Piano Scale System Diagnostic - closed (now piano video clips)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
One of my avorite tunes is "Fly me to the Moon." I was listening to some free jazz when the sax summoned his pregnant wife form the audience to sing whatever she liked. She choose to fly me to the moon. She blew the crowd away and i never heard from her again. Just as strange as I thumbed through you tube I settled on this one. Go figure.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
That's one of my favorite tunes too. Frank Sinatra on the 1966 album Live at the Sands is my favorite version of it.

Unfortunately, the recordings and pressings I have aren't very good. I've got a single first pressing that is flat and undynamic. The 180gm double LP from Mobile Fidelity was half speed mastered, and it has that strange loss of "life" and PRaT that some badly done half speed mastered recordings have.

Strangely, my best copy of this is digital - the Japanese "Super High Material CD" version.

Any suggestions of a good vinyl or CD to buy will be highly appreciated!!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Some people get the bulk of their musical entertainment from Youtube. There is some great stuff. It's interesting that these videos can remain posted.

I find youtube a great source of new music because of the suggestions that it makes - and gregadd PLUS youtube is costing me a lot of money!!

The other place I do a lot of listening at is Pandora. Now, if only Pandora and Youtube could stream high-rez :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Time to take a break after these two.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Diana Krall: Other than the fact that she's gorgeous, a great piano player and sings with class, has nothing to offer (I am, at the moment, drooling !!)

and she puts together a helluva band. But like digital, as good as she is. she leaves me wanting. I think she has never really experienced some of the thing she sings about. Compare Billie Holiday Good Morning Heartache. or Janis Joplin- Take Another Little Piece of My heart.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
and she puts together a helluva band. But like digital, as good as she is. she leaves me wanting. I think she has never really experienced some of the thing she sings about. Compare Billie Holiday Good Morning Heartache. or Janis Joplin- Take Another Little Piece of My heart.

I find that in the sense of putting herself into what she sings, Diane Shuur a far better singer and performer.

But the ultimate of heartache is Hello, I Must be Going with Phil Collins going through family strife and a painful divorce. I must have played it a hundred times when my fiancée left me......

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Get your wallets out boys.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

See you tommorrow.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thanks Ron for the compliments. these are mostly classics.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
And by a master

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Chick joins Al DiMeola, Stanley Clarke, and Lenny White on Return to Forever: Live at Montreux on Blu-Ray. He has a solo turn, as well as being a charter member of that band. Great performances and sound.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing