V.Y.G.E.R indian signature & VYDA cables.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
It all started a long time ago, I'm 45 now but my journey with analog and vinyl started when CDs popped out to the world.
I had some of my parents' vinyls, some old stuff that everyone had. and some old Thorens (166) that my dad refurbished out of nothing
with a Marantz receiver and USA Beckers speakers. I was into music! playing. studying and listening to music almost 24H 7 day a week.
from there to the rabbit hole and when i had some money of my own (much later) the "audiophile" thingy snuck in and that was it, t
he never-ending pursuit of "happiness" in the form of metal boxes, shiny cartridges, turntables and speakers....
Now, almost 40 years later I'm 97% satisfied (you can see my recent set up on my signature)
but as you know, the enemy of good is excellent and keeping going every year to the Munich show and seeing what is the latest and best in the world will "hurt" (mainely your wallet).
my last analog adventures was base on Japanese turntable and such,
from my "Brinkmann balance" to a "clear audio master innovation" to "TechDas af3"
to "Techdas AF3P" and now the CSport TAT2M2 with their linear arm and a SAEC4700 in second position.
that to my ears demolished the Techdas TT i had... (never heard the af1 at my place though)
.... several CR in rotation - DS audioW3, Kondo IO-xp, Sumile, MSL, AIDAS, Kouetso, top wing, Etsuro Urushi.... you name it.
all connected to the "best" phono i know- the CH precision P1 and i'm a happy camper.
billing myself to death with records from around the world and listening to music without a care in the world... until....you guess it!
Munich 2023 comes again

.... on Saturday noon we (my best friend and I) decided to walk around the smaller show (HIFI DELUX) at the Marriott Hotel, where the more boutique company and somewhat special brands are in several rooms out there. This show is always special, without the constant noise of the MOC and the endless talking from the long corridors of business doing. and we enter one of the most Amazing sounding rooms we ever heard in any of our visits in any show!
It was VIVA equipment (that we know very well) with two large white speakers and an analog set up from V.Y.G.E.R all connected with VYDA cables.
The sound was clear! crisp, with authority, big and punch bass and low end with fluidity and musicality that we did not encounter ever in shows.
The guy who played music over there on records was none other than PINO! the owner and the genius mind from VYGER italy. We sat there for quite some time and with a split decision I got up and approached Pino and started talking to him in a broken Italian part English part Mime... and ordered an INDIAN SIGNATURE full system with their new TITAN electronics. i NEVER heard something that played like this! and i think it was my fastest buy in the AUDIO realm ever.
https://fb.watch/mqSJz751A9/
347029640_244127134931764_7348643183591110520_n.jpeg
I am waiting for PINO and BJORN (pino partner at VYGER that is responsible now for the perfection of the new electronics and computers that were developed for this system!) to finish the production for my set up and delivered it to ISRAEL with the surprisingly visit of Pino himself to set up the entire system at my Home.
Furthermore, i obiusely contacted Enrico Datti from VYDA cables to work with us and prepare a very special phono cable and power cords for this system. and with luck some other cables that i can evaluate in my system to connect the rest of it!
Meanwhile Enrico sent me the phono cable during his summer vacation! and as i mentioned i am waiting for pino to come back from his vacation to complete the Indian signature and prepare it to ship over. I guess you all can read the sheer excitement i in to.
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 08.48.36.jpeg
I will update more when they get here and with luck and some time write about my thoughts, posting pictures and more!

Until then, if anyone has some experience with those systems or Vyda cables I would be happy to hear about it, privately or in this thread of course :)

Aviad.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
A big congratulations to you, Aviad! I am sure you are going to love that VYGER!

And having Pino himself set it up is the icing on the cake!

• Love
Reactions: byrdparis

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Excellent post Aviad and congratulations , I wish you joy of your new turntable … For my part my own VYGER Indian Signature / TITAN has just been completed and are awaiting construction of their shipping crates. In my case Bjorn will be performing the setup procedure :)

Last edited:

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Excellent post Aviad and congratulations , I wish you joy of your new turntable … For my part my own VYGER Indian Signature / TITAN has just been completed and are awaiting construction of their shipping crates. In my case Bjorn will be performing the setup procedure :)
so you are the one is keeping them busy before me! :)))
congrats! hope we can talk a bit around it.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I just installed the new Titan/pump two days ago at the Rhapsody/Brooklyn location. VYGER is a whole new game now with the Titan/pump.

Bob at the Rhapsody Portland location is in process of setting up his new Atlantis/Titan set up. Should be set up and playing shortly.

Chris at the Rhapsody Dallas location is awaiting arrival of his new Titan/pump which is en route from VYGER/Italy.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I just installed the new Titan/pump two days ago at the Rhapsody/Brooklyn location. VYGER is a whole new game now with the Titan/pump.

Bob at the Rhapsody Portland location is in process of setting up his new Atlantis/Titan set up. Should be set up and playing shortly.

Chris at the Rhapsody Dallas location is awaiting arrival of his new Titan/pump which is en route from VYGER/Italy.
this is excellent choice for top tier analog set up with the most High end product you got over there. !

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
this is excellent choice for top tier analog set up with the most High end product you got over there. !
Thank you. Yes, I've loved my Atlantis for the last three years as well as Chris has in Dallas, but it's hard for me to explain the joy that I now have with having installed the Titan/new pump box. I am elated. It has taken the TT to an entirely different level of confidence when turning the set up on and playing records. I now believe the VYGER Atlantis or Indian Signature are complete world class products and will compete with any TT's in existence. imho and this is from an audiophile opinion not as a VYGER team member/US distributor, which I am proud to be.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Do you have a ‘weapon of choice’ cartridge in mind to install in the first instance ?
i think the new KONDO IO-XP will be up after we dial in the set up.
i will have a second arm board (if Pino would not forget to build it :)) ) so i will have some more "feel" to the TT itself rather than the "signature" system. maybe the ds audio w3 that i ADORE! or top wind RS, or AIDAS...Im not sure :) but it will be FUN for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
i will have a second arm board (if Pino would not forget to build it :)) ) so i will have some more "feel" to the TT itself rather than the "signature" system. maybe the ds audio w3 that i ADORE! or top wind RS, or AIDAS...Im not sure :) but it will be FUN for sure.
That should be most interesting indeed , I am planning a second arm also ( non Vyger ) altho still at the concept stage .

andrewbrownstone

Jul 23, 2019
As the UK Distributor for VYGER I have noted the posts above with interest. It is a matter of fact that the performance of the VYGER TITAN Indian Signature turntable establishes an ew benchmark for technical performance and musical enjoyment. The turntable performs competitively with any other product at any price. I believe it still represents an audiophile bargain.
I travelled to Munich and participated in the show helping Giuseppe to demonstrate his products. I also visited the Main Show and carefully listened to a variety of products. I was pleased with the sound we were getting in the VYGER showroom (allowing for the Hotel Room in which we were located and the acoustics thereof).
Unfortunately, the amplification whilst great, did not work at its optimum with the Cartridge in use. What really made the difference was the fact that the new TITAN Controller and Compressor were in use and the loudspeakers employed were the new VYGER Amagosas. These are truly remarkable speakers. Very dynamic, fast, with extended bandwidth and holographic imaging in a wide soundstage. Using in part bespoke drivers supplied to VYGER's specifications form Scanspek in Denmark, they sounded truly remarkable. I use TAD Reference in my home system. In comparing these to the Armagosas, the latter performed exceptionally well. I have my pair on order and I am awaiting delivery after the Summer Break.
There are many ways of spinning a disc or playing a vinyl record. There are many more opinions as to which method performs the best. To address these issues requires an encyclopaedic knowledge of mechanics and electronics (among other disciplines). In my opinion, air bearing turntables offer the best prospect of minimising vibration, mechanical contact on the main bearing, more accurate soundstage; more accurate tracking with a parallel tracking arm; extended bandwidth and rock-steady deep bass. The new VYGER Titan System exemplifies these advantages.
I invite anyone to come to me for a demonstration of these exciting and game changing new reference products. Our Holy Grail is to enjoy the music. Well, in my system it now comes close to the real thing and you need very little convincing that you are actually there, listening to the artistes performing for you in your home or in their auditorium.
Bjorn has spent a considerable amount of time working with Giuseppe to develop these new products. His expertise is reflected in the outstanding performance of these new products.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Gentlemen, congrats! Can someone please compare and contrast the Vyger to Techdas? How are they different sonically and in terms of design?

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Congratulations on your new TT.

FYI I compared two different CH P1 plus X1 with two different Kondo SFz and phono pres. Each time we preferred Kondo setup with Kondo cartridge. CH P1 is a good phono stage but probably I’m more inclined to SUT+MM phono.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Congratulations on your new TT.

FYI I compared two different CH P1 plus X1 with two different Kondo SFz and phono pres. Each time we preferred Kondo setup with Kondo cartridge. CH P1 is a good phono stage but probably I’m more inclined to SUT+MM phono.
thank you!
i was trying for several years all kind of setups v.s my P1 (soon to be a p10) including Kondo SUT and phono stages.
while i understand the appealing for a really good MM phono (kondo in particular) with kondo SUT with their own CR, i like to have my choices and agility for swapping what ever and when ever. and IMO there is no better then CH PRECISION in that regard + sound wise to my ears.
plus,
for a long time now i am using also the DS AUDIO analog set (W3 for time being..) so its another "box" around the stand, now with the VYGER Indian signature and TITAN electronics adding on, i will have a Massive arey of equipment, so i might hold the SUT situation again for the foreseeing future ;). will see how much the Kondo IO-X will stay in play and decide the best audio option. BTW Giuseppe suggest he will send me his own phono stage to evaluate v.s the CH... so that will be very interesting too :) between all are about to come in, the VYDA cables that Enrico preparing for me and the new speakers also... ive got my MIND full :p

Reactions: Argonaut and mtemur

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
thank you!
i was trying for several years all kind of setups v.s my P1 (soon to be a p10) including Kondo SUT and phono stages.
while i understand the appealing for a really good MM phono (kondo in particular) with kondo SUT with their own CR, i like to have my choices and agility for swapping what ever and when ever. and IMO there is no better then CH PRECISION in that regard + sound wise to my ears.
plus,
for a long time now i am using also the DS AUDIO analog set (W3 for time being..) so its another "box" around the stand, now with the VYGER Indian signature and TITAN electronics adding on, i will have a Massive arey of equipment, so i might hold the SUT situation again for the foreseeing future ;). will see how much the Kondo IO-X will stay in play and decide the best audio option. BTW Giuseppe suggest he will send me his own phono stage to evaluate v.s the CH... so that will be very interesting too :) between all are about to come in, the VYDA cables that Enrico preparing for me and the new speakers also... ive got my MIND full :p
One at a time. In this case the focus should only be the turntable. That’s my humble opinion and I wish you good luck.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
One at a time. In this case the focus should only be the turntable. That’s my humble opinion and I wish you good luck.
i agree, but as PINO said to me, its a whole system! the concept of analog by parts is not exciting in his mind.
the turntable, the arm, phono cable, cartridge.. its all need to flow together. so, i appreciate your post, as it should be the best we can achieve to play together.
thank you again.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i agree, but as PINO said to me, its a whole system! the concept of analog by parts is not exciting in his mind.
the turntable, the arm, phono cable, cartridge.. its all need to flow together. so, i appreciate your post, as it should be the best we can achieve to play together.
thank you again.

sorry I missed, are you getting the vyger speakers? They are extremely good.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Gentlemen, congrats! Can someone please compare and contrast the Vyger to Techdas? How are they different sonically and in terms of design?

i have done so with videos comparing AF3p. Blind testing, over 15 people sent to over WBF and WhatsApp, most preferred 4/4 vyger, lowest scores being 3/4 in favour of vyger, all for the same reasons the owner and I preferred in room.

vess had the continuum and vyger, he sold the continuum. Bob owned both AF1p and vyger though some would caveat his opinion as distro, but he sold the AF1p as well. Both he and Chris of Rhapsody Dallas own the vyger and the Kondo Ginga so you could get their opinion if you want to.

i have compared AF1p, AF1, to other tables, not vyger. But overall after hearing both a few times I prefer Vyger.

Separately the best analog experiences Bill and I have had have been with vyger. But you need to have a signal path and recordings where the nuances of the superb vyger linear tracking arm over many pivoted arms can be highlighted.

Last edited:

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
It all started a long time ago, I'm 45 now but my journey with analog and vinyl started when CDs popped out to the world.
I had some of my parents' vinyls, some old stuff that everyone had. and some old Thorens (166) that my dad refurbished out of nothing
with a Marantz receiver and USA Beckers speakers. I was into music! playing. studying and listening to music almost 24H 7 day a week.
from there to the rabbit hole and when i had some money of my own (much later) the "audiophile" thingy snuck in and that was it, t
he never-ending pursuit of "happiness" in the form of metal boxes, shiny cartridges, turntables and speakers....
Now, almost 40 years later I'm 97% satisfied (you can see my recent set up on my signature)
but as you know, the enemy of good is excellent and keeping going every year to the Munich show and seeing what is the latest and best in the world will "hurt" (mainely your wallet).
my last analog adventures was base on Japanese turntable and such,
from my "Brinkmann balance" to a "clear audio master innovation" to "TechDas af3"
to "Techdas AF3P" and now the CSport TAT2M2 with their linear arm and a SAEC4700 in second position.
that to my ears demolished the Techdas TT i had... (never heard the af1 at my place though)
.... several CR in rotation - DS audioW3, Kondo IO-xp, Sumile, MSL, AIDAS, Kouetso, top wing, Etsuro Urushi.... you name it.
all connected to the "best" phono i know- the CH precision P1 and i'm a happy camper.
billing myself to death with records from around the world and listening to music without a care in the world... until....you guess it!
Munich 2023 comes again

.... on Saturday noon we (my best friend and I) decided to walk around the smaller show (HIFI DELUX) at the Marriott Hotel, where the more boutique company and somewhat special brands are in several rooms out there. This show is always special, without the constant noise of the MOC and the endless talking from the long corridors of business doing. and we enter one of the most Amazing sounding rooms we ever heard in any of our visits in any show!
It was VIVA equipment (that we know very well) with two large white speakers and an analog set up from V.Y.G.E.R all connected with VYDA cables.
The sound was clear! crisp, with authority, big and punch bass and low end with fluidity and musicality that we did not encounter ever in shows.
The guy who played music over there on records was none other than PINO! the owner and the genius mind from VYGER italy. We sat there for quite some time and with a split decision I got up and approached Pino and started talking to him in a broken Italian part English part Mime... and ordered an INDIAN SIGNATURE full system with their new TITAN electronics. i NEVER heard something that played like this! and i think it was my fastest buy in the AUDIO realm ever.
https://fb.watch/mqSJz751A9/
View attachment 115047
I am waiting for PINO and BJORN (pino partner at VYGER that is responsible now for the perfection of the new electronics and computers that were developed for this system!) to finish the production for my set up and delivered it to ISRAEL with the surprisingly visit of Pino himself to set up the entire system at my Home.
Furthermore, i obiusely contacted Enrico Datti from VYDA cables to work with us and prepare a very special phono cable and power cords for this system. and with luck some other cables that i can evaluate in my system to connect the rest of it!
Meanwhile Enrico sent me the phono cable during his summer vacation! and as i mentioned i am waiting for pino to come back from his vacation to complete the Indian signature and prepare it to ship over. I guess you all can read the sheer excitement i in to.
View attachment 115048
I will update more when they get here and with luck and some time write about my thoughts, posting pictures and more!

Until then, if anyone has some experience with those systems or Vyda cables I would be happy to hear about it, privately or in this thread of course :)

Aviad.
thanks to Ked organising it, I had the good fortune of listening to these speakers (probably the same white ones) at Pino’s workshop outside Rome In June. the system was playing streamed music from a computer through some rather modest electronics. To say it sounded fantastic is an understatement.

The sheer drive and energy accompanied by some stupendous, tight bass resulted in some of the finest sounds I have heard so far. It’s not cheap though….the speakers are expensive.

Pino is a thorough gentleman, gregarious, an out and out geek and down to earth. I wish I could have spent some more time. Unfortunately, I was on holiday and had to call it quits after an hour of listening. I think by using modest electronics, Pino was trying to make a point about how good the speakers are really. I think he was successful in making that point!

cheers

sujay

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing