Pranawire

ravenacustic

Apr 25, 2013
I had a loaner pair of balanced Pranawire Arhat interconnects a few days ago. These aren’t inexpensive but there are a lot of expensive audio items in the marketplace which don’t perform well in our respective systems for any number of reasons. The Arhats were not just good but the equal of hardware upgrades and replacements. I’m talking major improvements here. Name your audiophile check box and these interconnects not only checked all the boxes but you can draw a yellow highlighter marker over the box too. I found the performance characteristics to be sensational in tonal quality and midrange density and naturalness. If you think your prized vocal recordings sound good with your current wires in place you really must hear these and what they do for vocals. Your favorite artists sound like they are in the room in front of you. I mean that sincerely.

if I had a quibble about the Arhats it would be their size and stiffness. It isn’t so much that they are heavy, just unwieldy. The good news is that for balanced operation the terminations can be made at the factory oriented correctly for your system thereby eliminating the need to twist one end in the opposite way from the other in order to connect them to your preamp and amp. Yes they are available single ended.

My thanks to Joe Cohen and Neil Levy of the Lotus Group for the loan. Unfortunately out of my price range but I will be checking out one of their lesser priced interconnects next year for sure.

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. Please come by for a visit when you are in Northern California so you can hear a couple of fully outfitted systems.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing