Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Great news!
As an owner of both DarTZeel 18NS and 108 and Seismion platforms, I can attest to the significant difference the Seismion make. It was about as big of an improvement as transitioning from Kondo Japan M77 and Souga to the DarTZeel.

Scatterbrain99

Aug 18, 2016
I would love to learn which LPS's you and other Seismion owners are using. I have four Reactio's and am contemplating a few more to complete things. I have yet to try a LPS.

And I am curious: what differences in sound quality do you hear when going from their standard SMPS to an LPS with your Seismion's?

I've tried few high quality linear PSU with my seismions. However, I realized that peak current delivery is very important. I ended up using LHY Audio LPS80VA and LPS160VA models, because despite their modest price the peak current delivery being 5A+, made the Seismion sound better than other more expensive linear PSU I tried which were 12V/3A max.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I am using 12V/5A linear power supplies from Teddy Pardo. At about $400 each, they are fairly reasonably priced. Made in Israel by a team that only builds power supplies. I would trust them over just about anyone else when it comes to quality PSUs.

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
BTW: We are glad to announce a new cooperation with german turntable designer Helmut Thiele. Helmut has 30 years of experience in designing his own turntables and cooperating with other companies. While he designed the mechanical housing for the active damping base ADB01, the active isolation components, well known from the Reactio and Reactio plus, are contributed by Seismion.

A few first photos together with his TT01 turntable can be found in the thread:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...-dedicated-active-isolation-base-adb01.38599/

Helmut will be attending this week's AXPONA show in Chicago, this will be a great opportunity to experience the new system first hand for everybody who has the chance to visit it.

Reactions: TLi and Zeotrope

Jazzjunkie

Apr 11, 2024
sweet spot

@TLi: your nice tube amp looks very heavy and seems to have quite more weight back where the transformers are placed. Can you compensate this difference in center of gravity with leveling the platform mechanism, so it still works as intended?

TLi

May 27, 2016
@TLi: your nice tube amp looks very heavy and seems to have quite more weight back where the transformers are placed. Can you compensate this difference in center of gravity with leveling the platform mechanism, so it still works as intended?
Audio Note Kondo Kagura 2i power amp is 62kg each. The rear end is more heavy.

Reactio Plus has four screws in four corners to adjust the tension of the springs. It compensates the loading to give a level platform.

Jazzjunkie

Apr 11, 2024
sweet spot
Thanks, yes, would possibly be more borderline with a 100kg amp, but good to hear it can compensate this weight in the back. You have some really nice gear, phew..

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
Thanks, yes, would possibly be more borderline with a 100kg amp, but good to hear it can compensate this weight in the back. You have some really nice gear, phew..
Hello Jazzjunkie,
as TLi wrote, the Reactio plus is capable to adapt to uneven weight distribution. While the maximum payload for a centric mass is about 100 kg (actually slightly more than that), this value reduces a little bit if the center of gravity (COG) is out of the middle. Think of it the way, that each corner can carry about 25 kg. If the mass is concentrated more to one side, then this side will have to carry more than the other side.
That means your 100 kg system with unsymmetric COG is indeed borderline.

However, since the whole production is done in-house at Seismion, we offer the option to adjust the weight limitation of the Reactio plus according to our customers need. The only limitation is that the minimum weight also increases the same amount, which means for example a range 10 - 110 kg, 20 - 120 kg etc. up to maybe 50 - 150 kg.

We offer this option without additional costs.
If you are interested to get such a system, feel free to contact us directly.

Marcus

Reactions: TLi

Jazzjunkie

Apr 11, 2024
sweet spot
Thanks Marcus, this flexibility is appreciated!
Do you also think about offering more than 2 size options?

Some platforms like the Accurion Silencer have an LED indication of active compensating operation and (non)operation out of optimal range. From this thread I got, that you currently just offer the latter. Any LED, especially when often flashing, can be annoying, but if so, it’s also easy to cover it or, it could be designed by the manufacturer, so that it can be switched off. I think an optional display of the grade of compensating operation with a simple LED (no screen) would be interesting and shouldn’t stretch the budget too much. Am I wrong?

It would also be very interesting to know about differences of your product compared to concrete other main competitors (aware that this would just be your point of view).

And how does coupling of the equipment to the platform influence the quality of operation? I suspect, the harder the better but which direction should e.g. spikes have?

I guess you’re used to the fact that folks who think about such products tend to go a bit into detail ;-) But no problem to contact you directly for detail questions in case you prefer.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing