Youduoliang

Apr 30, 2020
2KW Isolation transformer limits power amps' performance. Isolation Transformer's rated VA should be at least 2 times bigger than Power Amp's transformer. 3 times bigger is ideal.

Reactions: CKKeung

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Measure the voltage output of each at that location.

Also how consistent was Ron’s placement along with things in the room?
That’s the Key .. I owned the Equitech ET2Q for over 20 years.. The secondary winding has a higher output. The unit if fed 120v, will output 124-126 V, half that on each leg. They do this to keep the voltage from sagging under load. So if you lightly load it, you will get a higher voltage, even a medium load will still yield more voltage than the incoming line..
When I removed my BAT mono amps from the system, the unit kept delivering 125+ volts, which was too high for my low powered tube gear.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
That’s the Key .. I owned the Equitech ET2Q for over 20 years.. The secondary winding has a higher output. The unit if fed 120v, will output 124-126 V, half that on each leg. They do this to keep the voltage from sagging under load. So if you lightly load it, you will get a higher voltage, even a medium load will still yield more voltage than the incoming line..
When I removed my BAT mono amps from the system, the unit kept delivering 125+ volts, which was too high for my low powered tube gear.

It seems that most companies are spec'ing transformer outputs to match the input at full load which in use they will never achieve. We spec ours to equal the input at 40% load which is far more realistic for an audio system, thus protecting connected equipment from overvoltage as you describe.

Reactions: Mikem53

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing