Robert Koda Takumi K160

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
@sickophant Robert Koda's gear is some of the most beautiful looking IMO
Can you please, upload a picture of the gunmetal grey K10 where it can be seen better? I didn't know he offered different chassis colors.

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Warszawa, Polsce; BrizVegas, Oz
Very impressed with my amps., the Koda gear gripping and concise while delivering, really, some of the finest natural amplified playback I have experienced.

Actually that first photo I provided above, while this is all my current work-in-progress rigging here in BrizVegas, Oz, I have both my amps. strapped up at the mo'. And so the shot is quite a significant historical document of my dabbling with this bloke, Mr. Koch from RK.

You'll see my MAGNIFICENT Audio Note (Japan, Kondo) 8W stereo Shinri and badly obscured M7 Silver Sound nearer the foreground. That Kondo pairing was the trigger for my visiting the Kondo factory one year and is the reason I was fortunate enough to meet Rob.

Here is my Takumi photographed for Stereophile's manufacturers' gallery with one-off engraving, before it was delivered to me. Heh. Rob liked the name so much he engraved mine. Don't you all feel fortunate you amplifier is called a Takumi instead of this? :- https://www.stereophile.com/content/sn0001

The shot here is no. 1 and my K-10 visiting the giants (and I will say my friends) at AudioPunkt in Warsaw for a few afternoons of glorious high-end amplifier revelling. Very well received, a magazine sent a journalist and the impromptu event was written up. Great bunch of blokes, they LOVE their audio world.

You'll maybe note the fascia change for the Takumi, the first four or so units shipped with the older case work. I like the new face, my no. 12 has the new face. But no. 1 remains my Honey.

I am afraid the grey finish to the K-10 is not an option, I was just annoying one day and Rob submitted, but I am not here to trigger a rush on Rob for news on alternate finishes, champagne is RK's signature colour scheme, I think that is going well for him.

Attachments

• Sklep AudioPunkt Warszawa-201304-17-18-IMG_6134.JPG
    Sklep AudioPunkt Warszawa-201304-17-18-IMG_6134.JPG
    844.3 KB · Views: 96

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Very impressed with my amps., the Koda gear gripping and concise while delivering, really, some of the finest natural amplified playback I have experienced.

Actually that first photo I provided above, while this is all my current work-in-progress rigging here in BrizVegas, Oz, I have both my amps. strapped up at the mo'. And so the shot is quite a significant historical document of my dabbling with this bloke, Mr. Koch from RK.

You'll see my MAGNIFICENT Audio Note (Japan, Kondo) 8W stereo Shinri and badly obscured M7 Silver Sound nearer the foreground. That Kondo pairing was the trigger for my visiting the Kondo factory one year and is the reason I was fortunate enough to meet Rob.

Here is my Takumi photographed for Stereophile's manufacturers' gallery with one-off engraving, before it was delivered to me. Heh. Rob liked the name so much he engraved mine. Don't you all feel fortunate you amplifier is called a Takumi instead of this? :- https://www.stereophile.com/content/sn0001

The shot here is no. 1 and my K-10 visiting the giants (and I will say my friends) at AudioPunkt in Warsaw for a few afternoons of glorious high-end amplifier revelling. Very well received, a magazine sent a journalist and the impromptu event was written up. Great bunch of blokes, they LOVE their audio world.

You'll maybe note the fascia change for the Takumi, the first four or so units shipped with the older case work. I like the new face, my no. 12 has the new face. But no. 1 remains my Honey.

I am afraid the grey finish to the K-10 is not an option, I was just annoying one day and Rob submitted, but I am not here to trigger a rush on Rob for news on alternate finishes, champagne is RK's signature colour scheme, I think that is going well for him.

Koda K70 G2 that i owned and used for some years where from day one up to date my nr 1 amps i own(ed) many amps this are the most natural but also fast and silence amps that i have owned.

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Koda K70 G2 that i owned and used for some years where from day one up to date my nr 1 amps i own(ed) many amps this are the most natural but also fast and silence amps that i have owned.

Totally agree, Rob's an authentic man with very real talent with electronics. I have stated for years he will be a builder to watch. Big fan.

sickophant

May 24, 2013
@sickophant Robert Koda's gear is some of the most beautiful looking IMO
Can you please, upload a picture of the gunmetal grey K10 where it can be seen better? I didn't know he offered different chassis colors.

Absolutely have to agree, incredible machines, very unique. The Takumi K-70 with its three chassis layout, military power plugs for the 430V DC umbilical cords to separated left/right channels, I mean, who does that and neon lights power indicators?, the panel work, the anti-traditional use of R-core transformers countering other tran' types' touted strengths, the silk printing, the very real industrial massive feel of the design, the accuracy and fit. You had to see and hear the prototype of the Takumi K-70 to appreciate the moonleap taken to arrive at my no. 1 appearing on my doorstep in Warsaw and this champagne/black thing in my eyes, the aesthetics a drastic change. I WISH I took a photo of it.

Reactions: marmota

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Absolutely have to agree, incredible machines, very unique. The Takumi K-70 with its three chassis layout, military power plugs for the 430V DC umbilical cords to separated left/right channels, I mean, who does that and neon lights power indicators?, the panel work, the anti-traditional use of R-core transformers countering other tran' types' touted strengths, the silk printing, the very real industrial massive feel of the design, the accuracy and fit. You had to see and hear the prototype of the Takumi K-70 to appreciate the moonleap taken to arrive at my no. 1 appearing on my doorstep in Warsaw and this champagne/black thing in my eyes, the aesthetics a drastic change. I WISH I took a photo of it.

Thanks for uploading the pics!
I don't have the fortune of seeing one in person, but even in pictures you can tell there's something charming and special about it, that's something that can't be said about 99% of things out there IMO.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

Did you ever compare them to your Kaguras? Mind telling us how they compared?

Reactions: marmota

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Did you ever compare them to your Kaguras? Mind telling us how they compared?

Yes i had the Kaguras and the Robert Koda K70 s for almost two years side by side and i know them both very well in the mean time i think they are both masterworks but where the K70 is perfect for the price the Kagura is as good as K70 but 3 more expensief...

Reactions: howiebrou

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Yes i had the Kaguras and the Robert Koda K70 s for almost two years side by side and i know them both very well in the mean time i think they are both masterworks but where the K70 is perfect for the price the Kagura is as good as K70 but 3 more expensief...

Could you be a little more specific, please? Both amps are top notch stuff, that's for sure, but in your system, what do you like or dislike about them and why?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
As they are true hand build art works i am still waiting on mine my pair will be probably delivered before Christmas this year.
You posted this in November. What is going on with your pair?

Reactions: dan31

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Could you be a little more specific, please? Both amps are top notch stuff, that's for sure, but in your system, what do you like or dislike about them and why?

To be honest its all about fine tuning cables, tubes,rack,feets.... if you done all this right for your room and in harmony whit the rest of your system both amps will sing and have dozens of Magic.
I like almost everything about both amps the only important difference will be the price the Koda K70 is at least same level for 40% of the price of Kagura...

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
New power amp from Robert Koda with interesting technical solutions.

https://audioexotics.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13089/robert-koda-s-ground-breaking-amplifier-??-takumi-k160-mono-amplifier

150W / 8 ohm @ less than 1% THD (any mode)
230W / 4 ohm @ less than 1% THD (high power mode)
120W / 2 ohm @ less than 1% THD (high power mode)
Signal to Noise
105.5dB (A weight) @ 1W into 8 ohms. 125.5dB at 100W into 8 ohms
Distortion
0.0009% at 5 watts into 8 ohm, 1KHz.
0.005% at 50 watts into 8 ohm, 1KHz.
Power consumption
550W at all times (high power mode)
400W at all times (normal mode)
Output impedance
0.05 ohms at 1KHz (damping factor is 160)
Input impedance
Greater than 10K ohms (SE, balanced or floating)
Voltage gain (SE, balanced or floating)
26dB
Weight: 45Kg per unit after unpacking
Dimension: 540mm deep 396 wide and 280 high View attachment 59658
Looks stunning.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing