KRONOS Pro ... finally

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Dear Bonesy Jonesy,

I have a lot of respect for the work Mr. Boisclair is doing for the legacy of Wally Tools. I have seen his videos and explanations and the way he tried to find mechanical theories of his work.

If your Kuzma tonearm cable causes so much unwanted horizontal force, then unbending the cable is a way. But a risky one, the way this cables are thin and breakable. And what would you do if the cable is inside the tube. No way of turning it.
I can't confirm that I have unwanted and too high forces horizontally. In my case it is in a balance to the inherent skating forces and the system sounds fantastic. What matters the most for me. Yes, there is an effect of this cable, but not a problem. IMO there are some other factors like SRA, VTF or Azimuth which are much more important.
Hi 'redandgold',
My tonearm cable for my Kuzma 4Point 11" is no longer a problem (as explained in my first post).
I am not twisting the complete cable that also travels inside the tonearm, only the visible outer cable (like you show in one of your photos of oyur tonearm).
Yes, SRA, VTF, VTA, Azimuth, Zenith etc. are all very important and so is correct anti-skating for allowing your cartridge to operate at its optimum best when all of these parameters are set-up to within so called ideal parameters.

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
One question, Bonesy Jonesy:

These unwanted horizontal forces, were they only measurable or were they also audible?

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
One question, Bonesy Jonesy:

These unwanted horizontal forces, were they only measurable or were they also audible?
That's impossible for me to quantify 'redandgold' as I also measured and adjusted for all of the other cartridge and tonearm parameters using the Wally Tools before I listened to any music with these changes.

However, after using the Wally Tools and adjusting for the respective cartridge and tonearm parameters, the sound considerably improved in particular a lower record surface noise (I mainly listen with my headphone system), better instrument separation and a greater sound stage (deeper and wider).
Overall, I am so glad I invested in the Wally Tools.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I agree with @Bonesy Jonesy, horizontal forces that apply to tonearm is as important as others. IMHO/IME anti-skating should be around %9 of VTF for a 12” tonearm. You can measure both anti-skating and stiction of bearings but I won’t go into details IOT prevent discussion. You can also use Wally Skater for this purpose in basic form.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

redandgold

Jun 3, 2018
Some months ago Louis Desjardins called me per video and told me proudly and excitedly, that his new turntable is in the final step to finish. I felt to keep silent, but not it is official:

It will be shown at Munich HE together with Vivid Audio.

The player is called PERPETUAL. Last call the table stood side by side to his DISCOVERY and looked great. Design like the DISCOVERY, but a bit smaller, opposite "colors" and one arm.

Louis felt, the performance will come crazily close to the top modell. It will be more a question of taste. The DISCOVERY will stay the top performer with more implicitness and airiness, but the PERPETUAL is fast like crazy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing