VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
It

Congratulations! Can we know who was the shipping company? I am considering sending my spare panels of SoundLab for Mylar replacement to US soon, if they are good to Martin Logan's they should be good for SoundLab's!
The shipping agent was the guy ddk uses, David gracefully helped me and ended up paying my shipping trough his account. He has not received advanced payment from me, " you just pay when i get my invoice " he said ! His help was, as always, unbelievable ! :)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Congratulations on the crates arriving safely Milan. DDK sure has the right shipping connections. That is wonderful. Now I just hope that the speakers meet your expectations based on my visual inspection.
They are immaculate Peter !:) Had a little scare after assembly, when only the right electrostatic panel was working :eek:but i found a loose connection in the power supply board the next day, and they work perfectly now !

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
They are immaculate Peter !:) Had a little scare after assembly, when only the right electrostatic panel was working :eek:but i found a loose connection in power supply board the next day, and they work perfectly now !

That’s great news. What a great find, stored safely for all those years with very little use on them. I’ve never heard these speakers but apparently they are legendary.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
That’s great news. What a great find, stored safely for all those years with very little use on them. I’ve never heard these speakers but apparently they are legendary.
They are large, play very deep bass notes and take some time to adjust/integrate into my listening room, but i already hear words and sounds that i have not heard before on very familiar albums, lyrics are surprisingly understandable. David also tells me, that after long storage/transportation, they will need time to settle. :)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
They are large, play very deep bass notes and take some time to adjust/integrate into my listening room, but i already hear words and sounds that i have not heard before on very familiar albums, lyrics are surprisingly understandable. David also tells me, that after long storage/transportation, they will need time to settle. :)

I am not surprised by David’s comment. My 60+ year old speakers took six months to get to their final sound and my similarly aged NOS cartridge is just now starting to open up after over 100 hours over four months. Speaker cabinets need to settle and moving parts need to move.

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Any chance yet to take a few pics of this legendary Speaker?

Reactions: trekpilot

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Any chance yet to take a few pics of this legendary Speaker?
My listening room is a mess, the crossover sections in speaker base and active crossover are open, and the grill covers on the mid bass towers have not been applied. But Van Morrison "Live in San Francisco " is sounding wonderful right now , on a Oppo, left on repeat for 10 hours while i was out of the house.:p Before and after ! Better pictures will follow. F8252595-41E6-43BA-B95D-4B40A96FEF2F.jpeg 9DF04DA0-D7CF-44DD-B32B-D92681F433CB.jpeg 16CF4614-FF3A-408E-82B7-65648AB55DC6.jpeg AD194B78-C4CA-4CA0-BBB7-2532F8D0E273.jpeg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

I have reported before my experience with Soundlab's - new panels take a couple of weeks to reach optimum sound quality when being on continuous play or burn-in with with the Purity Audio CD enhancer. Does the E2 have any kind of auto switch off of HV bias after some time not playing?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I have reported before my experience with Soundlab's - new panels take a couple of weeks to reach optimum sound quality when being on continuous play or burn-in with with the Purity Audio CD enhancer. Does the E2 have any kind of auto switch off of HV bias after some time not playing?
Not that i know of Francisco.:oops:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am so happy for you, Milan! Congratulations!

Having begun using Martin-Logans in 1990 and using them continuously since until the present, for my entire life the Statement E2 was always my dream speaker!

I really wish you were open to high-power tubes on those panels!

Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I am so happy for you, Milan! Congratulations!

Having begun using Martin-Logans in 1990 and using them continuously since until the present, for my entire life the Statement E2 was always my dream speaker!

I really wish you were open to high-power tubes on those panels!
Thank you Ron ! :) Big MBL amps sound just like high output SET !;)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Loving the epic move Milan! How will you fit them in your Christmas stocking :eek:

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My listening room is a mess, the crossover sections in speaker base and active crossover are open, and the grill covers on the mid bass towers have not been applied. But Van Morrison "Live in San Francisco " is sounding wonderful right now , on a Oppo, left on repeat for 10 hours while i was out of the house.:p Before and after ! Better pictures will follow. View attachment 101761 View attachment 101762 View attachment 101763 View attachment 101764
Wow! 8ft ceilings? They are a snug fit… glad they’re up and operational. Now for the fun with adjustments and tuning the room. So jealous, but happy for you!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Loving the epic move Milan! How will you fit them in your Christmas stocking :eek:

first, you never know whom Lagonda wants in stockings for Xmas. Any bets he tries to fit himself into one?

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
first, you never know whom Lagonda wants in stockings for Xmas. Any bets he tries to fit himself into one?
Well the room is thankfully very dark and Milan is having Florida flashbacks :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: ddk and Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing