Steve Jobs would fire swaths of people at Apple if he were still around

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Elon Musk reminds me of Steve Jobs.

It's interesting the history of smart phones...iPhones and Androids.
From best in class they went from $500 to five times more today.

From a different perspective: Today (right now) you can buy a 65" Class LG OLED 4K UHD HDR10 HLG Dolby Vision Smart TV for $1,924.89 (more than $600 less expensive than the Huawei Mate X cell phone).

Oppo, Cambridge and Samsung all stopped making Blu-ray players (4K included).
They go cell phones (except Cambridge which is basically a replica of Oppo).
And Samsung is also going 8K ... QLED, and MicroLED.

But cell phones (5G) is the big wave ($$$).
So, Apple needs to stay competitive, to make no mistake (flaw), no bending iPad (funny one), and everyone is going for the throat...Samsung, Huawei, Sony Erickson, Nokia, Oppo, ...

5G no kidding, USA is very serious about China and Huawei.
Apple, where do they fit today on the world's scene?
Steve Jobs is long gone, Elon Musk why is he not invested in 5G?
China is coming ...

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Android is a mess, same as Windows is a mess. MacOS is still an oasis, and so's iOS.

I replace Macs every 2 years and a phone ever year. Apple actually makes it easy for you to do so, with financing and special upgrade programs. Try that with a $1600 Samsung.

I run Linux primarily. It makes both companies look like pathetic creatons from the 90's.

Perhaps we'll see an open source type phone with good hardware at some point?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I haven’t been satisfied with apple products since Tim Cook’s takeover, I’m seriously considering a move to Samsung for the reasons you mentioned and a few more of my own. What I don’t care for mostly is the way they push you to upgrade with draining batteries and crashing software. Mac OS of their desktops has also taken a nose dive IMO, packed with useless features that become more complicated to work around with every upgrade.

david

this.

iOS is so bloated, Android seems much simpler and faster now. the last MacOS i was forced to download slowed my Mac Mini substantially for no good reason.

my next Mini will be wintel-based. with Roon/Tidal on a dedicated server, I have no use for this crap anymore. Also, Office for Mac continuously sucks so its not a great work computer.

finally, nobody uses Maps, Music, Mail, Safari, or any other dedicated Mac program. they all suck.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Batteries...how long they last between iPhones and Androids, iPads versus tablets?
Can you go a full day with an iPhone? Apple had a story not many moons ago about diminishing the battery life in their iPhones...is that legal, in line with the rules of the land and the laws of ethics?
Is Apple playing fair with their loyal customers. ...Fair and square game.
Can you expand their iPad memory like you can with tablets?
Do you have to buy another iPhone to get you where you need to go?

I love Apple, they know exactly what your needs are.
This year they lowered their prices...good time to buy.
Or is it?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
this.

iOS is so bloated, Android seems much simpler and faster now. the last MacOS i was forced to download slowed my Mac Mini substantially for no good reason.

my next Mini will be wintel-based. with Roon/Tidal on a dedicated server, I have no use for this crap anymore. Also, Office for Mac continuously sucks so its not a great work computer.

finally, nobody uses Maps, Music, Mail, Safari, or any other dedicated Mac program. they all suck.

I do use Maps, Mail and Safari, and love them. I have mail going back to 2004, and I can access it pretty quickly. Fabio uses Outlook, and is always bitching about it. Blaming Apple for Microsoft's incompetence doesn't make sense to me. Apple's own apps are clean and work. Not every one is a winner, though, and some take longer to mature, like Maps.

Good luck with Windows and Android. As good as Steve Jobs was, what drove Apple's success was people's discontent with Windows, and the nascent Android ecosystem, that was just a mess then as it is today.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Batteries...how long they last between iPhones and Androids, iPads versus tablets?
Can you go a full day with an iPhone? Apple had a story not many moons ago about diminishing the battery life in their iPhones...is that legal, in line with the rules of the land and the laws of ethics?
Is Apple playing fair with their loyal customers. ...Fair and square game.

My iPhone XS Max lasts 2 days, sometimes more, without recharging, with maybe just a quick 10 minute charge on the car when I'm driving somewhere. No issues there.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I hate the default software on the iPhones. I don't use any of it, ever. Now if they made it really good? Steve Jobs would have made it good so you wouldn't be mad for long about default.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Sadly Steve Jobs did support a lot of things mentioned here. Food for thought. What drives me nuts is I want to be an Apple enthusiast in many ways, but they make it very difficult.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
You need a big cancerous piece of shit hanging off the phone. Steven Jobs would have fired the first person to suggest that. It's the most regressive moronic, anti-apple thing to exist in modern times. The iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR will go down as a boil on Apple's face, remembered as lémons.

+1 +1 +1......

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Apple!! (&$@(&$ You make it basically impossible to love you, no matter how much you want to...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing