new---Berlin Philharmonic Direct to Disc Bruckner No.7 Box Set---order while you can!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/berlin-philharmonics-direct-disc-bruckner-symphony-7-box-set

to order.....

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/bruckner-haitink.html

i just ordered it. seemed like one i would want. much better than a one step of a record i already have 5 pressings of.
this is NO-STEP.

love direct-to-disc......and direct-to-disc of a full orchestra! Berlin Philharmonic? how many times can you do that?

i love the direction projects like this are taking us. talk about hi-rez.......this is high friggen rez.:)

Last edited:

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Ordered. Thanks Mike.

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Ordered. Thanks Mike:)

drrsutliff

May 6, 2013
Fleming Island, FL
Ordered. Thanks Mike!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Thanks, Mike. Just ordered. Bruno Walter's version of the Bruckner 7th was my introduction to Bruckner - around 55 years ago when I was in college. It was paired with Wagner's Siegfried Idyll. Maybe because of this early introduction, the 7th has always been my favorite of the Bruckner Symphonies. Larry

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/berlin-philharmonics-direct-disc-bruckner-symphony-7-box-set

to order.....

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/bruckner-haitink.html

i just ordered it. seemed like one i would want. much better than a one step of a record i already have 5 pressings of.
this is NO-STEP.

love direct-to-disc......and direct-to-disc of a full orchestra! Berlin Philharmonic? how many times can you do that?

i love the direction projects like this are taking us. talk about hi-rez.......this is high friggen rez.:)

Done. Thanks for the tip. Still kicking myself for missing the Brahms Symphony DTD set.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Last edited:

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Also ordered Thanks Mike!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Done. Thanks for the tip. Still kicking myself for missing the Brahms Symphony DTD set.

I got the DTD Brahms set just because it was conducted by Rattle and I have been following his career with the Berlin-Philharmonics - the Beethoven cycle on LP is fabulous. The set is still sealed as it arrived in a moment I was moving between two turntables. The cost from DG was 500 euros + shiiping (six LPs) and I was later offered three times the original price by a local collector but I did not accept it. But now it is unobtainium I do not feel motivated to unseal it ...

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I ordered it earlier in the week. Their box sets are magnificent.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I got the DTD Brahms set just because it was conducted by Rattle and I have been following his career with the Berlin-Philharmonics - the Beethoven cycle on LP is fabulous. The set is still sealed as it arrived in a moment I was moving between two turntables. The cost from DG was 500 euros + shiiping (six LPs) and I was later offered three times the original price by a local collector but I did not accept it. But now it is unobtainium I do not feel motivated to unseal it ...
You should put it to good use and play the damn thing!! ;)

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Ordered. Thanks Mike.
+1:)
I have heard „Pastoral” under Haitink in Berliner Philharmonike , unforgettable performance.

Last edited:

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
I ordered the Bruckner today.

The previous Berlin Philharmonic, “Simon Rattle conducts Beethoven’s Symphony“ was, a vinyl box set priced about $300.00 and although it’s not direct to disc, it’s perhaps the most enjoyable Beethoven recordings I own.

Really looking forward to the Bruckner.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I ordered the Bruckner today.

The previous Berlin Philharmonic, “Simon Rattle conducts Beethoven’s Symphony“ was, a vinyl box set priced about $300.00 and although it’s not direct to disc, it’s perhaps the most enjoyable Beethoven recordings I own.

Really looking forward to the Bruckner.

I am looking to order the box whit the Beethoven 9 Symphony's how is the Recording quality and pressing quality of this 180gr Lps?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Ordered, thank you very much for the heads up!

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I don’t, except maybe for investment purposes. Have heard it several times and was not impressed sound wise. Fremer was kind with his 9 on the sound quality. This set reminds me of another D2D for which I had high expectations - Annie Bisson Trio: Live at Bernie’s. Both sound boring to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Haitink came out with, I think, the first complete set of Bruckner symphonies on Philips (huge box set that I have), back in the '70's (IIRC). We saw him conduct the unfinished 9th symphony with the LSO in London two or three years ago. Mitsuko Uchida played the Beethoven 3rd piano concerto in the first half. Quite a program. He is 91 and apparently still conducting! We saw him around 20 years ago in Boston conducting the BSO, with Manny Ax playing the Brahm 2nd piano concerto. We were in the first balcony (on the side) and looked down to see Manny's friend, Yo-Yo Ma in the audience.

Larry

Reactions: Robertd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing