Stereophile reviews the JBL 4367, finally

RidingBean72

Sep 2, 2020
These have been my main speakers since 2016, so I've been waiting for this review for awhile now. I am curios as to why do a review now, but better late than never.
Very cool, thanks for sharing that. Congrats on having them in your system too. Another JBL speaker I wish stereophile would review are the DD67000's. There is a bit out there on them, but nothing from the big reviewers. I don't know when I will get new speakers, but I am definitely going to get horns next. Hopefully some JBL's.

Yeti

Dec 25, 2020
France
The last sentence is a little off putting.
“As much as I admired all that the JBLs offer for the head, I wished they offered more for the heart.”
Do you recognise this?

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
The last sentence is a little off putting.
“As much as I admired all that the JBLs offer for the head, I wished they offered more for the heart.”
Do you recognise this?
That statement seems kinda abstract to me, however I'm assuming he is saying the 4367 is somewhat analytical and he prefers a warmer sound. I prefer a neutral sound myself, with that 15" woofer if the source music has bass at least down to a solid 40hz they will reproduce it. I don't care for a speaker imparting its own signature sound on every recording, having just comeback from AXPONA I will say those ceramic/diamond drivers really sound more correct in the mid's and especially high's, than any other driver I have heard. At least if done right, too bad they are so dang expensive.

Reactions: bazelio

Skanda

May 2, 2020
Very cool, thanks for sharing that. Congrats on having them in your system too. Another JBL speaker I wish stereophile would review are the DD67000's. There is a bit out there on them, but nothing from the big reviewers. I don't know when I will get new speakers, but I am definitely going to get horns next. Hopefully some JBL's.
im thinking of ordering dd67000 for my new listening space. it's a big room and with the music i enjoy it could fit the bill. i heard them at the harmon store in nyc before they closed - it wasn't optimate conditions. the k2 was in a dedicated listening room. i enjoyed both. i'm thinking a devialet 1000pro (being roon ready) will save me on some cables and outlets in this second system and should be able to control the woofers with ease. i really want to learn more about these speakers but looks like the only way to do that will be to bite the bullet. one thing putting me at ease with that decision is that harmon spends a lot on r&d and so while jbl everest arent magico etc they won't be poorly engineered that's for sure

RidingBean72

Sep 2, 2020
im thinking of ordering dd67000 for my new listening space. it's a big room and with the music i enjoy it could fit the bill. i heard them at the harmon store in nyc before they closed - it wasn't optimate conditions. the k2 was in a dedicated listening room. i enjoyed both. i'm thinking a devialet 1000pro (being roon ready) will save me on some cables and outlets in this second system and should be able to control the woofers with ease. i really want to learn more about these speakers but looks like the only way to do that will be to bite the bullet. one thing putting me at ease with that decision is that harmon spends a lot on r&d and so while jbl everest arent magico etc they won't be poorly engineered that's for sure
Wow, that is fantastic Skanda. Please let us know if you do decide to get them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing