Saskia model two

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
No problem Mssr. C, you're not the only person I confuse.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I agree but I don't think Mike is alone there.

I'm pretty sure Frank Shroeder, Mike Fremer and a bunch of other audio luminaries agree that Win is onto something and it's about time the world got to hear it.

Caveat: I'm biased but it's because I know Win and think a great deal of him. I no longer have any financial involvement with the Saskia project, as explained above.
nice to see you here Mark, and welcome to What's Best Forum. those cycles look awesome, works of art really. :cool:

i use to bump into you on Audioasylum occasionally back in the day.

Win speaks of you with the utmost respect; i was never any sort of techie guy myself so your writing was/has 'unfortunately' always been mostly over my head:rolleyes:. thank you for your part in the development of my lovely Saskia. it sings very sweetly.:) i appreciate you filling in some tech background on the design.

i feel very lucky to own the Saskia.

cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: jazdoc

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, soon time for yr LFD on Saskia review?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, soon time for yr LFD on Saskia review?

been an awesome few days of listening to the LFD/Tosca/Saskia so far, waiting for jazdoc to visit for another viewpoint and tempering. maybe tomorrow and then i'll get down to it.

i've also asked Mik for some specifics on the cable build itself so i don't mess that up.

Happy New Year Marc!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You too Mike. Sounds like yr 2021 is already showing improvements.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Had a socially distant play date at Mike's yesterday. A few quick thoughts...

He seems to have kept a record pressing plant busy the past few months. Some serious record envy here...
The Saskia/Tosca/Etsuro/LFD/etc...combo is superb. Might be the best vinyl I've ever heard. "Tape-like"
Finally got to hear the Infinity mono cartridges. The Kenny Burrell Tone Poet was a real highlight..wow!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I didn't ever think an idler tt could be "tape like". Jazdoc, do you subscribe to Mike's take, that the Saskia excels at jazz, and the CS Port at classical (leaving the NVS for rock/pop/new music)?
Or are you feeling the Saskia as you heard it excels across the board, and maybe pips the other tts?

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
The Saskia set up is my favorite...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Why am I not surprised you say that.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Did you happen to compare the Saskia set-up to the CS set-up using a vocals track? (I ask because of my current hypothesis that there is something categorically believable about linear-tracking tonearms on vocals.)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I‘d love to hear the Saskia now with the new LFD cable. But no doubt we’re in very elite territory comparing the CS Port and Saskia, as I’d be ecstatic owning either as both are amazing tables and when I visited I had zero problem engaging fully with the music regardless of the table in use. Mike leads a charmed life for sure to have the two side by side. That said, as I am not a big listener of classical, I may just prefer the Saskia (but it is unobtanium, not so the CS Port.)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Actually, I took "Yes." as a complete, if not detailed, answer to my question. :)
It sure makes you right ! Easy win ;) Now deal with Peter:)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It sure makes you right ! Easy win ;) Now deal with Peter:)

On the contrary, I interpreted "Yes." to mean that jazzdoc did make the comparison which is the subject of my hypothesis, and that he did not find, in that comparison, evidence to support it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If only one word and no further description required, then yes = natural

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing