Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

After tomorrow its over for HJ

No more shows etc i ve had it a bit with the industry to be honest.
I m gonna spend money on other things .

It was a 20 year pursuit but nothing more to gain really .
Besides constructing LS which i Just like to do

I agree. When they ended the show on Friday playing Led Zeppelin through the 97 year old horns it was a revelation.
That zep they play is awesome. My quote from 2015. I first heard them in 2014

“That said, one of the best Zep I heard was when the Western electric horns at Munich belted Whole Lotta Love, reaching deep into the bowels of the earth to get the bass out”.

I agree. When they ended the show on Friday playing Led Zeppelin through the 97 year old horns it was a revelation.
I ll give them.another shot tomorrow.
I listened to 3 songs.

The magico pilium wadax room sounded nice .
The best at the end of the show was the sensati room with viola Labs and some Scandinavian loudspeaker brand.
Very very good sounding.

My highlights today were .
Siltech amps and ls .
Rockport orion
Kroma vac .
Magico with wadax .
Sensati room.

Alsyvox for planars.

Ps my long time love affair with Wilson is really over.

There is one product i would really want and that is wadax digital

Last edited:
That zep they play is awesome. My quote from 2015. I first heard them in 2014

“That said, one of the best Zep I heard was when the Western electric horns at Munich belted Whole Lotta Love, reaching deep into the bowels of the earth to get the bass out”.
Good times. We were both in awe:)

Reactions: bonzo75
Clarisys Auditorium.

Will keep checking back in for an overall impression.

View attachment 109782
I didn't really get on that well with the Auditoriums for a number of reasons.

I don't think the Souless amps helped either. They are too sterile, lifeless and dry for the speaker. I also don't really like the way they are constructed or the build quality, which is below par.

They are using plywood clamps, and I certainly don't expect to see the raw plywood edge inside the speaker's bass driver. The paint finish is below par IMHO and nowhere near as good as a top car paint shop can do with MDF.

Sure, plywood clamps are probably better than the MDF of the originals, but there are better materials around for the job these days without any shadow of a doubt. Also, what is with all those aluminium slats on the front of the bass driver's? They just get in the way, will resonate, and they don't look well finished. Plus behind there's also a mesh, similar to that used by Apogee. Sure it provides better protection but I don't like it personally as a compromise.

Also, construction is basically more complex than it needs to be.

Do they sound bad? No, still fairly decent, but fun factor with more suitable electronics could definitely be upped. The Horizon from the Alsyvox room would definitely help, as would higher playback volume.

The Alsyvox system sounds quite a bit better I think. Not cheap, but definitely ahead of this room.

I am biased, but go to Graz or Henk or Jon etc of Apogee or Daniele of Alsyvox instead.

Be careful. Keep going back in there. That WE room over the years has been surprising and sometimes best in show.
Agree!

Reactions: bonzo75
darTZeel plus CS Port, what a great idea!;)

any sense of the sound of the new darTZeel cartridge? i might hear it at the upcoming SoCal show.
I think it was fine sounding
It were very nice TT designs which were playing , both of hem
But I would have liked to hear the darts on the rockport orion for example.

Wadax was again the digital to beat .
I Listened extensively to Keith Jarret koln concerts which i have on tape on the wadax .
Magico wadax pilium..
Wadax is very good may be better then tape due to the noise reduction

Last edited:
The CAD/Trilogy/Wilson Benesch room was definitely one of the very best sounding rooms. That wonderful CAD dac and the engaging sound of Trilogy amplification is always a combination made in audio heaven. Sometimes Wilson Benesch can sound too clinical with the wrong head, but with CAD and Trilogy they sounded perfect.
I used to be a dealer for Trilogy, folks should check them out, they make excellent tube gear.

Reactions: Hyperion
I think it was fine sounding
It were very nice TT designs which were playing , both of hem
But I would have liked to hear the darts on the rockport orion for example.

Wadax was again the digital to beat .
I Listened extensively to Keith Jarret koln concerts which i have on tape on the wadax .
Magico wadax pilium..
Wadax is very good may be better then tape due to the noise reduction
Look forward to hearing your top five digitally sourced systems. Did you check out the CAD or IO Designs rooms? Would be interested on your take.

It is by far the very best sound of show. Not only Rock, also delicate performances with singer and chorus - holy night - in low volume was unbelievable good. Even from CD or USB….

IMG_6245.jpeg

After that i went to Nagra with the big Wilsons and it was slow, boring, dead reproduction from whatever some call High End

Last edited:
Clarisys . Soulution.
Sounds good

Attachments

• 20230521_100150.jpg
    20230521_100150.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20230521_100147.jpg
    20230521_100147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20230521_100140.jpg
    20230521_100140.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230521_100128.jpg
    20230521_100128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230521_100640.jpg
    20230521_100640.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230521_100636.jpg
    20230521_100636.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230521_100632.jpg
    20230521_100632.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20230521_100628.jpg
    20230521_100628.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • Haha
Reactions: morricab

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing