Riviera Labs AFM-100 SE Class A Monoi amplifiers- something new and different

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Unpacked and started the process on Friday with the Divin Noblesse /Sovereigns/Riviera Labs electronics /Wadax Digital system set up

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
OK so when do you announce u are the Riviera distributor/importer?

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
OK so when do you announce u are the Riviera distributor/importer?
That isn't going to happens since they already ahve a distributor in the US, Tone Imports. If it was available to me I would certainly put my money where my mouth is. I am however a dealer for their great gear and I have become a huge fan as well

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
Unpacked and started the process on Friday with the Divin Noblesse /Sovereigns/Riviera Labs electronics /Wadax Digital system set up

Elliot, now that the AFM100SE monos have clocked some time driving both the Divin Marquis and Divin Noblesse in your room, would you like to share any comparisons of how they drive the two speakers? Would be interesting to hear what you learned about the amps by trying speakers with differing output levels and impedance curves.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, now that the AFM100SE monos have clocked some time driving both the Divin Marquis and Divin Noblesse in your room, would you like to share any comparisons of how they drive the two speakers? Would be interesting to hear what you learned about the amps by trying speakers with differing output levels and impedance curves.
THe amps have no issues driving either speaker. The feel they have is like they have unlimited power. There is no effort or strain on either of the speakers at any level that I have played in my room. BTW I don't baby my system and play all kinds of music at the levels that I feel are realistic .
I have played three different speakers and all worked flawlessly.
I also tried the Stenheim 3 SE before they were moved in the other new soundroom we have.

Reactions: Opabin

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
After living with these amps for a few months I can say that so far they do it all. I have recently taken my Wadax to level 4 status and the system is just doing it like never before. I have played the system for quite a few people I know and clients and they all agree. This never happens but it has. I still prefer the Noblesse of course but both of my speakers love the amps and the better the source the more you are able to hear what the electronics , cables and speakers can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbhifi

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So after living with these amps and preamp for a while now there are some additional thoughts I have.
One , they don't take a really long time to be at full sound quality after turn on.. I really like this since I would prefer not to leave them on 24/7 which I do with most electronics. They do not have lots of tubes and certainly not the crazy expensive tubes but nontheless they have those little cylinders that glow in the dark. These electronics seem to have no limits as far as them just playing everything at any level that I want too. I have not pushed to find the limit but the fact that I have not found it over this period and playing the system, with different speakers, music and listeners is in my mind proof enough for me that they can do it and do it big time.
I also like the understated size and look of them. They can be moved without hiring a "crew" they are simple to operate and so far they are bulletproof. These things mean a lot to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing