Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

mika75

Feb 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

This is a great forum and it really helped me understand a few things. I have a Line Magnetic 845 Premium and got myself some Psvane ACME 845 tubes but after seeing some photos here I realised that mine were also looking the same, red plating! Needless to say I took them off.
So I contacted the seller (Tubeampdoctor) in Germany and the tubes will now go back. :(
The sound was soooo sweet though...
IMG_0687.jpeg IMG_0685.jpeg

nquery

Sep 9, 2016
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and correspondence with Rachel.
I wouldn’t expect a different answer from a dealer who discontinues Psvane and goes for Linlai
I have purchased ACME 805 from certified dealer in Europe. I would not consider buying so expensive tubes directly from China and/or Alibaba. Too many customs issues and time lost in case of replacement under warranty.
Linlai 805 DG, there is no E series for 805 yet, I have purchased from original Linlai store on Aliexpress. I have got a very good deal from them and there is 15 months warranty.

@JSA Did you get your Linlai 805’s and if so how do they sound??

Reactions: the sound of Tao

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
@JSA Did you get your Linlai 805’s and if so how do they sound??
I have ordered them end of January. If all goes well Linlai DG 805 should arrive within next week. I will then let them run a bit and will compare against ACME 805 and standard PSvane 805.
Will share my impressions. I do hope the difference to ACME will be small, as DG is reasonably priced.
In the past Psvane 805 Reference T Series were really very good and very reasonably priced (usd 200/pair c.a..). ACME is better but price is insane.
Will keep you posted.

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Seems Linlai should arrive Monday or Tuesday already to my house.
I guess you have seen there is a new review of Linlai tubes at 6moons?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's an interesting review, and I'm curious as to a choice on tubes in categories, their premium and WE replica.
The former being more modern sounding, the latter being warmer?

nquery

Sep 9, 2016
That's an interesting review, and I'm curious as to a choice on tubes in categories, their premium and WE replica.
The former being more modern sounding, the latter being warmer?
I tried to read most of it but it is a really unfocused and poorly worded review (author not native English speaker?). We need more real world reviews on the Linlai tubes. I would take everything Rachel/Grant fidelity says with a grain of salt given business relationships/issues.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yes, but if she comments on hundreds of returns, that's either true or false. It's not a subjective comment.

nquery

Sep 9, 2016
Yep there is certainly much value in the data she is posting. Maybe I should have been a little more circumspect in my statement but I still think one should be cautious to jump to conclusions about Linlai vs Psvane QC based only on her posts.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
The four screen review I came across extensively cited and quoted Rachel, but was by regular reviewer. He just took a long time getting to the "how it sounds" part, and even then some of it is not too clear. The limitation in asking Rachel about this or that tube is she necessarily speaks broadly about tubes' sonic qualities, not at all in the more specific ways we discuss such things on threads like this, or is often done on older tube seller sites.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Well, I have had the Lin Lai in for a good long time. I don't have the Psvane to try anymore. The LinLai seem to have a nice balanced, clean, fresh detail to them. I would not put a Shuguang back in. I think from memory the Psvane had all that, and more body. More flesh. I don't know the Lin Lai are lacking body. I just seem to remember the Psvane settling into a more rich and thick tone.

The Elrog should be here in a couple weeks. That will be the true test.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kingrex, that was pretty much the conclusion of the 6Moons review...that the LinLai had less of a full tone. The review used the phrase "modern sound".

Last edited:

Yoram Diamand

Oct 1, 2020
When you google the Psvane ACME 6sn7 tube you get the Globe 6sn7-SE. I got those, but they are not ACME. So I was happy to see LINLAI made the Elite 6sn7. It is for the Feliks Audio Euforia, which is a small amp. It was too small for the 6sn7-SE. So I had to lift one up.

Attachments

• IMG-0322.jpg
    IMG-0322.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 13

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Linlai tubes got stuck in local Customs down here. So c.a. two more weeks before I have them at my place. :(
Fingers crossed, Linlai DG805 should be at my place tomorrow.
Linlai guys have put full value on the shipment so it is a bit painful customs/duty wise
Expensive hobby

Devg

Feb 16, 2020
I am looking forward to upgrade the 805 pair in LM 805IA Integrated. Curious what are folks using ? Is anybody aware of the red plating issue with the ACME 805 tubes ?

Last edited:

Devg

Feb 16, 2020
Fingers crossed, Linlai DG805 should be at my place tomorrow.
Linlai guys have put full value on the shipment so it is a bit painful customs/duty wise
Expensive hobby

Very interested in your opinion on the Linlai tubes. Pls post them when you have some time on it. Where did you buy the Linlai tubes from ? There are many Chinese retailers who sells them at lower price than Linlai and would declare lower value to avoid customs. Linlai also has the Elite series which seems to compete with the ACME.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Owe crap, my Linlai 845 are also redplating. Its minor but there. I did not notice until I tried jumping up the wattage. Then I really saw it. I put the watts back lower and observed closer and saw a small amount of glow from the plate. And this is with the 1.2k ohm resistor lowering the watts to 87.
1200 87w Vp=967v Vk=124v. Its only one tube that is doing this. The other is not.

I'm sick of this issue. And I can definitely hear the difference between 1K 98 watts and 1.2k 87 watts. Piano is already loosing speed, punch, immediacy which all equal "live" tone.

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Very interested in your opinion on the Linlai tubes. Pls post them when you have some time on it. Where did you buy the Linlai tubes from ? There are many Chinese retailers who sells them at lower price than Linlai and would declare lower value to avoid customs. Linlai also has the Elite series which seems to compete with the ACME.
I will post my impressions here. No redplating with Acme 805 but I use Wavac and not LM.
I don’t think Linlai has got Elite 805, only DG.
Bought from official Linlai store on Aliexpress.

Reactions: Devg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing