Rhapsody.Audio
Same with Axpona, the show will go on, but with no attendees allowedo_O

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What's the use of that Robert?

To POKE at Axpona because I think it is irresponsible for them to just say the "show will go on" vs. saying we will wait for a week or two to see the lay of the land at that time and then make a final decision.

Reactions: Elberoth and Leif S

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
1918, 50 million people died of a flu. Out of 1.9 billion people.

We are in a different world, medicine and hygiene is in another level but still.

I envy you and I hope you are right.

User211, I am trying to share my view on a matter. I am not disrespecting you. I am not attacking you. It’s just an opinion. I may not be as smart as you, so it is a bit rude to mock a grown up person. Please provide a better point, be kind, be nice and I will be happy to change my view for the better. This is what these forums are for.

100% correct ^ in regards to respect in expressing our views.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Stay put and well and safe Robert.
Bob,

You aren't spending $15K+ to exhibit at Axpona. With Axpona at this time saying the show "Will go on" regardless of the situation we have no choice but to start arranging for international shipments and international travel for our room equipment and international room staff.

I would bet a large sum of $$$ that in six weeks from now public gatherings will, not be allowed totally, or at least be recommended for people not to attend large public gatherings. This would result in VERY few attendees. I hope I am wrong, but this is what I predict.

Munich took the high road, although Munich is in Euro of course and an International show, I understand that. But I think Axpona's current positioning of the show should be handled in a different manner.

Instead of taking all of this into consideration and looking at it on a day-by-day basis, Axpona is just saying the show is going on regardless. I think Axpona is being irresponsible and sorry if it seems insensitive to you.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
You misunderstood me Robert; I too find it irresponsible...that was what I was saying.

I APOLOGIZE:) All good.

I thought you were saying that I was insensitive. I'm not liking it at all (Axpona) because instead of a 2 hour flight I am probably going to end up driving 12 hours both ways just because of circumstances. You won't get me into and airport/airplane unless absolutely necessary.

Then spending all of the $$$ and then probably being there with very few attendees....it's frustrating.

Reactions: Leif S

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I APOLOGIZE:) All good.

I thought you were saying that I was insensitive. I'm not liking it at all (Axpona) because instead of a 2 hour flight I am probably going to end up driving 12 hours both ways just because of circumstances. You won't get me into and airport/airplane unless absolutely necessary.

Then spending all of the $$$ and then probably being there with very few attendees....it's frustrating.

You're one of the best guy on the planet; it's the Axpona show decision that I found insensitive.
Certainly not you Robert. Keep things well under control in New York...I know it's not easy right now; I've read the latest news on the world channel this morning.
In Los Angeles neither it's easy this morning, actually all on the West Coast.

Reactions: Elberoth

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
You're one of the best guy on the planet; it's the Axpona show decision that I found insensitive.
Certainly not you Robert. Keep things well under control in New York...I know it's not easy right now; I've read the latest news on the world channel this morning.
In Los Angeles neither it's easy this morning, actually all on the West Coast.

Thx:)

Not sure about one of the best guys on the planet:).....I'm sure I could get a few carbon life forms to disagree with you on that:)

Unfortunately I think NYC will turn into a zoo, as if it's not already, in the next month......time will tell.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Unfortunately I think NYC will turn into a zoo, as if it's not already, in the next month......time will tell.[/QUOTE]

It is, especially at Yankee stadium :)

Reactions: Rhapsody

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Damn 80+ countries now. 6 new cases in L.A. and 3 more in NY.

Do you still think this is hype perpetuated by the media, user211?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah, that happened for the great influenza pandemic of 1919. Everyone was elated over the low new cases in the summer.

Do you know what happened in the fall after the 'summer disinfectant'? The strain became even more virulent. 650,000 dead in October alone.

There is no comparison between the pandemic of 1919 and Covid-19, to compare the two is to be completely ignorant of history.

Reactions: wisnon

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
1918, 50 million people died of a flu. Out of 1.9 billion people.

We are in a different world, medicine and hygiene is in another level but still.

I envy you and I hope you are right.

User211, I am trying to share my view on a matter. I am not disrespecting you. I am not attacking you. It’s just an opinion. I may not be as smart as you, so it is a bit rude to mock a grown up person. Please provide a better point, be kind, be nice and I will be happy to change my view for the better. This is what these forums are for.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/14/8/07-1313_article

A scientific take...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Damn 80+ countries now. 6 new cases in L.A. and 3 more in NY.

Do you still think this is hype perpetuated by the media, user211?
The Flu is likely in more than 200 countries every year and this year alone accounts for 18K deaths in the US alone. P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Vendors and attendees who planned on Axpona 2020 would be smart to cancel.....all it takes is one contact.........not worth the risk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing