New speaker choice

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Yes. I’m all digital for now. I could also rave about these mono amps, but that would be another thread :)

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
IMO they r as good or better than amps which cost double.

Reactions: beach2mountain

toetapaudio

Feb 13, 2017
Forest of Dean UK
There was mention of Cube Nenuphar’s in this thread. If there are any questions please ask. I have the 8 inch version. I’m in the U.K. a demo is possible.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
IMO they r as good or better than amps which cost double.
Its more matter of system synergy , components cost, especially in amplifiers is not always are commensurate with the high quality, and in your case you ve gotten the great synergy. If you ever get a chance try to audition Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects and speaker cables. I know these are pricey but I m sure you ll find the results pleasantly different.....not to say your current cables are not good of course!

Last edited:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Its more matter of system synergy , components cost, especially in amplifiers is not always are commensurate with the high quality, and in your case you ve gotten the great synergy. If you ever get a chance try to audition Cardas Clear Beyond interconnects and speaker cables. I know these are pricey but I m sure you ll find the results pleasantly different.....not to say your current cables are not good of course!
Thx for the advice! I will try them one day. I auditioned Boulder, Constellation and Audionet. All were great amps, and some a tiny different, but not better and certainly not double/triple. IMO these AVM are sleepers. They are well made, measure exemplary, have tubes and SS and tons of power 1k on all loads, with 1.8k peaks. They are gorgeous as well, no visible screws, glass tops to see inside and tubes, and inside is very well laid out. I could go on and on…. However, you are right on the money with synergy. I hv learned that synergy is really most important… I have a B setup upstairs and I found an amp/ speakers that jived perfectly. Both the amp and speaker makers upgraded these models and a dear friend was always gushing about that setup, so I sold to him and got the new ones of both. Sounds great but whatever magic bound them together in the older models was gone sadly… I still don’t regret the shift though since my buddy is so stoked.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
Thx for the advice! I will try them one day. I auditioned Boulder, Constellation and Audionet. All were great amps, and some a tiny different, but not better and certainly not double/triple. IMO these AVM are sleepers. They are well made, measure exemplary, have tubes and SS and tons of power 1k on all loads, with 1.8k peaks. They are gorgeous as well, no visible screws, glass tops to see inside and tubes, and inside is very well laid out. I could go on and on…. However, you are right on the money with synergy. I hv learned that synergy is really most important… I have a B setup upstairs and I found an amp/ speakers that jived perfectly. Both the amp and speaker makers upgraded these models and a dear friend was always gushing about that setup, so I sold to him and got the new ones of both. Sounds great but whatever magic bound them together in the older models was gone sadly… I still don’t regret the shift though since my buddy is so stoked.
Most of the amps you ve listed (audionet, Blder, Constl) are somewhat on the clinical side, and would not be attuned well to your speakers drivers.. The AVMs have just the right dosage of tubes harmonics. Kudos on a well chosen set up!

Last edited:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I think I just got lucky, but thanks friend.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing