Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
I’ve enjoyed learning about Reactio and reading user comments in this thread. The Seismion website currently displays this photo of a Reactio with an HPL (High Pressure Laminated?) top-plate which apparently will soon be offered as an option. Is the HPL material of the wooden plate similar to Panzerholz?

I would love to read a report if anyone's had an audition. What does the HPL plate bring to the Reactio's isolation performance? Are there any tradeoffs when choosing to add the top plate option? Thanks for any information.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I’ve enjoyed learning about Reactio and reading user comments in this thread. The Seismion website currently displays this photo of a Reactio with an HPL (High Pressure Laminated?) top-plate which apparently will soon be offered as an option. Is the HPL material of the wooden plate similar to Panzerholz?

I would love to read a report if anyone's had an audition. What does the HPL plate bring to the Reactio's isolation performance? Are there any tradeoffs when choosing to add the top plate option? Thanks for any information.
I am using panzerholtz (Taiko Daiza platform) on each of my 4 Seismion. They sound great! I did not audition with and without the base.

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
I am using panzerholtz (Taiko Daiza platform) on each of my 4 Seismion. They sound great! I did not audition with and without the base.

Though I don’t have a Seismion, I do have some Daizas and intuitively understand the attraction of trying one on top of an active platform. On the other hand, it seems many Seismion owners are perfectly satisfied using the platform as is, without a wooden layer. I’m just curious if there is a rationale for using them together. Is panzerholz thought to be more effective at dissipating vibrations emanating from the component itself for instance, or more effective with a certain waveband? And are there tradeoffs, or is it an ideal synergy?
Zeotrope, what prompted you to try your Daizas with your new Seismions?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Though I don’t have a Seismion, I do have some Daizas and intuitively understand the attraction of trying one on top of an active platform. On the other hand, it seems many Seismion owners are perfectly satisfied using the platform as is, without a wooden layer. I’m just curious if there is a rationale for using them together. Is panzerholz thought to be more effective at dissipating vibrations emanating from the component itself for instance, or more effective with a certain waveband? And are there tradeoffs, or is it an ideal synergy?
Zeotrope, what prompted you to try your Daizas with your new Seismions?
Exactly.
It was honestly trying to replicate the Taiko active isolation platform. It also makes intuitive sense that having a vibration absorption material should couple well with an active isolation solution.

TLi

May 27, 2016

HPL is panzerholtz, ie hardened wood. The factory of HPL is close to Seismion in Germany and they know each other. Ordinary wood gives a soft and mellow sound, HPL tightens things up a little giving a more present result.

The coupling of equipment to active platform will affect the sound. I have tried many different materials in between equipment and platform. Currently I use a combination of metal cubes of tungsten, titanium and stainless steel. This mixture gives a balanced presentation. One can fine tune the sound using different materials, your preference will decide which way to go.

Reactions: CKKeung

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
HPL is panzerholtz, ie hardened wood. The factory of HPL is close to Seismion in Germany and they know each other. Ordinary wood gives a soft and mellow sound, HPL tightens things up a little giving a more present result.

The coupling of equipment to active platform will affect the sound. I have tried many different materials in between equipment and platform. Currently I use a combination of metal cubes of tungsten, titanium and stainless steel. This mixture gives a balanced presentation. One can fine tune the sound using different materials, your preference will decide which way to go.

@TLi, your report is very encouraging. It seems the buyer choosing the HPL plate option might then be committed to that particular sound, whereas without the top plate, a user has a wider scope to find their most preferred balance by experimenting with blocks, cones and footers of all sorts. It’s also very interesting to hear that you didn’t limit yourself to matched footers but had success with a combination of different metals.

Scatterbrain99

Aug 18, 2016
Hi @TLi, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback on what footers (passive isolation) you tried between the Seismion and the equipments and what you settled on. Also, are you using the stock footer of Seismion? if not, what footers are you using underneath the Seismion?

TLi

May 27, 2016
Hi @TLi, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback on what footers (passive isolation) you tried between the Seismion and the equipments and what you settled on. Also, are you using the stock footer of Seismion? if not, what footers are you using underneath the Seismion?
I use Stillpoints Ultra 5 and Ultra 6 under my Seismion isolators. You can stlll hear difference. Different footers under Seismion will have different sound. One has to try and tune to his preference.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada

HPL and the Taiko Daiza are not quite the same — also, I don’t think Seismion is selling the wood top anymore; but I could be mistaken. Perhaps one of the dealers can comment.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I have forgotten that I have also ordered a Seismion, it has been some time. Today, my dealer called me to tell me it has arrived! I got the big one 50cmx60cm / 80kg load.

I will try it under my Kuzma Stabi M but most probably it will help the Garrard 401 or the Sony PS-X9 more. We'll see (hear).

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I have been looking at Seismion for active isolation under transport, DACs, clock a d possibly preamp down the road.

Under what devices is their use advised and what do you have your 4 under?
There is alot of good feedback posted in various places on what they bring to analog rigs and tube gear. I am not finding as much regarding digital gear and solid state components in general. Thanks....

Reactions: JEB42

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I have been looking at Seismion for active isolation under transport, DACs, clock a d possibly preamp down the road.

Under what devices is their use advised and what do you have your 4 under?
There is alot of good feedback posted in various places on what they bring to analog rigs and tube gear. I am not finding as much regarding digital gear and solid state components in general. Thanks....
Hi!
I have 4 Seismion units, all under solid state gear. One is under a stack of Shunyata components (Denali, Typhon, Altaira). Others are under the power amp, preamp, and the field coil power supply.
The sound difference can be easily heard - I recommend the Seismion units as much as I do Shunyata’s power and ground solutions.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Thanks! Thanks for confirming your use of them is under solid state & other gear. They provide value under Shunyata components as well? Wow, now that's something! I can hear my wallet crying out loud as I write this :)

• Haha
Reactions: JEB42

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Thanks! Thanks for confirming your use of them is under solid state & other gear. They provide value under Shunyata components as well? Wow, now that's something! I can hear my wallet crying out loud as I write this :)
For sure! One of the best things about the Seismion bases is that it's very easy to hear the difference they make. Just flip the switch to turn the active isolation off, then on. I've demoed this for family and friends and even the most skeptical easily heard the improvements.
I would suggest getting one and placing it under various components, one at a time to hear the difference it will make.

The 3 pillars of any great audio system are: Power/Grounding, Acoustic Treatment, and Vibration.

TLi

May 27, 2016
For sure! One of the best things about the Seismion bases is that it's very easy to hear the difference they make. Just flip the switch to turn the active isolation off, then on. I've demoed this for family and friends and even the most skeptical easily heard the improvements.
I would suggest getting one and placing it under various components, one at a time to hear the difference it will make.

The 3 pillars of any great audio system are: Power/Grounding, Acoustic Treatment, and Vibration.
Can't agree more, the room, the power and vibration control are all you need for a good sound.

I have everything under active isolation, really can't do without it.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Here it is; on top of Artesenia Exotery Rack, under a Sony PS-X9.

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 23

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
How is the sound?
Well, the sound is good, and the effect is positive but as of yet, I think these kind of investments are worth it if you already are happy with your room and equipment.

I got one as I want to test it between different types of TT and electronics. I have a personal system at home that I am satisfied with that has changed very little over the years. However I also have a demo room for the products I am building. This room helps me learn about different types of equipment. Maybe this will end up in my personal system or I will keep it here at the demo room and get another one (or two) for my personal system

Reactions: JEB42 and TLi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing