Stillpoints Ultra 6 v's Critical Mass Systems Centre Stage 2

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I have used Marigo Mystery Feet for years.
Currently have some under my Rowland 925 amps, and also in combo with some EVP's under the REL sub.
But I have Center Stage footers under my EMM Labs DV2.

Attachments

• Footers.jpg
    Footers.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Marigo2.jpg
    Marigo2.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 18
  • MBL's.jpg
    MBL's.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 19

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Scot

The best way to know exactly what these do is for you to do an A-B-A test. Most people on ly do an A-B test. You should listen and then remove them from your system and listen to the same music once again and that will be evidence enough. I always have done an A-B-A test with mine
Is there a way to use the Center Stage 2M footer with a component that has integral spikes, e.g., by replacing the metal shim with a spike cup of the same diameter perhaps? It would be interesting to try with my Pathos TT but it has four integral spiked pillars - one in each corner.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is there a way to use the Center Stage 2M footer with a component that has integral spikes, e.g., by replacing the metal shim with a spike cup of the same diameter perhaps? It would be interesting to try with my Pathos TT but it has four integral spiked pillars - one in each corner.
Center Stage is designed as a stand alone. In fact Joe always comments that all other tweaks should be removed when using Center Stage.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
From my reading, [I think] Joe would recommend you put the Center Stage 2M directly under the chassis. Would that be possible here? What is the distance between the underside of the chassis and the bottom of the integrated feet?

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
From my reading, [I think] Joe would recommend you put the Center Stage 2M directly under the chassis. Would that be possible here? What is the distance between the underside of the chassis and the bottom of the integrated feet?
No - that would not be possible. The chassis bottom plate is not designed to bear the (90 lb.) weight of the amp - it is basically just a cover. The weight is borne by the four spiked pillars in the corners and the rectangular steel frame they are attached to. This frame forms the very strong sides of the amp, but the design is such that the amp contacts the surface below it only at the points of the corner pillar spike points.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hmmm...difficult.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Probably always going to be limited to a spike cup type footer for that amp.
You could place it on an HRS M3X shelf...their latest equivalent to Ultra 6 or Center Stage is the called the Vortex and is spiked and designed to go straight onto the shelf which is multiple layers with the top one being granite.

Steve Williams

No - that would not be possible. The chassis bottom plate is not designed to bear the (90 lb.) weight of the amp - it is basically just a cover. The weight is borne by the four spiked pillars in the corners and the rectangular steel frame they are attached to. This frame forms the very strong sides of the amp, but the design is such that the amp contacts the surface below it only at the points of the corner pillar spike points.
Agreed. Two options
1. Remove the spikes and place CS under each of these 4 area
1. Same as number one but use an OEM adapter for CS --->Amp

Steve Williams

You could place it on an HRS M3X shelf...their latest equivalent to Ultra 6 or Center Stage is the called the Vortex and is spiked and designed to go straight onto the shelf which is multiple layers with the top one being granite.
HRS is a different technology and I doubt Joe would advise that ( same as him saying remove all other tweaks)

Steve Williams

HRS is a different technology and I doubt Joe would advise that ( same as him saying remove all other tweaks)
My entire front and rear end system components are sitting on CS feet and those feet are ALL sitting on Joe's CMS platforms. So virtually identical technology. Platforms are based around First Law of Thermodynamics and Footers are based around Second Law of Thermodynamics. There is a lot of science in Joe's technology IMHO but I am biased as I represent the product

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Actually, I meant if Cellcbern is not thinking Center Stage any longer, and was thinking only spike/cups, then I suggested he could consider placing the existing built-in spikes on an isolation shelf...hence HRS M3X.

Yes, I think Center Stage is meant to interact directly (and only it seems) with the equipment. In some respects very similar to SRA which is the ONLY isolation I have found that does NOT work well with anything else (ie, no mass damping or anything else). SRA is designed for each piece of equipment. Not sure how, but based on my experience, could believe it...

Reactions: Steve Williams

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Actually, I meant if Cellcbern is not thinking Center Stage any longer, and was thinking only spike/cups, then I suggested he could consider placing the existing built-in spikes on an isolation shelf...hence HRS M3X.

Yes, I think Center Stage is meant to interact directly (and only it seems) with the equipment. In some respects very similar to SRA which is the ONLY isolation I have found that does NOT work well with anything else (ie, no mass damping or anything else). SRA is designed for each piece of equipment. Not sure how, but based on my experience, could believe it...
Thanks again for the suggestions. Center Stage C2 clearly won't work on the amp. If they worked I might have tried them to see how they compared with the Marigo Mystery Feet. The Marigo Mystery Feet are top tier among isolation devices so I am good with them. On top of my DIY Corian/polymer/Corain isolation platform I am in good shape. HRS M3X is something to think about for future replacement of my DIY platform.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Meanwhile the Wellfloat Babel has just "demoted" everything CMS, HRS, SRA, Dalby, Arya, Stillpoints,etc. to the 2nd tier. See separate post.

"......Wellfloat claims it can annihilate mechanical vibrations at the molecular level measured by nanometer (the size of a molecule is 10 to the power of 8 divided by 1, which is about 10 nanometers).....".

Would that make it "Quantum" Resonance Control?

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Meanwhile the Wellfloat Babel has just demoted everything CMS, HRS, SRA, Dalby, Arya, Stillpoints,etc. to the 2nd tier. See separate post.

"......Wellfloat claims it can annihilate mechanical vibrations at the molecular level measured by nanometer (the size of a molecule is 10 to the power of 8 divided by 1, which is about 10 nanometers).....".

Would that make it "Quantum" Resonance Control?
not this.....

1659394718039.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing