was added...to no avail
. :eek:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing