QSA LANEDRI Series

Hi Steven,
Very glad yo see that there is a QSA Forum on WBF.
Congratulations!

I think I wrote the first QSA review on WBF, back in 2012.
:D

May I ask you two questions?

Firstly, I notice on you website that QSA-Lanedri cables are being launched.

May you tell us more about them?
What metals are employed and what special features do they have?

Secondly, several frds of mine in Hong Kong have bought QSA JitterPower.
IMG-20221230-WA0009.jpg

Again, please tell the WBF members more about these series of accessories.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
CK

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I thought YouTube hifi videos were about as useful as taking a Ferrari for a test drive in a drive-in car wash.
Are YouTube videos be all end all? No. But 95% of audiophiles do not have access to brick-and-mortar stores to listen to hundreds of different products. Even if you have a B&M store near you, the selection does not really provide you with an opportunity to compare multiple products.
I use YouTube as a way to generate interest in a product. If it sounds bad on YouTube I am probably not going to be interested in finding out where I can listen to that product live.

Maybe I am lucky and I can use YouTube as one part of the demo process. BTW, I would never drive a Ferrari through a car wash. :):):)

I have had the QSA Ultimatum Infinity Speaker cables and the Ultimatum Infinity Power Cord on my Inakustic 4500 power conditioner for a couple of months. I also have the Gamma Infinity Power cords on my amps. In the future, I have the BNC cable.
I can say that I am super happy with the results. So much so that I question the 6 figure investment I am making to get new speakers. I would describe the changes I have noticed a 25% improvement in overall SQ. This is major to me as with most tweaks I have tried I am lucky to get 3-5%.

Currently, only two of our clients possess the Ultimatum Infinity power cable, and you are one of them. Thank you @Willgolf for your feedback! Much appreciated.

The effect of our cables is akin to a significant equipment upgrade within an audio setup. With the Ultimatum series, the impact is nothing short of transformational, equating to a major equipment upgrade.

The words I would use to describe the improvements are enhanced clarity, detail, soundstage, and vocals. Everything sounds like the music is right in front of you. A live concert without your eardrums being blown off. You can hear every instrument. A symphony with you sitting center stage. The best headphones without any outside interference or distortion.

I made a substantial investment with Anas and I did not take it lightly. The good news is I am done. This is end game for me. I am happy and satisfied.

The Ultimatum series is fully custom-made to be, indeed, the end game when it comes to audio cables.

What you experience with the one Ultimatum Infinity power cable you possess gives you a hint of what you will experience when this power cable is used to power each unit on the audio setup. In our research and development process, we've thoroughly tested the Ultimatum Infinity power cable with every component, including the power conditioner/distributor, router, DAC, music server, preamp, and amplifier. The result is the elevation of the music experience to an unprecedented level for each unit, each undergoes a profound metamorphosis, unparalleled and irreplaceable in nature.

I have repeatedly stated that the concept of diminishing returns is obsolete when it comes to QSA Lanedri cables. While it might sound like a perfect sales pitch, the reality is even more astounding when it comes to the Ultimatum Series. @Willgolf , once you begin using the Ultimatum Infinity jumper cables, you'll experience the impact of transitioning towards an end-to-end connection with our cables. Powering all the connectors in our laboratory with the Ultimatum Infinity power cable was a groundbreaking revelation in the audio experience.

I am functionally blind so music is really important to me. I am in seventh heaven!

It's deeply rewarding to hear how our cables have enhanced your musical experience, especially given the significance of music in your life. In our journey to share the joy of music we found ourself with those cables, we are navigating a challenging and saturated audio market, often prioritizing this mission over other aspects of life. Knowing that our efforts have brought such happiness to someone like you makes every sacrifice worthwhile. Your satisfaction and happiness are the true measures of our success.

Last edited:
I played those files over a six speaker system in my music room, using AirPlay and recorded them on my phone using a decibel app. The QSA file was about two or three dB louder.
Regarding the sound levels, both versions were indeed calibrated to be the same. However, what your measurements likely captured is the transformative effect of using the Ultimatum Infinity power cable. This isn't just about volume; it's about how the music envelops the room, transitioning from a Hi-Fi output to a performance that feels lifelike and immersive.

Describing the enhancements in terms of transparency, clarity, soundstage, and density only scratches the surface. What we've observed goes beyond mere technical improvements; it's about being completely engulfed in the musical experience. It's not just hearing the music—it's feeling it.

An attempt to capture the transformation using my mobile phone to record the impact of the Ultimatum Infinity power cable on the Telos audio setup (Listening session with Jeff on 15/12/2023).

Telos Listening Room – Before the change:

Utilizing one Ultimatum Infinity Power Cable in the Telos Audio Setup – After the change:

The Ultimatum Infinity power cable had zero hours of burn-in.

In my experience, power cords, tube, fuses and many other components straight out of the box either sound sharp and present or a little muddled but enticingly warm. Usually neither of those is where they end up. That recognized about the second video -- and it's unfortunately not the exact same passage as the first -- I take what Will has to say about the Ultimatum Infinity as good coin, although his tonal tastes and mine may not (or may) be the same (we've never listened together and it's hard to tell from the video). Btw, in terms of clarity, precision and liveliness, in the direction of what I hear in the second video, I've recently found that Nordost's QSINE plug-in surprisingly goes a good way (far beyond the others in its line or the Puron do).

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyb123
Most power cables are rated to carry far more current than the breaker. Here in the UK where we have fuses to protect cables from over-heating, 13A fuses are designed to allow x1.9 over-current i.e. 24.7A to pass for 30 minutes before blowing. A $2 cable with 1.5mm2 conductors (about 15AWG) will pass that current safely. Most audio cables are rated higher, my Neotech mains feed is 26A, Belden 19364 slightly less. I suppose you could run into issues with massive power amplifiers drawing 1,000w+ in a 110v zone, but here in the UK/EU on 220-240v, and my amp drawing a maximum of 350w, the problem is probably more that most or all power cables are being used far below their limits.

So if burn-in is a thing, and there is disagreement, my logic would suggest burning in a streamer power lead would take years. If you do believe in it, shoving 10A down a cable overnight might be sensible if not expensive. I suppose the thing to do would be to connect every new cable to your amplifier for a while and then move them around.

Reactions: QSA-LANEDRI
In my experience, power cords, tube, fuses and many other components straight out of the box either sound sharp and present or a little muddled but enticingly warm. Usually neither of those is where they end up. That recognized about the second video -- and it's unfortunately not the exact same passage as the first -- I take what Will has to say about the Ultimatum Infinity as good coin, although his tonal tastes and mine may not (or may) be the same (we've never listened together and it's hard to tell from the video). Btw, in terms of clarity, precision and liveliness, in the direction of what I hear in the second video, I've recently found that Nordost's QSINE plug-in surprisingly goes a good way (far beyond the others in its line or the Puron do).
Gene
Yes, our tonality tastes are different. You have always strived for warmth while I am more into Live and bold. It would be cool to do a listening session although given our geography that would be difficult.

Reactions: treitz3
I could hear the obvious difference between those two short clips ob my iPad speakers…

… even with the bathroom fan on.
Same. Minus the bathroom fan. I did also try them on my stereo using AirPlay and the differences were even clearer

I downloaded the files from YouTube and played them on my living room system. There is a clear difference. Right off, I preferred the non QSA version for its tonality -- something I'd be glad to live with -- but it took me repeated plays to get a bead on the QSA one. I noted above that the QSA cable in that demo is too new and unsettled to take at face value. Putting that aside, i.e., taking it at face value, the cable's effects seem to get so much going on in the room, at least as heard via the video, that it's hard to tell for sure about it's tonality without actually being present.

Reactions: kennyb123
My initial foray into the realm of QSA Lanedri was greatly influenced by the valuable insights shared on this forum, particularly from CKKeung and hols ( (I extend my gratitude to both). Post hols #338, in conjunction with the prior enhancements I had experienced through my LPS/DC cable selections, prompted me to make my inaugural QSA/L purchase: SFP+ DAC and DC Extension cables.

The DAC cable arrived ahead of the DC extension cable. However, both cables received a comprehensive two-week break-in period, utilizing them in secondary positions outside the primary system's signal path with uninterrupted usage.

The DAC cable distinctly manifested all the favorable characteristics mentioned in previous reviews. I would broadly categorize its performance as delivering a more relaxed and cleaner sound with distinct differences in image staging. The sound quality improvements touted in earlier reviews were indeed accurate. These enhancements persisted within the primary system, spanning the connection between a fully spec'd SOtM switch and a Linn DSM/3, for an additional few weeks.

Subsequently, it was time to evaluate the DC Extension cable. It was a remarkable leap forward. After the two-week break-in period, it was connected to the same LPS/SOtM switch combo previously paired with the DAC cable. Once again, improvements persisted, even beyond the 700-hour mark. Notably, the DC extension cable appeared to induce a more substantial transformation compared to the DAC cable.

I'm curious if others have also observed ongoing improvements over such an extended period. While the frequency of these changes did diminish, their impact on sound quality endured.

Does anyone have QSA Lanedri GI XLR cable experience they would share in more detail, or point me to a post #, I’m just not locating any review in this tread. I see foundational technical information in Post #336 which is great, but someone’s ‘in system’ feedback would be appreciated. The application I’m considering would be between my pre-amp and amplifiers.

Thank you!

Reactions: ssfas
Does anyone have QSA Lanedri GI XLR cable experience they would share in more detail, or point me to a post #, I’m just not locating any review in this tread. I see foundational technical information in Post #336 which is great, but someone’s ‘in system’ feedback would be appreciated. The application I’m considering would be between my pre-amp and amplifiers.

Thank you!
Post 336 is wrong. There are two versions, originally 1x4 and then 4x4. You can read about them on the link below, but the intention of the 4x4 was to reduce inductance. The specs and measurements are included in the link.

I suspect that they use the TPC because they cost $750 from Belden, the Ohno copper version costs $2,250, so if someone returned a pair QSAL would be seriously out of pocket.

There's a handy explanation of copper in the second link below. If you believe QSA does anything, then OK, but it is very difficult to understand how you could improve an Ohno processed copper cable because the whole point is that it is a single drawn crystalline structure and you really don't want to mess with it.

Belden clearly premium price the Ohno version because a 1.5m cable pair contains perhaps $250 - $300 of copper and it costs $1,500 more than TPC. It is made the same way. A small part of the increase may be due to small manufacturing runs and consequent down-time.

Thank you!
Using the Gamma Infinity XLR between the DAC and Pre-amp has a much higher impact than between the Pre-amp and Amplifier. Increased transparency, details, and focus are the improved technical sound specifications.

Using the Gamma Infinity XLR between the DAC and Pre-amp has a much higher impact than between the Pre-amp and Amplifier. Increased transparency, details, and focus are the improved technical sound specifications.
I believe that 'upstream' use makes sense. However the Linn components I have use an ethernet cable between the Pre-amp and the DAC. Linn refers to their system as Exakt. The DAC is called an Exaktbox. Currently I have a GI QSA/L ethernet cable between my Pre-amp and Exaktbox. When I auditioned the QSA/L ethernet cable there, it never moved again! The next link in my chain would be from the Exaktbox to the amplifiers. In a couple of months XLR will be my only choice after an upgrade.

Post 336 is wrong. There are two versions, originally 1x4 and then 4x4. You can read about them on the link below, but the intention of the 4x4 was to reduce inductance. The specs and measurements are included in the link.

I suspect that they use the TPC because they cost $750 from Belden, the Ohno copper version costs $2,250, so if someone returned a pair QSAL would be seriously out of pocket.

There's a handy explanation of copper in the second link below. If you believe QSA does anything, then OK, but it is very difficult to understand how you could improve an Ohno processed copper cable because the whole point is that it is a single drawn crystalline structure and you really don't want to mess with it.

Belden clearly premium price the Ohno version because a 1.5m cable pair contains perhaps $250 - $300 of copper and it costs $1,500 more than TPC. It is made the same way. A small part of the increase may be due to small manufacturing runs and consequent down-time.

We collaborate with Iconoclast for the production of the base cables used in our Gamma Series. This selection is the culmination of extensive R&D, focusing solely on delivering the peak music experience without any monetary constraints. When specific requirements arise, Iconoclast produces cables based on our specifications, which often exceed what is available in their standard commercial catalogue.

Regarding the Gamma XLR, for the Analogue Gamma XLR cable, we use the Iconoclast 4x4 design, and for the Digital Gamma XLR cable, the 1x4 design is utilized.

I believe that 'upstream' use makes sense. However the Linn components I have use an ethernet cable between the Pre-amp and the DAC. Linn refers to their system as Exakt. The DAC is called an Exaktbox. Currently I have a GI QSA/L ethernet cable between my Pre-amp and Exaktbox. When I auditioned the QSA/L ethernet cable there, it never moved again! The next link in my chain would be from the Exaktbox to the amplifiers. In a couple of months XLR will be my only choice after an upgrade.
As I've emphasized before, the QSA Lanedri cables defy the usual law of diminishing returns. Each cable in our range elevates the audio experience to unprecedented levels. By introducing the Gamma Infinity XLR between your Pre-amp and Amp, you'll experience the effect of an end-to-end QSA Lanedri setup.

We collaborate with Iconoclast for the production of the base cables used in our Gamma Series. This selection is the culmination of extensive R&D, focusing solely on delivering the peak music experience without any monetary constraints. When specific requirements arise, Iconoclast produces cables based on our specifications, which often exceed what is available in their standard commercial catalogue.

Regarding the Gamma XLR, for the Analogue Gamma XLR cable, we use the Iconoclast 4x4 design, and for the Digital Gamma XLR cable, the 1x4 design is utilized.
The important thing to note from Belden’s literature is that the impedance of the 4x4 design means it cannot be used for digital, you have to use the 1x4 design. Both can be used for analog.

Belden/Iconoclast do not make cable to anyone else’s specifications. They told me so. They are a market-leading $multi-billion company with decades of research and data. That‘s why I use them. They do customer terminations and labelling. The QSA-L GI XLR is clearly an Iconoclast TPC (red) XLR, I’m thinking of buying one for a bit of fun to compare to my Sean Jacobs XLR. Belden have explained to me that “all the critical data used to make ICONOCLAST have existed within Belden for decades. This isn’t new physics, but the way to manage the R, L and C inter-related artifact to test well sure is. That took a few years to get right.”

The Iconoclast designs and specifications are fully documented online. I’m curious to know how any of your cables are different.

The important thing to note from Belden’s literature is that the impedance of the 4x4 design means it cannot be used for digital, you have to use the 1x4 design. Both can be used for analog.

Belden/Iconoclast do not make cable to anyone else’s specifications. They told me so. They are a market-leading $multi-billion company with decades of research and data. That‘s why I use them. They do customer terminations and labelling. The QSA-L GI XLR is clearly an Iconoclast TPC (red) XLR, I’m thinking of buying one for a bit of fun to compare to my Sean Jacobs XLR. Belden have explained to me that “all the critical data used to make ICONOCLAST have existed within Belden for decades. This isn’t new physics, but the way to manage the R, L and C inter-related artifact to test well sure is. That took a few years to get right.”

The Iconoclast designs and specifications are fully documented online. I’m curious to know how any of your cables are different.
Yes comparisons are fun, sometimes rewarding, and other times not what was expected.

Please compare your Sean Jacobs XLR, a standard Belden Iconoclast XLR, and a QSA Lanedri treated Belden Iconoclast XLR and let us all know what you find. Both Belden cables of course should be the same (1x4 vs. 4x4) as appropriate for your situation.

That would be helpful.

Thank you!
Maybe I can give some user experience on the QSA-L GI XLR cables. I have been using them between my DAC and preamp for the past 9 months or so. I did not try it between the preamp and power amp because I need a long interconnect 3m at least as my monoblock power amps are placed close to my speakers. I would say that the GI XLR are of a slightly different character compared with the power cords. It is sort of the opposite of an analog sound. It gives a more focused sound and give you some great attacks. Instruments of the orchestra are displayed in an orderly manner and in good layering. When there is a sudden loud attack in the piece you can sense that the double bass just lies orderly in its position and giving that plug. It tends to give a more taut(in the good sense) but not tense feeling yet it is in complete harmony with the other QSA-L cables. By that I mean QSA-L cables in general gives a very sumptuous mid and adding the GI XLR helps to to give a tighter bass but does not subtract the lovely mids displayed by the other QSA-L. It actually improves the dynamics and gives you a 'faster' or more lively sound amidst the lovely mids. I would say that if there are QSA-L cables in the system then it will be a good mix to use it. If there are no QSA-L cables in the system or the system is on the lean side then this may not be the best match.

Santa has been very kind to me this year. He brought me two Ultimatum AC power cord replacing my two Spectra Infinity power cords. In this very busy time of the year we still managed to get three of us together to audition this new gigantic Ultimatum power cord. With such high hopes based on the past experience with QSA-L cables frankly speaking I was a bit underwhelmed on first listening to these Ultimatum PC fresh from the manufacturer. There was some improvement in the quantity of bass and there is a shift from more high to mid frequency focused sound to that of a more mid to low frequency focused sound. The sound is a bit rough and lacking the smooth transition which means such a lot to me in the previous QSA-L cables. We have started from adding the Ultimatum from the wall to TT7 power conditioner and then added another one to Taiko extreme. The impression of adding the second one is similar and there is a very sumptuous mid that is never fatiguing and always a pleasure to listen to. But the roughness also persists. Anas reassured us that this is the sound from fresh Ultimatum PC and will need some burning. I left the Taiko extreme continuously running and come back to listen after two days. Oh this time it is really overwhelming. The smoothness has returned together with more of the quality of QSA-L. There is an excellent combination of transparency with emotional imersiveness. You can hear a colourful piano sound sound coming out and it is so transparent that you can hear the beauty of all the overtones. Roon radio led me to a Faure Elegy for cello and piano. The sad tone just came out so naturally and the quietness and decrescendo are so touchingly heard. This is really great SQ. This is another land of no return. The effect is equally important for both the power conditioner and the Taiko extreme. The effect on power conditioner can be shared by both Vinyl and digital while the effect on extreme is more pronounced. I have tried it on my monoblock Cello Performance power amp. Oh it again improves the layout of the orchestra as if the orchestra members are doubled and coming out with a sound that is really grand. I just wish I could have deeper pockets. My friend, John who tried the Ultimatum power cords on his TAD monoblock power amps come back with the same comments that they are indispensable. Oh this is really happy Christmas that Santa brought. Some side issues is that the cable is so heavy and clumsy to handle that I finally had to get hold of some very tall cable stands to elevate them so that they won't fall onto the other cables. They look really nice now. Aren't they? Thanks again Anas for these excellent cables.

Attachments

• IMG_20231229_215014.jpg
    IMG_20231229_215014.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20231230_165623.jpg
    IMG_20231230_165623.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 38
Santa has been very kind to me this year. He brought me two Ultimatum AC power cord replacing my two Spectra Infinity power cords. In this very busy time of the year we still managed to get three of us together to audition this new gigantic Ultimatum power cord. With such high hopes based on the past experience with QSA-L cables frankly speaking I was a bit underwhelmed on first listening to these Ultimatum PC fresh from the manufacturer. There was some improvement in the quantity of bass and there is a shift from more high to mid frequency focused sound to that of a more mid to low frequency focused sound. The sound is a bit rough and lacking the smooth transition which means such a lot to me in the previous QSA-L cables. We have started from adding the Ultimatum from the wall to TT7 power conditioner and then added another one to Taiko extreme. The impression of adding the second one is similar and there is a very sumptuous mid that is never fatiguing and always a pleasure to listen to. But the roughness also persists. Anas reassured us that this is the sound from fresh Ultimatum PC and will need some burning. I left the Taiko extreme continuously running and come back to listen after two days. Oh this time it is really overwhelming. The smoothness has returned together with more of the quality of QSA-L. There is an excellent combination of transparency with emotional imersiveness. You can hear a colourful piano sound sound coming out and it is so transparent that you can hear the beauty of all the overtones. Roon radio led me to a Faure Elegy for cello and piano. The sad tone just came out so naturally and the quietness and decrescendo are so touchingly heard. This is really great SQ. This is another land of no return. The effect is equally important for both the power conditioner and the Taiko extreme. The effect on power conditioner can be shared by both Vinyl and digital while the effect on extreme is more pronounced. I have tried it on my monoblock Cello Performance power amp. Oh it again improves the layout of the orchestra as if the orchestra members are doubled and coming out with a sound that is really grand. I just wish I could have deeper pockets. My friend, John who tried the Ultimatum power cords on his TAD monoblock power amps come back with the same comments that they are indispensable. Oh this is really happy Christmas that Santa brought. Some side issues is that the cable is so heavy and clumsy to handle that I finally had to get hold of some very tall cable stands to elevate them so that they won't fall onto the other cables. They look really nice now. Aren't they? Thanks again Anas for these excellent cables.
Thank you, @hols , for sharing your impressions. It's important to note that the burn-in process significantly enhances the performance of the Ultimatum Infinity power cable. What you've experienced thus far is the beginning of its capabilities. To fully unleash its potential, a thorough burn-in using components with high wattage is essential. This process will further refine and elevate the cable's performance, revealing the full extent of its impact on your audio experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing