My unlocked iphone 5 is free after 12 months

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
A few months ago I upgraded to an iphone 5, unlocked version, for which I paid $600. I don't use my phone that much and when I do email or web surfing (don't do much texting) it is with wifi. However, I do spend a month in London every year and and can buy a local chip there to use for about 20GBP. I had previously been paying $50-60/month for my old iphone 3. I got a plan from Tmobile which gives me 1000 minutes over a period of up to 1 year for $100, on a pay as you go basis. So far I am using the phone at a rate of 50 - 100 minutes a month (I am retired and when I call long distance I use Skype or Facetime on my ipad through wifi). So for my usage, it looks like to will cost me about $100 instead of $700 for monthly phone charges. So my iphone 5 will be paid for in just about 12 months. And I have the advantage of a completely legal unlocked iphone to use in London or Hong Kong or anywhere else in the world with a local card. The main disadvantage is that I cannot email or text or surf without wifi. When I am out of the country, the local chips allow me to do that.

If this fits your situation, you may want to investigate this.

Larry

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
A few months ago I upgraded to an iphone 5, unlocked version, for which I paid $600. I don't use my phone that much and when I do email or web surfing (don't do much texting) it is with wifi. However, I do spend a month in London every year and and can buy a local chip there to use for about 20GBP. I had previously been paying $50-60/month for my old iphone 3. I got a plan from Tmobile which gives me 1000 minutes over a period of up to 1 year for $100, on a pay as you go basis. So far I am using the phone at a rate of 50 - 100 minutes a month (I am retired and when I call long distance I use Skype or Facetime on my ipad through wifi). So for my usage, it looks like to will cost me about $100 instead of $700 for monthly phone charges. So my iphone 5 will be paid for in just about 12 months. And I have the advantage of a completely legal unlocked iphone to use in London or Hong Kong or anywhere else in the world with a local card. The main disadvantage is that I cannot email or text or surf without wifi. When I am out of the country, the local chips allow me to do that.

If this fits your situation, you may want to investigate this.

Larry
I've been using this T-Mobile option for a number of years now although with a Android phone. Great deal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing