Seismion Reactio Plus

TLi

May 27, 2016
Last year, I reported on a new active isolation platform called Seismion Reactio. The performance was very impressive and the price was much cheaper than competitors. Recently Seismion announced an upgraded model called Reactio Plus. It claimed to have three times the isolation ability compared with previous model. I immediately ordered two Reactio Plus.

The two isolators arrived today. They were quickly unpacked and installed. First I compared it with Accurion i4 under my preamp. The difference was very obvious. Reactio Plus clearly has much better isolation than Accurion. The real challenge comes with direct comparison between Reactio Plus and Reactio. There was audible improvement with Reactio Plus. The image is sharper, bass is tighter and music is more real. In simple term, better isolation is better sound.

The two Reactio Plus were placed under my preamp (Kondo G1000i) and phonostage (CH Precision P10), the performance was much enhanced. I am very happy. IMG_3646.JPG IMG_3647.JPG IMG_3648.JPG IMG_3651.JPG

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Congratulations @TLi. Happy for you!

I have four Seismion Reactio in my system and love them.
I would love to see them make the Thorens reference platform available as a standalone product. I understand the Plus has some of that tech, but not self-leveling, as an example.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Congratulations @TLi. Happy for you!

I have four Seismion Reactio in my system and love them.
I would love to see them make the Thorens reference platform available as a standalone product. I understand the Plus has some of that tech, but not self-leveling, as an example.
Reactio Plus needs to set the vertical height of four feet to correspond to load. It can be used from 0 to 120 kg which is a large range. There are three springs inside. User has to adjust the tension by turning four screws at the bottom. When correctly set, the platform will float with the loading. There are detailed instructions on how it is done and all the necessary accessories, such as height gauge and Allen key. At first, it seems a little troublesome but you once you figure out how it is done. It is pretty simple.

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
Must one request pricing? I don't find info from site/search. Thanks for your report @TLi
In the USA and Canada the pricing is:

1701699449488.png

This includes shipping and brokerage within Canada and lower 48 US states.
Local taxes if levied are extra.

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
Must one request pricing? I don't find info from site/search. Thanks for your report @TLi
Hello Markus,

Europe is served directly by Seismion (for now). The prices are
Reactio (standard):
500x400 mm: 4.800 Euro
600x500 mm: 5.600 Euro

Reactio plus
500x400 mm: 6.400 Euro
600x500 mm: 7.345 Euro

Prices excluding VAT and excluding packaging (50 Euro for 500x500 mm and 60 Euro for 600x500 mm).

Other markets without distribution partner are also covered by us directly, and additional shipping costs would be added.

Greetings,
Marcus

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
We just installed the Seismion Reactio 543 in the smaller system and the Reactio 653 in the larger system. Switching from the standard 541 and 651 to the new PLUS units. It takes a bit to adjust the platform but fairly simple. The use of the gauge to determine height is very useful. I've attached a couple of pictures of the underside of the plus unit and the gauge being applied. It is best to adjust the unit to zero load then add load to each corner first. One revolution of the hex bolt in each corner is approximately 8.5kg (19 lbs) of load. Also moving of the component will change the corner loading. Ideally you want the centroid of the equipment in the middle however you can adjust where that is not possible from beneath.

I wanted to further expand on the gauge. Addition pictures show the gauge. You can see the bottom the gauge has three steps. The ideal set up is when the bottom of the 543 or 653 lands on the middle step. That means the gauge does not come into contact with the face of the Seismion. If it does then the gauge is on the top step. You would increase the isolation then. if you land on the bottom step or it will not go on you need to decrease the isolation.

You can tell the standard version from the plus version of the Reactio by the colour of the light on the front. Standard versions are green the new Plus version is yellow when operational.

A bit of a plug for Trevor at Massif Audio Design for his amazing Mpingo record weight and Bubinga Rack!

Attachments

• IMG_5763 2.jpeg
    IMG_5763 2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    876.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5814.jpeg
    IMG_5814.jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5816.jpeg
    IMG_5816.jpeg
    822.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5825.jpeg
    IMG_5825.jpeg
    920.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5826.jpeg
    IMG_5826.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5828.jpeg
    IMG_5828.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5829.jpeg
    IMG_5829.jpeg
    616.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5830.jpeg
    IMG_5830.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
6400 EURO = $7000 USD
8625 USD from Canada, even with shipping seems like a big reach...

Actually the 543 is now $10,995 USD on sonic artistry Canadian site.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MarkusBarkus

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
6400 EURO = $7000 USD
8625 USD from Canada, even with shipping seems like a big reach...

Actually the 543 is now $10,995 USD on sonic artistry Canadian site.....
Sorry, the information on the site was not updated. The pricing I have shown above is correct. It has been corrected on the site. Initially the numbers for the plus units are supposed to be double that of the standard units. There were also supposed to be two models in each size 0 to 40 kg and 40kg to 80 kg. It is now only one model in the plus range for each size at 0 to 120 kg. The 543 remains at $8,625 USD.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Consider the cost as a % of your total system cost, and that you will keep the Seismion forever, while updating other components, it should be easier to justify.
Recently I forgot to turn on the Seismion under my DarTZeel 18NS pre-amp. I was playing the vinyl album below and thought it sounded great (with the Seismion Off). When I got up to flip it over, I turned it on, and couldn’t believe the difference. Localization, clarity, and solidity of her voice and the instruments around her improved significantly… once you hear it, it’s something you must have. I encourage everyone to hear what these bases can do — or don’t if you don’t want to spend the money!

Attachments

• IMG_6617.jpeg
    IMG_6617.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
Consider the cost as % of your total system cost, and that you will keep the Seismion forever, while updating other components, it should be easier to justify.
Recently I forgot to turn on the Seismion under my DarTZeel 18NS pre-amp. I was playing the vinyl album and thought it sounded great (with the Seismion Off). When I got up to flip it over, I turned it on, and couldn’t believe the difference. Localization, clarity, and solidity of her voice and the instruments around her improved significantly… once you hear it, it’s something you must have. I encourage everyone to hear what these bases can do — or don’t if you don’t want to spend the money!
HAHAHAHAHA! Been there with it. Even with the Seismion off it provides a good level of isolation and will still sound great. As soon as it clicks on for the re-listen you hear what you were missing.....

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
It is now only one model in the plus range for each size at 0 to 120 kg
A mistake on my part, the rating of the 543 and 653 PLUS units is actually 0 to 100kg (about 220 lbs).

TLi

May 27, 2016
Everything in my system is supported by Seismion Reactio and Reactio Plus. I can't be happier. It is kind of addictive, once you experienced the enhancement, you keep adding more isolators to the system.

I use Reactio Plus for the main units and Reactio for the power supplies. The sound is amazing. There is no going back. Today I put Reactio under my PS Audio P20 power regenerator, there is obvious improvement as well IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3835.JPG . So nothing is left behind.

One of the earliest Reactio's I got from Seismion got malfunction. It can't keep the green light on and occasionally switches back to red. It was reported to the dealer and they exchanged a new one for me, very good after sale service. I give compliment for them.

Reactions: Ronny18 and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Everything in my system is supported by Seismion Reactio and Reactio Plus. I can't be happier. It is kind of addictive, once you experienced the enhancement, you keep adding more isolators to the system.

I use Reactio Plus for the main units and Reactio for the power supplies. The sound is amazing. There is no going back. Today I put Reactio under my PS Audio P20 power regenerator, there is obvious improvement as well View attachment 126851 View attachment 126852 . So nothing is left behind.

One of the earliest Reactio's I got from Seismion got malfunction. It can't keep the green light on and occasionally switches back to red. It was reported to the dealer and they exchanged a new one for me, very good after sale service. I give compliment for them.
Looks like your system could survive a severe earthquake. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing