Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Do the top screens glow red?????

Almost no glow, barely just through the slit. Nothing like the stock JJ Music 300bs that came with the Cayin HA-300. I almost wish there's more of a cool glow show, lol.

Actually re-read what you wrote about your. The outer plate itself have no glow what so ever. You'd have to look inside to see the glowing filament but nothing like what you're saying w/ the red plates.

Last edited:

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Almost no glow, barely just through the slit. Nothing like the stock JJ Music 300bs that came with the Cayin HA-300. I almost wish there's more of a cool glow show, lol.

Actually re-read what you wrote about your. The outer plate itself have no glow what so ever. You'd have to look inside to see the glowing filament but nothing like what you're saying w/ the red plates.
Good to know. Glad I returned them. To bad. They were sonically much vetter than any of the Shuguang model 845 I have.

Sandston

Jan 27, 2021
Has anyone had any experience with the AudioNote 845 tube. Its made by Psvane however it has a Moly plate like the Linlai. I am trying to get an answer from Audio Note to see if it has the same low 65ma recommended operating point as the Linlai. But more importantly would like to know how it sounds compared to the Acme and the Linlai Moly.

Reactions: acousticsguru

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
So this 65ma is confusing. My tech said when they talk about screens and watage, they are referring to a Pentode tube. Linlai website says their 845 is rated at 100 full watts of plate dissipation. They call the Elite a robust tube.

I now have a switch inside my amp where I have either 97 watts at the plate or 87 watts at the plate. I have a set if Linlai 845 elite tubes on the way to me. I will have details on how it performs. I actually think I just got bad Psvane tubes. Too bad. I don't like my system nesr as much with the Shuguang in. The 845 really makes a difference.

Sandston

Jan 27, 2021
FYI to anyone considering the Psvane Acme tubes. Grant Fidelity announced it will be dropping the entire Psvane line due to disagreements with Psvane over carrying of the Linlai tubes as well. See post below. This may mean getting high grade strictly tested Psvane tubes may be a thing of the past. There is a very short window of oppurtunity to still get them and they will be warrantied.

Reactions: christoph

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
FYI to anyone considering the Psvane Acme tubes. Grant Fidelity announced it will be dropping the entire Psvane line due to disagreements with Psvane over carrying of the Linlai tubes as well. See post below. This may mean getting high grade strictly tested Psvane tubes may be a thing of the past. There is a very short window of oppurtunity to still get them and they will be warrantied.

Ugh, that's horrible. It's a shame that they had to come to that instead of letting the free market dictate, especially when the ACME line has garnered a following and respected reputation.

Bad move Psvane!

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
if you are in the business of luxury goods and services one would believe you would understand, and if nothing else, have the self serving foresight to display exceptional support and care for your valued dealers/customers in such a large market (and tiny hobby) as ours... something has gone terribly wrong here in their communication imho. Let’s hope they keep talking

Last edited:

Sandston

Jan 27, 2021
Has anyone here heard Audio Note UK's 845 tube. Its made for Audio Note by Psvane. The internal structure looks nothing like any of the Psvane or Linlai's that have come before it. Cant find any reviews on these or any of AN's tubes for that matter. Similar price to the Acme and Linlai E-Series

Reactions: JoeyGun

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Fascinated to read Grant had to return such a high proportion of the ACME tubes. Doesn't exactly engender much confidence in the product.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
Fascinated to read Grant had to return such a high proportion of the ACME tubes. Doesn't exactly engender much confidence in the product.
I think it's not so much not having confidence with the product but more with the company practices

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I get that
But 150+ returns?
That inspires zero confidence in the brand.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
True that. My tubes appeared to be defective. My tech adjusted the bias on his bench and could not stop the redplate.

I also own a set of psvane KT88. My JJ are a better tube all day long.

I don't want to say I won't miss Psvane. Its good to have options. But what I tried had issues. KT88 Sonics not on par with JJ. 845 ACME sounded great but the redplate could not be stopped.

For those who want to try Psvane????? Unless someone in North America wants to get in bed with a Chinese manufacturer ,its gonna be tough to get a good tube from Psvane. I believe Rachel at Grant Fidelity is honest in what she is sharing on their website. Lots of production quality issues. Too bad. Grant F took good care of me. I'm happy I used an authorized distributor. I don't think I would buy a premium Psvane tube from an Alibaba/ebay dealer. To much risk.

My Linlai Elitr 845 should be here in a couple weeks.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
True that. My tubes appeared to be defective. My tech adjusted the bias on his bench and could not stop the redplate.

I also own a set of psvane KT88. My JJ are a better tube all day long.

I don't want to say I won't miss Psvane. Its good to have options. But what I tried had issues. KT88 Sonics not on par with JJ. 845 ACME sounded great but the redplate could not be stopped.

For those who want to try Psvane????? Unless someone in North America wants to get in bed with a Chinese manufacturer ,its gonna be tough to get a good tube from Psvane. I believe Rachel at Grant Fidelity is honest in what she is sharing on their website. Lots of production quality issues. Too bad. Grant F took good care of me. I'm happy I used an authorized distributor. I don't think I would buy a premium Psvane tube from an Alibaba/ebay dealer. To much risk.

My Linlai Elitr 845 should be here in a couple weeks.

I wonder if that's an issue of an ACME 845 vs my ACME 300Bs that have been solid.

Also, I can't speak for lesser Psvane as comparison. I did have the Psvane CV-181 TII and they're pretty good, but not as great as the Sylvania 6SN7W metal tubes I have now.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It's crazy if what Grant said is correct...that they sent tube testing gear to the Pvsane factory, and tunes were delivered that were STILL faulty.
This has put me off any temptation I had to chance new production 211 tubes.
I'll stick w my 1948 GEs...6 years of sterling service, not put a foot wrong.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
It's crazy if what Grant said is correct...that they sent tube testing gear to the Pvsane factory, and tunes were delivered that were STILL faulty.
This has put me off any temptation I had to chance new production 211 tubes.
I'll stick w my 1948 GEs...6 years of sterling service, not put a foot wrong.

FYI, Ian Grant passed away in 2014. Rachel has been running the company since them. I believe they both ran it before Grant passed away.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I stand corrected...Rachel.

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
For what it's worth I've been extremely happy with my Psvane Acme 211's with 300 hours on them, and Rachel was a delight to deal with. Maybe I was just lucky.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It looks like she returned tubes as faulty on Mon Wedn and Fri
Yours must have been those on Tue Thu or Sat

Reactions: timztunz

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
This is so sad that Psvane can’t get their QC together. So much promise. This is crazy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing