Record Cleaning Machines

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Regarding the Autodesk Systeme....my unit failed after rougly 1500 wash cycles. The actuation roller arms failed to function correctly. The machine is in for repairs in Germany and I hope to gt the unit back from warranty repair soon.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Regarding the Autodesk Systeme....my unit failed after rougly 1500 wash cycles. The actuation roller arms failed to function correctly. The machine is in for repairs in Germany and I hope to gt the unit back from warranty repair soon.

Interesting Christian! Mine failed after about 1000 records. The rollers would not disengage so it made cleaning a bit difficult. Cable Co said they had never seen anything like it. Mine has been with them for 2 weeks. Did you return yours for service recently?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Interesting Christian! Mine failed after about 1000 records. The rollers would not disengage so it made cleaning a bit difficult. Cable Co said they had never seen anything like it. Mine has been with them for 2 weeks. Did you return yours for service recently?

i had the same symptoms...i haven't had my unit for 3 weeks now...record piles to clean are building.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
i had the same symptoms...i haven't had my unit for 3 weeks now...record piles to clean are building.

Did you send yours to Cable Co? I've got a few piling up as well! Can't wait to get mine back!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Did you send yours to Cable Co? I've got a few piling up as well! Can't wait to get mine back!

yes, ultra systems (part of Cable Co. ?) and it had to go back to Germany. I am concerned about the longterm reliablity of this machine, yet it is the best rinser and dryer available, especially when records are pre scrubbed.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
yes, ultra systems (part of Cable Co. ?) and it had to go back to Germany. I am concerned about the longterm reliablity of this machine, yet it is the best rinser and dryer available, especially when records are pre scrubbed.

I have the same concern although it seems like others have a high number of records cleaned with no issues... maybe we just got a couple of bad units.

Had the Monks Ruby prior to this and the Audiodesk cleans a bit more thorough and is more convenient as it does both sides at once but....... I guess it's only a better machine if it actually is here and is completely functional. Otherwise the Ruby wins the more reliable prize.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Mine failed to completed dry records with the fans straight out of the box and I also had the roller issue.

Meanwhile there are Monks, Loricrafts and VPIs from the 1980s still going strong :(

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Reliability is obviously a metric of quality. It makes you wonder how many other people have suffered the same issue as you and Christian have. Having to send this unit back to Germany for repairs is a real kick in the teeth as well. I would want to know if this same failure mode can be expected to repeat itself over and over again in the future. Once this machine is out of warranty, repair and shipping costs will be expensive. Additionally and maybe more importantly where money is not an issue, not having the machine available to perform the job you bought it for is a real bummer.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Mine failed to completed dry records with the fans straight out of the box and I also had the roller issue.

Meanwhile there are Monks, Loricrafts and VPIs from the 1980s still going strong :(

Wow.... now I'm really starting to be concerned with the Cable Company telling me that they've NEVER seen this issue before! They've been trying to hunt down Reiner Glass (over a week now) to gain direction on how to handle the situation.

I think I'm going to jump on the phone with them today to share these latest revelations....

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Now you guys experiencing this same problem are up to three, and that is just on this forum. Has this issue been discussed on Audiogon?

WntrMute2

Sep 23, 2010
Royal Oak, Michigan

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
Hate to hear this. Bought one that should be here by the end of next week. Still have the VPI 17F, was keeping it to use like you do on the really bad records as a pre wash.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Solved my drying problem for $15. That was the cost of a replacement set of wipers from Cable Company - my dealer got them for me. The wipers do shrink over time. There should essentially be no gap between them. I have probably cleaned over 1000 records since last July when I got my Vinyl Cleaner. Larry

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Any updates from people that have got theirs back?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm in about 160 record cleaning cycles after getting it back and no problems so far. I do fear for long term reliability, especially after the warranty runs out. Expensive shipping to Germany once out of warranty.

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
I may have 30 - 40 cleaned since the repair. Seems to be working ok. Just get the occasional water droplet. Still cleans better than my old VPI 17f.

I just hope I never have to worry about future service issues.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing