Munich 2020 cancelled

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
This is my last post on the topic. Those who keep an open and inquisitive mind will get it. Those who prefer to cede their power of discernment to authority will not.

It is not my job to convince anyone. I stand to make no gain and as such am disinterested.

I dont have any magic answers, I just have native congnitive powers, decent discernment and an open mind to facts and real science ( as opposed to political science which is the vogue nowadays).

I dont give a damn about left or right or this faction or that one. All those are means to diminish independent thought and right action.

Carry on folks...dont mind me. Be safe...all of you. Many pitfalls out there.

Reactions: Zero000

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
30M is just an estimated number with a lot of error margin since we have very little data about how it will react with other parts of the world and how it will evolve.

Let's have it as 12M which might be a better estimate. This is a huge number that will have great impact on world economy and welfare.

Nearly all major exhibitions are cancelled this year. Production is having major hit on territories with infection. Land Rover is trying to bring car parts from east with luggages to compensate. ( https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-51548976?__twitter_impression=true )

If virus spreads similar to a normal flu we'll see production halts all around the globe including USA and Europe. This is not me saying "world will end doom is near". I am saying that if it spreads we'll have a recession and crisis for years to come even after the virus takes its course.

So stopping its course until we have a vaccine is crucial. We need the hype for it.

We got over even the plague many times so humanity will be alright at the end, that's not my point.

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Gone far away from a Munich thread

Worth noting. Covid-19 is not Influenza. Most human immune systems will recognise a new influenza and there's some sort of a response. It's less likely to spread like wild fire

Vaccines for new Influenza are usually available quickly by adapting an existing vaccine. There is no vaccine to slow transmission of Covid-19

30 million dead sounds like someone interpreting figures incorrectly. 30 million cases is a real possibility, the consequence of this is open to interpretation but it is why Governments are worried

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
1918, 50 million people died of a flu. Out of 1.9 billion people.

We are in a different world, medicine and hygiene is in another level but still.

I envy you and I hope you are right.

User211, I am trying to share my view on a matter. I am not disrespecting you. I am not attacking you. It’s just an opinion. I may not be as smart as you, so it is a bit rude to mock a grown up person. Please provide a better point, be kind, be nice and I will be happy to change my view for the better. This is what these forums are for.

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
This thing, just like SARs and Mers will fizzle and be a distant memory by Summer.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

Yeah, that happened for the great influenza pandemic of 1919. Everyone was elated over the low new cases in the summer.

Do you know what happened in the fall after the 'summer disinfectant'? The strain became even more virulent. 650,000 dead in October alone.

Last edited:

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Currently (and these things can change), the Virulence of the COVID-19 is less of an issue than its contagiousness.

Reactions: KeithR

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
No the stock markets are reacting to the media mega hype that's all.

600,000 flu deaths per year globally. No one bats an eyelid by comparison. Reason? Boring story.

No, the stock markets are NOT reacting to the media.

They are reacting to the 2nd largest economy in the world, all but shutting down manufacturing. Lower manufacturing in China, means: lack of parts for the auto industry around the world, lack of electronic parts for high tech industry, lack of cloth for clothing industry, etc, etc.

Leading to potential layoffs all over the world, less products for consumers to buy, delayed development of new tech, etc.

And this does not even take lower purchasing power of the Chinese people to buy things from other parts of the world into consideration.

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah, that happened for the great influenza pandemic of 1919. Everyone was elated over the low new cases in the summer.

Do you know what happened in the fall after the 'summer disinfectant'? The strain became even more virulent. 650,000 dead in October alone.
lol...figures dont compare to Spanish flu at all ...which in reality was an autoimmune disease...very unflu like and more reminiscent of the Black death. Which other flu turns people's skin black?

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
First case reported today from the NC county in which I live in. That person flew back from Washington state and was at the retirement home where the cases started. CDC botched early tests and it‘s spread to what, 11 states now and 9 dead?

The flu doesn’t cause economical damage like this or what is likely to be. Asian restaurants in LA and NYC are loosing 20% to 50% daily business because of fear due to fear of infection. Still think this is media hype?

Schools, malls, concerts, sporting events, retail business are going to suffer. Practically every major conference has been cancelled and there is significant local economic impact for the hotel, tourist and service industry that cater to those conferences.

If people want to stick their head in the sand and ignore what’s happening to the world around them, that is their choice. If by some miracle we keep this under 1,000 infected in the US until a vaccine is ready I will happily say I’m an idiot, over reacted and was completely wrong about all of this but that doesn’t look likely now does It?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Life Care Center of Kirkland, USA ground zero for COVID-19, is about 9-10 miles north from where i work in South Bellevue. i live another 25 miles east in the mountains.

it's a bit tense here east of Seattle. not sure where this is going.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Life Care Center of Kirkland, USA ground zero for COVID-19, is about 9-10 miles north from where i work in South Bellevue. i live another 25 miles east in the mountains.

it's a bit tense here east of Seattle. not sure where this is going.
Wash your hands frequently. Try to have less fingers contact with things commonly used like door knobs, elevator buttons, bus, metro handle, public things for precautious and you will be just fine. We have been living with precautious for over a month here now. Actually this is great since it is becoming a good stay clean habit that avoid other influenza as side benefit too. Thai people are fully alert now. Unbelievable level of public cooperation. But somehow when we talk about it here because it is a talk of the town subject at the moment, we would be viewed as being "panic."

Best wish to your health Mike.
Tang

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing