Statement e2 has come available…

AZWink, thank you for posting about these speakers, i would never have stumbled upon them on Craigslist by myself ! :) Being a somewhat skeptical individual residing in Europe, i asked PeterA of the Boston audio chapter of WBF if he was in a reasonable distance to the seller. He was not, but gracefully offered to drive for over an hour to inspect them visually for me. He brought our own MadFloyd with him. They confirmed that the speakers where as described and took pictures. Thank you again Peter and Ian, i am very grateful ! :) The speakers are now mine, and with the assistance of my helpful friend ddk and his shipping connections on the way to Denmark. Thank you David you always come trough !:)
Lagonda, you are very welcome. Congratulations!! They were my dream speaker when they were released. I ended up with their little brother, Prodigy. When I saw these come available I knew I wasn’t in the position to jump on them, unfortunately. However, I wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate them for what they are, an elite class electrostatic hybrid.
Please share your journey with these magnificent speakers…
Dan

Lagonda, you are very welcome. Congratulations!! They were my dream speaker when they were released. I ended up with their little brother, Prodigy. When I saw these come available I knew I wasn’t in the position to jump on them, unfortunately. However, I wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate them for what they are, an elite class electrostatic hybrid.
Please share your journey with these magnificent speakers…
Dan
Thank you Dan ! I will share my experience when they get here, how they compare to my positive memories from when i owned them 20 years ago. :)

Reactions: AZWink
AZWink, thank you for posting about these speakers, i would never have stumbled upon them on Craigslist by myself ! :) Being a somewhat skeptical individual residing in Europe, i asked PeterA of the Boston audio chapter of WBF if he was in a reasonable distance to the seller. He was not, but gracefully offered to drive for over an hour to inspect them visually for me. He brought our own MadFloyd with him. They confirmed that the speakers where as described and took pictures. Thank you again Peter and Ian, i am very grateful ! :) The speakers are now mine, and with the assistance of my helpful friend ddk and his shipping connections on the way to Denmark. Thank you David you always come trough !:)

Awesome. See you later the coming year. Always wanted to hear these. We can recreate those pictures you posted a while ago

Great to hear Milan… that is awesome! Very kind of Peter and Ian to check them out for you and David to help out with the transit to you… altogether very cool. Look forwards to hearing about the joy of a end of year big box unwrapping!

Reactions: Lagonda
Oh! Nice one Lagonda.
Looks like you've gone full circle... The ML Statements Evo-II's are one of a kind, nothing else can quite do it, as you are well aware of.

I'm heading out to my good mates place again early Feb and then again in July. This is solely to audition the top of the line CJ ART amplifiers he's now using on the CLX's and Alsyvox Botichelli-X system. If I'm correct, the Dag Relentless amps are gone to another dealer, along with the Maggie's 30.7's. Also, the CJ ART300's that he was using on the Statements have been passed on yo that same dealer. He still has the old Infinity IRSV's though. I guess that's more of a sentimental piece than anything else.

He still has the Momentum preamp but I think apart from CJ's newest ART amplifiers (Art88 & ART108A's), he's just taken delivery of the VAC Statement amplifiers and plans to use those on the ML stats instead. I may have gotten it mixed up as usual... simply because quite a lot of gear passes through this place each year or so, so it's hard to keep track. Only when I get there, I'll know.

Each time I do visit, after listening to the Statements Evo-II's, it's always an awe-inspiring experience! From what he says about the drivers though, they were all modded to the aluminium cone type. He found them to be superior to the original, in terms of speed and agility plus rigidness. Basically, ML uses these aluminium drivers in all their newest speakers, both hybrid- stats and subs. Whereas the stat panels are concerned, he's received very good support from ML direct, and they have the parts provided you're willing to engage in their service.

After all, these are Statements Evo-II's! Not Neoliths... something that was the hallmark of ML design at its finest!
So not to worry matey, you're in good hands! It's just a matter of careful handling and keeping a close eye on things.

Cheers, and enjoy those very fine tunes!
This deserves a mighty WOOF!!!
RJ

Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda
Oh! Nice one Lagonda.
Looks like you've gone full circle... The ML Statements Evo-II's are one of a kind, nothing else can quite do it, as you are well aware of.

I'm heading out to my good mates place again early Feb and then again in July. This is solely to audition the top of the line CJ ART amplifiers he's now using on the CLX's and Alsyvox Botichelli-X system. If I'm correct, the Dag Relentless amps are gone to another dealer, along with the Maggie's 30.7's. Also, the CJ ART300's that he was using on the Statements have been passed on yo that same dealer. He still has the old Infinity IRSV's though. I guess that's more of a sentimental piece than anything else.

He still has the Momentum preamp but I think apart from CJ's newest ART amplifiers (Art88 & ART108A's), he's just taken delivery of the VAC Statement amplifiers and plans to use those on the ML stats instead. I may have gotten it mixed up as usual... simply because quite a lot of gear passes through this place each year or so, so it's hard to keep track. Only when I get there, I'll know.

Each time I do visit, after listening to the Statements Evo-II's, it's always an awe-inspiring experience! From what he says about the drivers though, they were all modded to the aluminium cone type. He found them to be superior to the original, in terms of speed and agility plus rigidness. Basically, ML uses these aluminium drivers in all their newest speakers, both hybrid- stats and subs. Whereas the stat panels are concerned, he's received very good support from ML direct, and they have the parts provided you're willing to engage in their service.

After all, these are Statements Evo-II's! Not Neoliths... something that was the hallmark of ML design at its finest!
So not to worry matey, you're in good hands! It's just a matter of careful handling and keeping a close eye on things.

Cheers, and enjoy those very fine tunes!
This deserves a mighty WOOF!!!
RJ
Thank you Big Dog ! I am looking forward to using my big MBL amps with the Statements, last time around i was using big Krell's, the MBL's are in a whole different league, hopefully there is a synergy.:)
Changing to metal cones is not in the cards, i really like the sound of paper cones in this system. Hopefully it is the latest model Statement as they have a more transparent crossover and the latest X- stator technology, i also like the high gloss finish of the "Loganite TM" used with the latest models.

Yes, agree on Synergy 110% Lagonda.
That's so important, it's not even funny. It's not given enough consideration and that's one of the biggest reasons that I've not changed any gear for a while now, other than added the BF210 sub.
Change one piece of gear, and the whole synergy goes out of whack! Then before you know it, you're changing gear again and the vicious cycle continues...

Hopefully the MBL amplifiers should be a fine combination, is the preamp also MBL or did I miss that...

I remember initially listening to the original Statements, that was certainly fantastic!
The lighter and stiffer material on the cones, adds a certain degree of speed that identifies as a more seamless integration between stat and cone drivers... at least that's what I experienced. Nonetheless, this mod was only done due to the drivers perishing over time in high humidity climate, typical in Sth East Asia.

Pretty much the same thing happened to my Apogee Diva's, Quads ESL 63's, and nearly every Maggie model I owned, including the CLSIIz's. That tropical paradise kills panels, nothing lasted more than 2 - 3 years. Whereas down unda, in Melbourne it's mostly hot and dry, nothing really tropical, other than a few floods... and the hifi gear lasts much longer! So no issues on anything perishing other than our precious hearing! Must do a wax out!

When it's all set up and firing away... do send us the updates please. Like I said, one of a kind legendary stats!
Cheers, RJ

It was my pleasure Milan. Those are 13 big wooden crates. It was a fun morning and I had a chance to grab some lunch with Ian afterwards. I hope they arrive safely and I look forward to hearing how they sound and what they look like all set up in your system.

It was my pleasure Milan. Those are 13 big wooden crates. It was a fun morning and I had a chance to grab some lunch with Ian afterwards. I hope they arrive safely and I look forward to hearing how they sound and what they look like all set up in your system.
Thank you again Peter ! I will post my first thread when they arrive. I will be very careful with the title, not use dangerous words like "natural " ! :eek:

Wow...big news! Literally! Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Tried to move them with one of my friends, we had to give up and recruit a young strong person to help us.:rolleyes:

I will start a new thread after i get done with the installation !:)

Tried to move them with one of my friends, we had to give up and recruit a young strong person to help us.:rolleyes:

so I assume the guy who helped was not an audiophile?

Jeez -- very serious.

Congratulations- let us know how you make out. Evidently, there is (was) a pair available a few miles down the highway from me.

Jeez -- very serious.

Congratulations- let us know how you make out. Evidently, there is (was) a pair available a few miles down the highway from me.
The pair in Ontario that someone mentioned is not for sale, the owner is a audio equipment producer that posted about them on facebook. The pair that where on Audiogon, sold a while ago. :)

Reactions: Kcin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu