Meet the new player in high rez playback land- pro audio DSD recording pioneers!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
May I introduce you to the new player in high rez playback... Merging Technologies.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I've been using the Ravenna protocol in the studio for the past couple of years and it's been rock solid. No dropouts, sync, clicks/pops or any other issues you get with USB.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
So what's different about this? I don't have the patience to watch videos (I got to the 4 minute mark and gave up).

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
So what's different about this? I don't have the patience to watch videos (I got to the 4 minute mark and gave up).

Remind me to not go to the movies with you :)

We are indeed living in a video world. The train has left the station, dear fellow member Floyd.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Don't take it personally, Peter, we're all different.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Ahh, like the Lumin. Thanks.

Lumin also lets you have a USB direct attached drive. Not having that ability is a deal breaker.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Remind me to not go to the movies with you :)

We are indeed living in a video world. The train has left the station, dear fellow member Floyd.

Actually we are not living in a video world as you refer to it. You might think so but you are late to that party. That novelty has warn off. MF is right. More and more we don't have time to slog thru videos. Give us the details so we can move on.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Dang! Tough crowd!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Yeah, old curmudgeon that I am, I prefer words as well. Give me a lot of them if you've got them; I can skim and find what's pertinent. Can't do that with video.

Tim

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Actually we are not living in a video world as you refer to it. You might think so but you are late to that party. That novelty has warn off. MF is right. More and more we don't have time to slog thru videos. Give us the details so we can move on.

+1 ... let's not confuse our information-world with youtube ... nor slogging video's with the Movie Theatre experience.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com

DITTO

Perhaps a table of contents so we can decide if are even interested in the topic or product. Just a suggestion.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I am very excited about the mch NADAC. It can connect directly with my NAS, providing access to my 32+TB of files, including 500+ mch albums. At this point, I am 10 days away from hearing the NADAC in Geneva at Merging. Having used Pyramix and the Merging Mykerinos card for the past 5 years in my ripping project, I have been very pleased with what Merging does on the pro side. Now for the consumer side. Also I want to see how their Emotion software is working as a front end.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing