Piano Scale System Diagnostic - closed (now piano video clips)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I wanted to bring this up again in case anyone interested missed it. Thanks, Smokester. This is now one of the best live piano performances that I own - I found a red vinyl copy that is just fabulous. The CD just doesn't do the performance justice - even though they were probably both mastered from the same digital tape.

And then there's unbelievable piece by Oscar Peterson (Toronto, RIP):

which can be had on vinyl or cd:

Recorded at the 1981 Montreux Jazz Festival with Niels Henning Orsted-Pedersen on Bass and Terry Clark on Drums.

Jay_S

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
San Francisco - East Bay
I bought Nigerian Marketplace as a result of this thread and have been enjoying it for the past two weeks. Thanks! Note that the album is not the same as the Youtube video. The video includes Joe Pass.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Just for fun.

The Smokester

Jun 7, 2010
N. California
...This is now one of the best live piano performances that I own - I found a red vinyl copy that is just fabulous. The CD just doesn't do the performance justice - even though they were probably both mastered from the same digital tape.

Recorded at the 1981 Montreux Jazz Festival with Niels Henning Orsted-Pedersen on Bass and Terry Clark on Drums.

Yep. I have a red vinyl copy of Nigerian Market Place, too.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Happy Thanksgiving!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing