New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Westbrook at $44m is the highest paid Laker. James at $41, and AD at $35m. These 3 breaks the salary cap of $112m for this year.
Well as I said yesterday Jeannie has opened the treasury and pay the luxury tax in the hope of having a contender

Reactions: jadis
Let's see if the Chinese zillionaire will play long and up his spending spree with the Nets. He must be pretty mad they're about to lose Dinwiddie. :D

Jerry Buss must be a very happy spirit today...Jeannie made a bold Jerry-like move to bring another star to the Lakers.

Have to admire her for that!

Reactions: steve williams
Now that the Lakers are capped out, I hope the Clippers have a better shot to sign Spencer Dinwiddie.

He could be too expensive for the Clips however.

Perhaps they could trade for Buddy Hield since the KIngs have indicated they would let him go.

Does it prove anything about Westbrook if he wins a title w/Lebron and AD?

Lawrence Frank, Clippers President of Basketball Operations, says they want Kawhi back as well as their other players looking at free agency. Said they manuevered to draft three players to bring youth to their aging roster.

Last edited:
The harder part is to pass to LeBron while LeBron is in the vicinity. Am talking about Westbrook's penchant for passing to nobody. :D
Westbrook could be there with the Lakers only for a very short time if he refuses to share the rock with the GM-coach-LeBJ from time to time :p

Does it prove anything about Westbrook if he wins a title w/Lebron and AD?
It's not just Westbrook but to LeBron and AD as well, to echo the words to Giannis just a few weeks ago - 'it's too easy'. Like the Nets, the Lakers' big 3s all are not from their original teams.

Reactions: rblnr and christoph
Nets are second in total salaries for next season. And their big 3 have $120m among themselves.

I never knew Westbrook had an 'ego'. :D

"Before Wizards and Lakers completed a trade Thursday night sending Russell Westbrook to Los Angeles for three players and a first-round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, the star guard met with LeBron James and Anthony Davis to discuss such a possibility, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Westbrook and Davis went to James' home in LA roughly two weeks ago to have a conversation about the former Wizards guard potentially coming to the Lakers this offseason, per the LA Times' Broderick Turner. Among several topics covered in those talks, the idea of putting their *egos* aside and bringing the Lakers another title was their main goal. "

And I was thinking, since Silver isn't going to move the 3 point line farther, maybe he should look into preventing teams from having more than 2 players with $35m a year contract and upwards. If there is some people who believes that there is still parity in the league, it's those who have 3 of those kinds of players who get bounced around like a hot potato. :D

Reactions: rblnr
I never knew Westbrook had an 'ego'. :D

"Before Wizards and Lakers completed a trade Thursday night sending Russell Westbrook to Los Angeles for three players and a first-round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, the star guard met with LeBron James and Anthony Davis to discuss such a possibility, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Westbrook and Davis went to James' home in LA roughly two weeks ago to have a conversation about the former Wizards guard potentially coming to the Lakers this offseason, per the LA Times' Broderick Turner. Among several topics covered in those talks, the idea of putting their *egos* aside and bringing the Lakers another title was their main goal. "

Have you seen Westbrook’s TV commercial for some whiskey which is the NBA whiskey of choice. Smooth talker and all duded up. I don’t drink but I can see how that commercial can sway people

Finally the experts are asking who the other 9 Lakers will be.....IMO they have once again given up the farm. They no longer have a 3 point shooter and they are suggesting Westbrook has had injuries over the years as has Davis and LeBron. Bottom line is they all look good on paper but this Trio is going no where

How does Russell Westbrook fit with Lakers?
Westbrook brings more star power to L.A., but the support around it still needs addressing.

Reactions: christoph
I was hoping the Lakers would go all out next year to sway Steph to join. Apparently he and LeBron are good friends.
I REALLY hope this will never happen :eek:

I REALLY hope this will never happen :eek:
In the game of basketball, it is all about chasing the elusive ring. As a player nears the end of his career it seems to me that it is only natural for gifted players who continue to seek one last chance that they become unrestricted free agents and go where they think there is the greatest chance. Some even take cuts in pay to achieve this end and others like Westbrook make $44M to dish out passes. I doubt Steph will retire as anything but a GSW BUT he is very good friends with LeBron ........

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing