Oh jeez - M6, another super-speaker from Magico

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I find it a bit distasteful for people to regularly bash a brand, any brand, on audio forums. Magico always seems to be a target. There are lots of cartridges and turntables that I have heard and don't own because I prefer something else. I don't feel the need to go on forums and say I don't like those brands with blanket comments. I don't understand it, frankly.

Well said.

It's just stupid.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: marmota

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Magico is a target because of their neverending series of speaker releases.

Reactions: adyc

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

They are a big company with a lot of overhead , you cant keep that company running by sticking 10 years to 1 model ( version).
But I m also of the opinion its a pretty fast remodeling , I do like quite a few models however not all

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Wilson releases lots of speakers too.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I knew you would not understand the mocking of the hyperbole that is the high end audio reviewing scene and how the manufacturers are using it. You will probably figure out some day that these images are off of magico’s Facebook page, and cheap scans apparently of the magazine cover; at least the first one is really poor. But I am thrilled that you are still reading my system thread. I’ve told you to buzz off before.

Nice try at a regroup, but weak
If the OP was your intent to mock audio reviewing, why not say specifically that and why post in the Magico forum?
Weak......

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Process is walking around hifi show rooms to judge a component. His Conclusion is Magico is not good

Okay, now I understand what you wrote. Thanks.

I read User211's comments differently. I read two conclusions, not a statement of cause and effect.

The way to form the opinion that there are better rooms at shows than brand X's room is to walk around shows. I assume Justin knows that show conditions are not the way to gauge a speaker.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
But at shows Magico usually don't sound as they should. Sorry, but show impressions are often worthless, and probably mostly when it comes to Magico.
This is a great point Al. I have never liked a Magico speaker at a show and have consistently found them cold and sterile. PeterA's Magico system is the opposite, very engaging and fun to listen to. It's my belief that Magico needs amplification on the warm side of neutral to make them perform to my tastes.

Reactions: Bodhi and Al M.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Nice try at a regroup, but weak
If the OP was your intent to mock audio reviewing, why not say specifically that and why post in the Magico forum?
Weak......

Read what I wrote one more time: I am about to throw up, TAS
I am equally appalled by Magico's rush to put that image up on facebook, and I bet right now no one else has that issue yet. It feels like TAS privied that issue to Magico asap

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
What purpose does this post provide?
About as much as your modified everything to make up for the stuff you own...absolutely nothing

Sorry, but I found your second line inappropriate and somewhat rude. I for one, admire audiophiles who modify, seek to discover, and push limits in order to make their systems perform better. Sometimes folks find benefit from simple things that are shared and which others have applied for the betterment of their own systems. That is what part of this hobby is all about. In Tasos' case, he was to my knowledge, the first to advocate that simple copper and/or metal mu foil shields can be extremely useful in preventing RFI and EMI noise in electronic circuits made by other manufacturers who typically overlook this type of shielding in their products. I've taken advantage of Tasos' reporting this and for less than 100 bucks, have applied this very frugal improvement to my own system with clear benefit. Remarks that such improvements "make up for the stuff you own" are simply ignorant, mean spirited and do nothing to foster the collegiality that I consider a strength of this forum. I get that you don't dig his gear or his efforts, but c'mon man, there's surely a more collegial way to say it.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Marty, no need to take the bait. Those who know, do know that all my mods transform things in a rather staggering - and sometimes, jaw-dropping - way. And my mods pale compared to what true DIYer's do.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Marty, no need to take the bait. Those who know, do know that all my mods transform things in a rather staggering - and sometimes, jaw-dropping - way. And my mods pale compared to what true DIYer's do.

Yeah, your speakers have a coherence top to bottom that most Martin Logan owners could only dream of. Your modified Berkeley DAC clearly performs considerably above stock. I've heard it all for myself.

Reactions: ack

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Everything is a target on this forum.

Keith, that is funny, but I mean in the bashing sense. Lots of expensive turntables, certain wires and power cords, some footers, and some speakers have very few negative comments every written about them on this forum. But, if we presume your statement to be true, do you think all brands get the same amount of negative comments that Magico, and perhaps Wilson, get? I would disagree with that quite strongly.

Reactions: sujay

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing