Nordost QBase 10 Reference

TLi

May 27, 2016
In May Munich Show, Nordost announced a new flagship power distribution station QBase Reference. QBase 10 has 10 sockets, probably there will be other numbers of QBase Reference in the future.

I had a home audition with this product this weekend. It is directly compared with PS Audio P20 which I have been using for some years. The 10 sockets are divided into left and right groups, which can be independently controlled on the front panel. There are three different modes of power treatment, and the treatment can be turned off completely giving a fourth mode.

The different modes depend on whether QWave and QSine functions are turned on. They can be on separately or on together, hence three different modes. I find turning on both QWave and QSine gives the best sound. It is smooth, silent and yet dynamic. It is noticeably better than PS Audio P20 in a much smaller box. I am keeping the QBase Reference. IMG_3463.jpeg IMG_3462.jpeg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just bought one for my showroom and system. I also used it at Capfest with a Qcore grounding box and a couple of plug ins. I like it!

Reactions: TLi

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We used the QBASE Reference at Capfest and had great sound in our room. I am also using it in my reference system at the showroom and it definelty is an improvement . There again is MORE, more width, more dimension, more music and just more enjoyable. I dont like the audiophile words and this is just more of everything I like and no of what I don't like. I am using my with a Qcore grounding box which hooks up to the Qbase easily with a single cable.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
In May Munich Show, Nordost announced a new flagship power distribution station QBase Reference. QBase 10 has 10 sockets, probably there will be other numbers of QBase Reference in the future.

I had a home audition with this product this weekend. It is directly compared with PS Audio P20 which I have been using for some years. The 10 sockets are divided into left and right groups, which can be independently controlled on the front panel. There are three different modes of power treatment, and the treatment can be turned off completely giving a fourth mode.

The different modes depend on whether QWave and QSine functions are turned on. They can be on separately or on together, hence three different modes. I find turning on both QWave and QSine gives the best sound. It is smooth, silent and yet dynamic. It is noticeably better than PS Audio P20 in a much smaller box. I am keeping the QBase Reference. View attachment 118234 View attachment 118235
may I ask why you dont have your preamp in the primary earth socket?

TLi

May 27, 2016
may I ask why you dont have your preamp in the primary earth socket?
Now I have my preamp plug in the first socket. The photo was taken during the trial stage and was not the final configuration.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Now I have my preamp plug in the first socket. The photo was taken during the trial stage and was not the final configuration.
there is a primary earth socket designed for the preamp so it is the main grounding point for the system. That is not the first socket BTW.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
there is a primary earth socket designed for the preamp so it is the main grounding point for the system. That is not the first socket BTW.
How does it connect if the preamp is two chassis left and right channel.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
How does it connect if the preamp is two chassis left and right channel.
there is a second plug that can be used for the other mono preamp. Check the instruction book but I believe they are on the top row next to each other. I am not using a preamp like tha tbut I believe there is a switch on the bottom to allow this.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing