Plixir Statement LPS : I bought this flagship grade LPS just now.

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
Most interesting.

Would you recommend Plixir’s Statement dc cable or other dc cables (to run Taiko switch) with the Plixir Statement power supply?
bfly footers good enough? That would help, too.

thx in advance, Ulrich

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
I recommend the Plixir Statement DC cables.
Have also bought Black Ravioli Big Pads for the Plixir Elite BDC Dual I have recently acquired.

Reactions: Lxgreen

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
Any side by side comparisons between the Signature BDC and Elite BDC would appreciated.

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Please read my review, particularly #6 & #7 about upgrading the plugs on the Vertere Redline powercord :

Concerning the Farad (and also the Ferrum Hypsos & Paul Hynes), IMHO I preferred the Ediscreation Firebird LPS during my comparison performed last year and so I bought a Firebird then.

I have already given my views on Statement vs Firebird on #1.

Of course it may be my personal taste only and YMMV.
:)
A question about the RedLine prior I buy the Furutechs. RedLine is a two meter cable. In my setup a 1 meter cable would be perfect. My wife for some reason is not keen on as she says “the red construction colour“ Have you tried cutting the RedLine in two parts? One meter each. if not your best guess of performance change? I know resell but if I cut it in two it will be less in her eyes.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A question about the RedLine prior I buy the Furutechs. RedLine is a two meter cable. In my setup a 1 meter cable would be perfect. My wife for some reason is not keen on as she says “the red construction colour“ Have you tried cutting the RedLine in two parts? One meter each. if not your best guess of performance change? I know resell but if I cut it in two it will be less in her eyes.
Hi Gunnar,
Almost all audiophile cable manufacturers don't make 1m terminated powercord.
Usually the shortest models available are 1.2m or 1.25m.
Why?

Believe it or not, lengths of 1.2m or longer give better sonic performance.
Actually my personal preference are 1.5m or better still, 2m.
Please don't ask me what the scientific evidence is. It's my personal experience.

For your consideration. ;)

rhyno

Dec 29, 2010
i'm faced with this same dilemma. i'm going to try the redline w/ furutech plugs on my new ediscreation SS extreme switch; if i like it, i'll cut the redline & make 2 cords. if it stinks, the redline goes for sale as a 2m cable.

AQ and other mfgs make 1m cables FWIW---AQ will go down to 0.5M. i think most wont make them due to poor flexibility and market size, but ckeung may be right. time will tell.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Generally the shorter it is the less of an impact the power cord makes. 1.5, 1.8, 2 are quite standard and will give you more of the power cord’s flavour.

Reactions: Gunnar

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
i'm faced with this same dilemma. i'm going to try the redline w/ furutech plugs on my new ediscreation SS extreme switch; if i like it, i'll cut the redline & make 2 cords. if it stinks, the redline goes for sale as a 2m cable.

AQ and other mfgs make 1m cables FWIW---AQ will go down to 0.5M. i think most wont make them due to poor flexibility and market size, but ckeung may be right. time will tell.
I have also understood that 2 meter is better than 1 meter.

I have started to upgrade my power cords. Not so difficult to find something better than my three Naim power lines. My friends are using Chord Music but more than 6000 Euro for one meter is too much. And 2 meters is just insane. At least for me.

I will go for OePhi Reference Power cord. Half the price, still very expensive but manageable. To be able to use just one meter I need to put the Chord M6 distribution block behind my 4 Super3. A two meter Redline would be ……. as the distance between the back of the four Super3 and the M6 would not be more than 40 cm.

I will give it a try and cut a Redline in two and change to Furutech.

Gunnar

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
I have also understood that 2 meter is better than 1 meter.

I have started to upgrade my power cords. Not so difficult to find something better than my three Naim power lines. My friends are using Chord Music but more than 6000 Euro for one meter is too much. And 2 meters is just insane. At least for me.

I will go for OePhi Reference Power cord. Half the price, still very expensive but manageable. To be able to use just one meter I need to put the Chord M6 distribution block behind my 4 Super3. A two meter Redline would be ……. as the distance between the back of the four Super3 and the M6 would not be more than 40 cm.

I will give it a try and cut a Redline in two and change to Furutech.

Gunnar

You may want to consider QSA-Lanedri power cords given the price range of the other candidates you mentioned.

Reactions: MusicTraveler

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
You may want to consider QSA-Lanedri power cords given the price range of the other candidates you mentioned.

Looks like good power cords. More expensive than my choice as I need to add the 21% in sale tax. Is it sold and delivered by a Belgium company? Just curious as pricing is in USD. CE certification?

Last edited:

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Hi All,

We now have expanded the Statement BDC into the below voltages.

5Vdc
12Vdc ( Switches Routers / Lumin U1 U2 mini mods / SRS Perf10 Clock / Legacy Wavelet )
15Vdc ( Chord Mscaler / Hugo TT )
19Vdc ( Roon Neucleus / Intel NUC , some Routers ).

We will plan to have the 9Vdc version soon in the next 2 months , for SOTM equipment.

Thank you for the support.

James.

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Hi All,

I would like to inform our valued community that we are also an authorized Distributor of Plixir in US.
And we already have some stock of Plixir products.
These are different Balanced Power Conditioners for different power consumption.
As well as Balanced Linear Power Supply both the Elite range and the new flagship BDC STATEMENT.

Please feel free to contact us for any questions at any time.
Thank you.
Alex.

Max Smith

Jan 23, 2023
how long did you burn in Statement LPS? I have really stressful 2 weeks of warming up this baby and at the moment I'm more upset than happy

my previous LPS was Plixir Elit Duo

Reactions: sukmano

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
how long did you burn in Statement LPS? I have really stressful 2 weeks of warming up this baby and at the moment I'm more upset than happy

I am not sure how long it took to burn in my Plixir Statement LPS (with Statement DC cables), because I changed several items at once in my system. The big uptick in sound came when I used an Echole Omnia power cord with the Plixir Statement.

Reactions: Max Smith

MusicTraveler

Mar 1, 2022

I replaced two PLiXiR Elite BDCs with two PLiXiR Statement BDCs. At first listening they showed great promise and demonstrated the improvements over the Elite. It was just after two weeks when it seemed to primarily settle, but it continued to refine after that. At the three and a half to four week point another system changed mixed in.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing