Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
i am guessing amplifier.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
What were the rest of the components beings used by Aries Cerat at Munich?

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
What were the rest of the components beings used by Aries Cerat at Munich?
I wasn't there but looking and freezing the video looks like the equipment is from the Ianus line. The Protos is the starting entry in the the. Also recently introduced was the Itheka DAC and the QuintEssence monobloc amplifiers. The phonostage says it is a Talos sig. The preamplifier is the Ageto.

Last edited:

Mr. Analog

Dec 15, 2021
Very beatiful finish. Is there already a price calculation for the Protos Integrated?

Greetings from Mr. Analog

Mr. Analog

Dec 15, 2021
Meanwhile, I can answer my own question. Price of the Protos will be 24K (in Germany). Released in Q4 of 2023. Power output: 2 x 20 W / 8 Ohm.

Grettings from Mr. Analog

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Thanks for updating :) Excuse my delay

Yes 23,9k in Europe.

Protos carries the Aperio DNA so it is Single Stage and Single Ended design.
One stage between RCA and speaker posts.

Volume control is achieved by R2R relay switched attenuator.

Headphone out is standard.

External transformer PSU case

Stable to <2ohm

Can be tube rolled between all tubes of the Super tube family (6j11, ExxxF etc).

Carries the Ianus Series sound DNA, this is the smallest iteration possible for our TriodeFet technology. It took me some time trying to figure how small it can be done( minimum complexity issues).
(Smallest amp using the TriodeFet is actually the output stage of the Ithaka, 12W .)

First units coming end in Autumn.

Cheers
Stavros

orfeo_monteverdi

Jan 16, 2015
Europe
Dear Aries Cerat team,

May we know please:
- the exact size of the Protos (cm / inches) -> does it fit into a "standard" 45cm hifi rack? Etc
- the size of the power supply unit (PSU)
- flexibility of the yellow power cable: how much cm are required to flex that cable by 90° without constraint? Some of us have a wall behind their gear... (+ is the same cable as used in the Incito S ?).
- weight ? (Protos, PSU - in Kg and lbs)
- length of the yellow power cable ? (cm / inches)
- Gain? (in dB). If possible: gain @volume max / gain @volume 1 (the latter is important <--> possibility to play music at very low volume at night, in function of the speaker's sensitivity)
- the power consumption at idle? (in Watts)
- how much tubes are there inside the Protos?
- the lifetime of the tubes used here? You mention ExxxF => do E180F used in the Incito fit?
- "Volume control is achieved by R2R relay switched attenuator" => same as the Incito (Prestige serie) ?
- is the receptor of the volume control signal located at the front, just under the case, as with the Incito?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: byrdparis

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello

While we finish up it's website(finally) here is some info:
Protos dim is 500mm W X 490mmD x 170mmH, these are max dimensions, not footers placement
PSU is 190x 300 x 90mmH

Without too much stain, allow 20cm for 90deg curve, but even 15cm is strainless

Total weight is 65kg

Volume range is 61 db, and max gain is 18db

Consumption at idle depends on bias settings, expect average bias to be about 100W

Protos is Single Ended and single stage and one tube is all is needed per channel. Standard fit is the 6j11p-e, but can carry all and any ofthe E-xxx-F family plus some Russian equivalents. Lifetime of these tubes is 10000h for the western versions.

Yes the volume is carried out by relay latches R2R network.

IR is at the front(could not be otherwise:)

Best
Stavros

orfeo_monteverdi

Jan 16, 2015
Europe
Thanks !
[regarding the power cable] Without too much stain, allow 20cm for 90deg curve, but even 15cm is strainless
Is this also true for the yellow power cable of the Incito S preamplifier? (it is maybe the same cable)

(Protos: width 50cm. Geeee... the inner size of my rack is 50cm. If the rack is only one 1/10th mm too short in practice, the Protos would not even enter inside...)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing