PSI Audio AVAA C20 Active Bass Absorber

Apr 3, 2017
Hong Kong
May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
HI QuadD,

Which bass freq. did you have trouble eliminating with the QRD's and diaphragmatic absorbers?
Did you measure your room before and after applying the PSI AVVA's or did you do it just by ear?

Regards,

Geoff

Apr 3, 2017
Hong Kong
HI QuadD,

Which bass freq. did you have trouble eliminating with the QRD's and diaphragmatic absorbers?
Did you measure your room before and after applying the PSI AVVA's or did you do it just by ear?

Regards,

Geoff
Using its staggered 4-mic array, my Trinnov Amethyst captures data in multiple domains, including height/distance azimuth, phase, timing, and frequency. Let me try to dig up some screenshots to demonstrate how the AVAAs have been effective in reducing undesirable room resonance (mostly in multiples of 35Hz) present in the rectangular space (extension of my lining room into the balcony) to the R of my R loudspeakers.

First post!

I just picked up the PSI Audio line for my audio business and have 2 in my 26'x17'x8' audition room. They really are interesting and have made quite in an impact. I have found that placement is a bit tricky and not what I originally thought, but the results are very good. If you are in the Mineeapolis area, come over and play with them yourself!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, not in corners? Not in front corners?

My room runs to 18'x43', clg ht varies from a 4' at side walls up max of 9' at midline apex.

Soundfan

Feb 3, 2020
Hi! My wall is made of concrete. There is no deep sound where you sit, but if you walk in the room you may be deaf from elsewhere.
What can I do?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing